Port Canaveral .. Majesty?? RC Handing PC Over To Carnival

I do not understand this issue. First everyone talked about the great upgrade for PC with the Oasis. Now they give the port a second year round ship. Still positive and I do not care if this is the oldest or the second or third oldest ship.

Carnival deployed their ugly Carnival Sunshine and the also ugly looking Fantasy Class to PC instead of Carnival Dream before. Next year the Breeze comes but the ugly once stay as well.

It is the Carnival Magic which comes to PC next year not the Breeze.

I do not understand this issue. First everyone talked about the great upgrade for PC with the Oasis. Now they give the port a second year round ship. ....

The issue is that PC already has a year round 3/4 day ship in Enchantment, and that's being changed to Majesty.

The issue is that PC already has a year round 3/4 day ship in Enchantment, and that's being changed to Majesty.

Then you factor in we had a third ship (Explorer) for about 5 months with 4/5/9 day cruises... PC was in high cotton. All of a sudden the Oasis was going to be the only Royal game in town. At least with the MJ we are headed back in the right direction.:)

I honestly wish we were keeping majesty down here. I have the last two cruises booked which I'll have to cancel now.

Why do you have to cancel.:what:

Especially since you just said you wished she would stay. :confused:

Wasn't trying to be helpful, this thread is full of a bunch of stupid complaints anyway. Sorry, but the poster that I quoted in my post has been writing useless, and sometimes completely incorrect, information.

Well then go and play in another sandbox if you can't get along with the kids in here.

We waited 4+ hours to get our bags last year on our way to our princess cruise due to thunderstorms that shut the airport baggage systems down. Had we flown in the day of the cruise, we would have missed the ship.

I was not impressed with port Everglades terminals, granted, I was at Princess not RCCL, but the entire experience was a huge let down compared to Miami.

The Princess terminal at FLL is a dump, as is the terminal next to it that Celebrity tends to use. If you were to use the Oasis terminal at FLL, you'd have a totally different opinion of that port.

The Princess terminal at FLL is a dump, as is the terminal next to it that Celebrity tends to use. If you were to use the Oasis terminal at FLL, you'd have a totally different opinion of that port.

We used one of those for Legend in December, but debarked at the oasis terminal

Why do you have to cancel.:what:

Especially since you just said you wished she would stay. :confused:

I booked the last 2 sailings on the assumption she was being retired. Now she isn't. So I don't need to sail her in April. I'd rather go to PC and sail her refurbished at a later date. So for me, I like to cancel and sail something else since I have a lot of options living in the ft lauderdale area. I am considering doing a jewel 4 nighter that is basically doing majesty's 4 night itinerary one day earlier then majesty. Then get off. Go home for a night and then board majesty for the final sailing out of Miami in the old configuration. Choices choices. So many choices.

Funny, Port Canaveral is our favorite port to cruise from. Reasonable hotel rates in the port area, several rental car agencies with free shuttles to the port, several shared shuttle companies to choose from, decent restaurants on the channel and in the Cocoa Beach area, much less traffic than the Ft. Lauderdale area.

The restaurant, Fish Lips, yum-yum.:)