In-room bar for Royal Suite

Sandtrap328

I understand that the Royal Suite comes with two bottles of booze. Does anyone know what size the bottles are? Can you specify what you would like such as Pravda vodka (available at martini bar) and Malibu coconut rum? My wife said we should ask for Johnny Walker Blue - wouldn't that be a wonderful inclusion?

Last summer it was 2 750 ml bottles, 1 vodka and 1 other. We requested change out of 1 of the bottles and it was no problem. If your concierge (Michael's Club) emails you prior to departure you could email him/her your specific request.

We have always had I litre bottles. That was true even for the 5-night second leg of our B2B in December 2013. On our latest cruise in April/May this year they were labelled [if memory serves me right] as 1.17 liter. From the Canadian customs form we were given pre-disembarkation that equates to 1 litre.

Have Celebrity since cut back to 750ml?

I understand that the Royal Suite comes with two bottles of booze. Does anyone know what size the bottles are? Can you specify what you would like such as Pravda vodka (available at martini bar) and Malibu coconut rum? My wife said we should ask for Johnny Walker Blue - wouldn't that be a wonderful inclusion?

In the Royal Suite recently we had 2 one litre bottles. You could ask the concierge for a swap but I am not sure you would be able to specify a spirit brand.

You are able to specify a beer brand as they also stock the fridge with beers, sodas etc of your choosing. We got them to keep us stocked with 2 Ps, peroni and Perrier

You can specify the brands you require of both the 2 complementary bottles and the contents of the mini bar. My experience was that the concierge confirmed the availability of requests pre-cruise.

Up to a point, they won't do a low prices malt for a blended whisky. It was not an issue but may of course be an inconsistency between ships

Up to a point, they won't do a low prices malt for a blended whisky. It was not an issue but may of course be an inconsistency between ships

On board Eclipse now. Well I know very little about whisky so wouldn't know a blended from a malt but I requested a bottle of Glenlivet and a 1 litre bottle was in my Mil suite when we arrived.

We kept the vodka, asked for the Dewars to be switched for Johnny Walker Black and it was with no problem. I'd be surprised if you could get Johnny Blue, DH didn't even ask in Michael's Club, he was happy with the black.

Hope your holiday is going well. I think I remember you asking me a few questions when we were on the Equinox in April. I hope you are enjoying your room, Michael's and Luminae.

Glad you have got the drinks you want. We usually swap for a decent brandy and whisky too. I honestly do not think they refuse any reasonable request. But I'll bet there is someone who would push beyond reason!

Hope your holiday is going well. I think I remember you asking me a few questions when we were on the Equinox in April. I hope you are enjoying your room, Michael's and Luminae.

Glad you have got the drinks you want. We usually swap for a decent brandy and whisky too. I honestly do not think they refuse any reasonable request. But I'll bet there is someone who would push beyond reason!

Thanks for your kind thoughts. So far we have been pleased with cruise. I really don't understand why others have commented that Michael's is poorly attended. Today there was an afternoon tea event with at least 30 people attending they ran out of ch Last night reception with Captain was also very well attended and lots of photos taken. So much for wasted space then. Sylvia the concierge is extremely professional and organised. She works extremely hard.

Today was our first visit to Luminae for breakfast. Lunch on embarkation was served in Blu but with Luminae menu. The portions at breakfast were huge and the croissants to die for. No where else on ship matches the quality of those pastries. I must keep away.

Thanks for your kind thoughts. So far we have been pleased with cruise. I really don't understand why others have commented that Michael's is poorly attended. Today there was an afternoon tea event with at least 30 people attending they ran out of ch Last night reception with Captain was also very well attended and lots of photos taken.

I suspect that the use is dependent on the mix of nationalities of the passengers. In February, my wife attended the afternoon tea and she and her friend were the only two there. Enjoy the rest of your cruise. Will Sylvia be on board in September.

We have done three Michael's clubs in total (yes, we had a very special year). All clubs were well attended although the pattern of attendance varied. Like you, on our Equinox cruise, the afternoon tea was well attended and very pleasant. On the summit April 2014 the newly opened Michael's was busiest for its musical evening events and on the Solstice October 2014 it was pre dinner drinks that filled the room.

On each of the cruises we have been quite specific in our use of Michael's.

In returning from a trip it was great to pop into Michael's for a quiet and civilised sit down and drink. The waiter would bring us our drinks, often suggesting other drinks to refresh the parts......a couple of those delightful little plates of goodies would appear....These were great as often we would not want a meal but needed a little something. Invariably there would be one or two others doing what we were doing and pleasant conversation would happen.

As a pre dinner venue we loved Michael's. Touch base with the conceirge, some nights enjoy the organised music.....

On all cruises it has been the post dinner return to Michael's that has been so special. We would not bother with coffee in the restaurants we would return to the comfortable chairs, the waiters who would predict magically just what we might like to drink with our lovely coffee...like minded cruisers would join us....very special.

At times, during the day, Michael's can be quiet but it has had a heart and spirit on each of our last three cruises. Like you, I have seen a couple of comments about Michael's being underused but that is not my experience. Can not wait until the next time!

I think there is a balance with Michaels - as ever different folks, different strokes.

We did not find the need to go in the day, partly because on Infinity there was little windows in Michaels and we were sailing in Alaska so daytime drinks with outside views were important to us.

Pre dinner was lovely as was afternoon tea.

Unfortunately post dinner was a little spoilt by a multi generation adult family from UK who were first time cruisers, introduced themselves as here to get our money's worth and were extremely loud as they experimented with cocktail mixes. The concierge was aware of the issue and tried to handle it tactfully. The family explained they got a late offer and changed from 2 verandas to 4 in a Royal and saved money and I quote "got the free bevy"

I would agree, it is a nice place for after dinner coffee and drinks, some nights it worked, other nights we just left and took our nightcaps to the verandah.

Unfortunately post dinner was a little spoilt by a multi generation adult family from UK who were first time cruisers, introduced themselves as here to get our money's worth and were extremely loud as they experimented with cocktail mixes. The concierge was aware of the issue and tried to handle it tactfully. The family explained they got a late offer and changed from 2 verandas to 4 in a Royal and saved money and I quote "got the free bevy"

Doesn't it make you so proud to be British:rolleyes:

Edited by Project_gal

Thank goodness they were not on our cruises! I am surprised they decided to drink in Michael's with the choice of livelier bars on the ship.

The nearest we saw to bad manners was a man who would come in each evening and just shout out 'Jim Beam' to the waiter. Every ounce of the retired teacher in my wanted to say 'What's the magic word?'. I don't think he was meaning to be rude, I think it was just his manner. At least he wasn't from the UK.

Hi, hope this doesn't sound like a stupid question!

Me and my DH have booked a royal suite for an up and coming cruise, I didn't even realise that you got 2 bottles of spirits [emoji2]

My DH doesn't drink, if the bottles are sealed can you take them home? I can't see myself drinking 2 full bottles to myself during the cruise!

Many thanks in advance for all your help!

Victoria x

They are yours -- you can take them home, share with friends, whatever.

If you plan to take them home, be sure to pack bubble wrap and a couple of sturdy plastic bags. Remember that if you are flying they must be in your checked luggage.

As said before, they are yours. I brought 1 home from my last cruise. This cruise we were not able to book Royal Suite, so won't be getting those perks- enjoy! If you have a Container Store near you, they sell bubble wrap in the shape of bottles with mighty sealing tape on them.

I think there is a balance with Michaels - as ever different folks, different strokes.

We did not find the need to go in the day, partly because on Infinity there was little windows in Michaels and we were sailing in Alaska so daytime drinks with outside views were important to us.

Pre dinner was lovely as was afternoon tea.

I would agree, it is a nice place for after dinner coffee and drinks, some nights it worked, other nights we just left and took our nightcaps to the verandah.

We were on the same cruise and it was our first suite and Michael's was a wonderful stopping place throughout the day. Pre / Post dinner was quite nice providing opportunities to talk with the very attentive concierge and fellow passengers.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but we spent some time with the "adult multi-generational family from Wales" and had a wonderful time. They have cruised many times before and provided great information on some of the places they visited and where they will be traveling in the future.

The concierge and captains club hostess joined the family and us on a few occasions after their regular hours for some good old fashion conversation and laughs both in Michael's and in other locations on the ship.

We were on the same cruise and it was our first suite and Michael's was a wonderful stopping place throughout the day. Pre / Post dinner was quite nice providing opportunities to talk with the very attentive concierge and fellow passengers.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but we spent some time with the "adult multi-generational family from Wales" and had a wonderful time. They have cruised many times before and provided great information on some of the places they visited and where they will be traveling in the future.

The concierge and captains club hostess joined the family and us on a few occasions after their regular hours for some good old fashion conversation and laughs both in Michael's and in other locations on the ship.

I think we are talking about a different group, yes I was aware staff on and off duty joined your group drinking - that did surprise us, not something we've seen before Michaels obviously has different rules to other ships. Not saying that's good or bad - just saying

Edited by uktog