family fun cheap...

code_d

Have a family of 7 of us going this Aug. Will be kids 12,13, 16, 17, 18 with Mom and Dad. Are there any inexpensive options out there to do for us? A beach is fine. Unfortunately due to unexpected events need to find budget things to do this trip. Any help appreciated as a port we have not been to yet.

Cheapest route would be to stay at Mahogany Bay. It will be crowded but there is a beach and about anything that you would want to eat or drink. With a pack of youngins like yours it would break the bank just to haul them to Tabyanna Beach.;)

Hope that you have a great vacation.

Gotta agree with Clackey. I'm sure everyone will tell you to head for West Bay or LFK or BFK, but the beach at MBCC, with your crowd and on a budget, should work. Water's not the pristine blue, but shallow enough for little ones to romp in. And you can always head back tot he ship and eat then return. Easy walk. Lots of loungers. Just be aware that most everything else is ala carte and can cost a bit for a short time of use.

• 1 month later...
Gotta agree with Clackey. I'm sure everyone will tell you to head for West Bay or LFK or BFK, but the beach at MBCC, with your crowd and on a budget, should work. Water's not the pristine blue, but shallow enough for little ones to romp in. And you can always head back tot he ship and eat then return. Easy walk. Lots of loungers. Just be aware that most everything else is ala carte and can cost a bit for a short time of use.

@Crewsweeper - you keep showing up in all the threads I'm reading, and clearly know the western Caribbean well! :)

At MBCC do they rent SUP or kayaks?

I'd like to get my group of 8 to a beach for a few hours with a budget of about $400. I'm up for any of your suggestions. You've pointed me to YaYa and PezQ in Costa Maya - so I'd love your input for Roatan...

@Crewsweeper - you keep showing up in all the threads I'm reading' date=' and clearly know the western Caribbean well! :)

At MBCC do they rent SUP or kayaks?

I'd like to get my group of 8 to a beach for a few hours with a budget of about $400. I'm up for any of your suggestions. You've pointed me to YaYa and PezQ in Costa Maya - so I'd love your input for Roatan...[/quote']

is this for your upcoming NCL cruise?

IF so you will be docking at Coxen Hole so you will not be able to go to Mahogany Bay (only for Carnival related cruises).

A quick google search shows a couple of vendors at West Bay who have SUP and I am sure kayaks have also been mentioned in the past. I know that Club Natale has kayaks for rent. They have several different packages depending on your needs and budget if you don't all want to kayak. Turquoise Bay also had kayaks last time I was there. You would need to contact them both to ask about SUP availability.

Not sure if $400 is your complete budget - but transport on Roatan tends to be expensive but with a large group you should be looking at about $25pp for a private driver for the day, which would be your least expensive option. Transport to Club Natale and Turquoise Bay is included in their fee if you only want to go to their location.

I think you may have more success with SUP on Cozumel if that is one of your ports.

is this for your upcoming NCL cruise?

IF so you will be docking at Coxen Hole so you will not be able to go to Mahogany Bay (only for Carnival related cruises).

A quick google search shows a couple of vendors at West Bay who have SUP and I am sure kayaks have also been mentioned in the past. I know that Club Natale has kayaks for rent. They have several different packages depending on your needs and budget if you don't all want to kayak. Turquoise Bay also had kayaks last time I was there. You would need to contact them both to ask about SUP availability.

Not sure if $400 is your complete budget - but transport on Roatan tends to be expensive but with a large group you should be looking at about $25pp for a private driver for the day, which would be your least expensive option. Transport to Club Natale and Turquoise Bay is included in their fee if you only want to go to their location.

I think you may have more success with SUP on Cozumel if that is one of your ports.

Thank you for your help. I'm still learning a lot!

I want to try Bananarama, but they don't answer my emails. Their packages include transportation. I'll look again at Club Natale. Thank you for your help!!

Thank you for your help. I'm still learning a lot!

I want to try Bananarama' date=' but they don't answer my emails. Their packages include transportation. I'll look again at Club Natale. Thank you for your help!![/quote']

Note the US phone number

RESORT: info@bananarama.com -or- Honduras: 011 (504) 2445-5005/5006; USA: 001 (727) 564-9058