Which Carnival Offering do You Feel Are UNDERrated?

In the interest of balance, since we already have a thread regarding overrated "Carnival Items," which aspects of Carnival's ships and vacations do you feel don't get enough praise? I'll start the show.

1. The Staterooms. I've sailed on four cruise lines at least once and Carnival's staterooms are easily my favorite. I won't mention what I didn't like about the competitor's cabins, but will stick with what I like about the rooms Carnival offers us. The beds are comfortable. The rooms are laid out to be functional and cozy. There is ample storage space. And I even like the décor. Note* I've never booked an inside cabin, so I can't speak to those. We book a balcony stateroom, Cat. 8B, 8C, or Cove. Also, I can't speak to aft balconies, nor suites, but I'd venture a guess that those equal, or exceed, what other cruise lines offer in those categories.

Next up...

The chicken tenders from the grill, the carved lamb on the buffet and those Hot Chocolate machines. The Indian food.

Love the indoor promenade. Lately we've been sailing Princess and miss having lots of seating along here.

Edited by SadieN

I would have to say the shore excursions. Before our first cruise a week and a half ago, I was really apprehensive about our shore excursions which we had booked through Carnival. I had read so many things about them being all crowded and people feeling they were being herded etc... I even was just about to cancel them and do something on our own, but my mother nixed the idea because she was nervous about us getting around on our own.

I have to say I was most impressed with all 3 of our shore excursions. We had no trouble finding our departure points, did not ever feel like we were overcrowded or herded and it was most relaxing not to have to worry about all the logistics of getting to and fro from the excursion to the boat. Our excursions were all super fun and enjoyable.

Other thing would have to be the staff... everyone was so nice and treated us so well! I did feel like they were friends at the end of the week and was sad to leave them!

Thank you for starting this thread. I find it interesting the inverse proportion of responses/views to this versus the other thread.

First I would have to say the service is definitely underrated. In cruises too many to count, I have had exceptional service experiences. In the very rare occasion when I (emphasis on I - not they) had a problem it was solved promptly and with a smile.

I also find the cabins underrated. They are comparatively spacious, well-maintained and comfortable.

I echo the staff sentiment, for sure. I admittedly have no other line to compare it to, but I know good service when I get it. The staff is wonderful and they all appear to love what they do. It makes my time with them so much more enjoyable.

I would also add that Carnival does a great job keeping people busy if they want to be busy. There is always something to do or something to see. If you want an active vacation, there are options, and if you're looking to relax, there are plenty of places to seek out for that too. Carnival has the ability to make everyone's vacation a positive experience as long as a positive experience is what they're looking for.

The Serenity Deck. I'm always amazed that a ship with thousands of people has a quiet, relaxing spot in the sun. I also love the seaside theater, and that now there are blankets for watching late night movies when the sun goes down. Thanks Carnival!

In the interest of balance, since we already have a thread regarding overrated "Carnival Items," which aspects of Carnival's ships and vacations do you feel don't get enough praise? I'll start the show.

1. The Staterooms. I've sailed on four cruise lines at least once and Carnival's staterooms are easily my favorite. I won't mention what I didn't like about the competitor's cabins, but will stick with what I like about the rooms Carnival offers us. The beds are comfortable. The rooms are laid out to be functional and cozy. There is ample storage space. And I even like the décor. Note* I've never booked an inside cabin, so I can't speak to those. We book a balcony stateroom, Cat. 8B, 8C, or Cove. Also, I can't speak to aft balconies, nor suites, but I'd venture a guess that those equal, or exceed, what other cruise lines offer in those categories.

Next up...

Not to mention their cabins are usually more spacious.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Crew! The best service we have had is on Carnival, beat our experience on RCI, so much so, that by the end of our second RCI cruise we looked at each other and said, "boy I miss Carnival".

Staterooms - as others have stated, they are larger and more comfortable. Lots of storage.

The overall atmosphere, we don't find it "party", we find it relaxing and friendly. :D

Underrated to me:

Chopsticks - on the ships that have them (like the Pride). Guy's and Blue Iguana get all the love but Chopsticks had some well prepared dishes and was one place where they actually had something a little spicy.

The Brand Ambassador being on Facebook/having a Blog and the Carnival Fun Forums - I know that John isn't universally loved. I like him but it's not him I'm talking about. Carnival is one of the most social media accessible cruise lines. Have a question, need an answer - you have many ways to get an answer using non-traditional means (not just calling a call centre which is the norm for other cruise lines).

The fact that every ship has a different look and feel. I know that the Farcus designs often come under attack from non-Carnival lovers (and some who like Carnival) but it makes the ships unique and gives a different feel and vibe to each one. I like the glitz and glamour of some and the artistic feel of others. Even without Farcus, the Dream, Magic and Breeze each have their own décor.

I can't explain it, but for me it is the distinct cruise ship "smell". There is a certain smell on cruise ships that is unique to cruise ships that once it hits your olfactory senses, you say ,"yeah, I'm on a cruise ship".

And no, I'm not referring to the sewage smell.

Next up...

Carnival's homemade soups. Especially cream of mushroom. I could eat that at every meal.

I have to go along with all those that said the crew. After 20 Carnival cruises, I can honestly say that the crew is awesome. From the servers to the behind the scene workers, they are always friendly and have a polite hello. Love 'em!

There are so many that jump to my mind (staff, cabins, food, entertainmentm etc.) but I'm thinking Carnival, as a whole, is underrated. We've been on five Carnival cruises and will be on #6 this September and have always had a wonderful experience. Has everything been perfect? No, but those have been minor and not big enough problems to ruin a vacation. That goes with every vacation and daily life in general.