Love and Marriage game show

FI and I will be on the NOS in September for our honeymoon. We are interested in auditioning for the Love and marriage game show.

Does any one know how that works? Any one been in the show?

FI and I will be on the NOS in September for our honeymoon. We are interested in auditioning for the Love and marriage game show.

Get to the theater about 30 minutes before the show and they will have auditions.

We were on the show in 2012 on Jewel.

gameshow.jpg

On some ships they do indeed tell you to be there 30 minutes before the show to "audition" I saw this on Majesty. On Freedom there was no mention of this and the Assistant CD came out and did the auditions and took people backstage before the show started.

What you do for the auditions varies somewhat and sometimes. The CDs do have the liberty to vary things slightly. I won't tell you how we won as we may use that technique again. My advice, get yourself noticed, be creative and that means crude or risque as it is an adult show.

As the others have said, get there early, sit up front.

Be LOUD if you need to say something. Get noticed by standing "higher" if you can figure out how to and need to. Try to make some friends ahead of time and recruit them to cheer for you if they see you try out.

Good luck!

Standing on a chair makes you more visible, especially to the folks in the back and up in the balcony.

Shouting the words, lets everyone hear you! :p

Being dramatic lets everyone remember to vote for you!

Long kisses get lots of applause! ;)

Craziness is usually rewarded! :eek:

Good luck!

P.S. BOTH of you need to want to do this. The best auditions have two enthusiastic participants! :)

They do need to switch this up a bit now -- its been exactly the same each time I have seen it ... the newlywed couple, the mid-range couple, the senior couple . ... alotta the same questions ... and the adorable senior couple always wins ...

Time to inject a little new life into this old show .. getting dull

They do need to switch this up a bit now -- its been exactly the same each time I have seen it ... the newlywed couple, the mid-range couple, the senior couple . ... alotta the same questions ... and the adorable senior couple always wins ...

Have you ever seen a gay couple, that would spice things up. Maybe sometime.

Seems like it would be easy to get most answers right as they have always asked similar questions...

The strangest place you have made whoopi...make something up in advance

If you could change one thing about your wives/husbands body...decided in advance

What movie title best describes your whoopi sessions...there is always one that will embarrass the husband, pick it.

Multiple choice question...always pick the same one (first, second or last)

You can probably remember some of the questions from shows you have seen. The odds are good that nobody on the ship will know you, so go for the worse possible options.

Your "audition" will probably be onstage live if you get selected to participate. LOL. On our Navigator cruise last year, the 3 couples were selected by anniversary year groups. They did the craziest stuff from the audience to get noticed...good luck to you.

Have you ever seen a gay couple, that would spice things up. Maybe sometime.

My boyfriend and I will be celebrating our honeymoon on Anthem in September... you never know!! ;)

I can't imagine he'd be up for it, somehow!

Last week on Independence, the audition for the newlywed couple was to see which couple could give the most passionate kiss (as judged by audience applause). Some took it serious, some went campy of for humor. Winner was the guy who swept his wife up into his arms and kissed her - he was about 6'4" and she was about 4'10" so it was fairly easy for him and quite romantic.

This was done at showtime (you didn't need to get there early) but I think everyone else is right when they say the closer to center stage you are, the better your chances.

Good luck!

No ... would they allow that?? I've never seen a gay couple up there.

We had a gay " newlywed" couple but of course the cute older couple won.

Are they actors do you think? Some of tne things the older couple said....

We had a gay " newlywed" couple but of course the cute older couple won.

Are they actors do you think? Some of tne things the older couple said....

At age 49 went on stage as the newlywed (along with my wife whose age shall be unmentioned.)

I can assure you that I am neither an actor nor plant. :-) We were chosen by virture of being married the shortest number of days. (On boar the ship)

I don't remember the point outcome, but all three couples received the same gift package (bottle of sparkling wine, a couple of ball caps, etc.)

MY 11 and 12 yo step kids weren't in the audience, but they had plenty of chances to see the show on tv! :-0

Aloha,

John

:)Our traveling companions were the middle age couple a couple of years ago on the allure they won. He was know for the duration of the cruise as morning wood. Enough said.:) They did the craziest things during the audition.

My parents cruising with my aunt and uncle 10 years ago were chosen as the older couple. My father ,the out going buffoon got picked ...one of the questions was What's your favorite condiment. To which my father replied ..We don't believe in condiments were Catholic ... The audience and CD went wild , my poor mother the classy and dignified one was mortified and said the rest I of the cruise people were poking each other , pointing at them and whispering. My aunt was just telling me the story ( my mother had given me the short version at the time). My parents are gone now I would have loved to have seen the tape ....

We were the middle couple in March 2013 on the Mariner. It's was really fun but yes the few I've seen the oldest married couple usually will win. To the degree the CD, re-addressed the question quite a few time and gave them hints to the needed answer.

It was indeed another Good Time. Especially with the answers we gave and our adult kids sitting in the audience. :D

BTW, they selected the 1st couple (honeymoon couple) by who was married the least amount of time and they selected the 3rd couple by who was married the longest amount of time. The middle couple, (DW & I) was selected via audition. About 20 or more couples lined the front of the stage and the CD went right down the line for the auditions. The 5th couple auditioning took on everyone and was still standing. We were the last couple and we wowed the crowd enough to hit the stage.

I suggest that if you can, attempt to be one of the last few couples to audition so you can see what others are doing. It worked for us anyway! Good luck. And congrats on the wedding!

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin

My boyfriend and I will be celebrating our honeymoon on Anthem in September... you never know!! ;)

I can't imagine he'd be up for it, somehow!

Yea, from the way you described him on the food thread, I don't see that happening

We were on the show in '09 on Indy. We got there about 15 mins before the show started. They asked for anyone who was just married/ on their honeymoon. It was between us and another couple, both married the same day. They got married at 11 am before boarding, we got married on the ship at about 2 pm. That was our "try out". My parents were almost chosen as the longest married, at 53 yrs and someone walking in yelled us 55 yrs... I didn't want to compete against them but I really didn't want them and my in-laws hearing our answers either!! lol

PS the oldest couple on ours didn't win they came in 3rd, it was the middle couple. We came in 2nd which was kinda bogus, was final question/answer for most points. They asked where we first met. I said the Airport, DH said LAX they counted that against us...

Edited by LilBlackDress