Obc

We will be sailing on Liberty of the Seas on July 30 and we got $300 OBC from RCL and $100 from TA and also $150 from RCL credit cards. My question is where do I look online to see if I actually have it. I looked everywhere and don't s we it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a bunch of obc for my upcoming cruise and I specifically asked the customer service rep to email me a copy of my invoice showing it on there and they did. I've read a lot of posts saying there's no way to see it before you board but it have a copy of mine in my email, so i know for a fact that is not true. Just call and ask them to email you a copy of your invoice and ask them to make sure it shows the lines for on board credit.

From what I was told, their system only allows them to give obc in certain dollar increments, so in my case I have 4 lines showing different amounts of obc that equal the total I should have, even though each line does not represent the correct amount for each thing. For example, I had some obc for my booking, some obc for a price reduction (actually I did this twice) and I have obc that was given to me as a gift. That's 4 different times I got obc, but the 4 lines don't match up to each individual credit amount, but the total is correct.

Wow my photo posting sucks, sorry. That turned out really blurry. Basically I was just showing my invoice that has 4 different lines of obc for different amounts. Just call them. They'll email it to you. I'd rather go with written proof rather than trust it will just show up on the tv on day 2. Especially with $550 on the line.

Wow my photo posting sucks, sorry. That turned out really blurry. Basically I was just showing my invoice that has 4 different lines of obc for different amounts. Just call them. They'll email it to you. I'd rather go with written proof rather than trust it will just show up on the tv on day 2. Especially with $550 on the line.

If you used a TA you have to get the TA to get you the copy of the guest booking invoice.

If you used a TA you have to get the TA to get you the copy of the guest booking invoice.

Oh that's true. Well hopefully if they have a travel agent they will send it to them. It's probably easier than sitting on hold For 45 minutes with RC.

I have a bunch of obc for my upcoming cruise and I specifically asked the customer service rep to email me a copy of my invoice showing it on there and they did. I've read a lot of posts saying there's no way to see it before you board but it have a copy of mine in my email, so i know for a fact that is not true. Just call and ask them to email you a copy of your invoice and ask them to make sure it shows the lines for on board credit.

The posts that you are referring to are those that want to see OBC on-line which is not possible. The standard answer has always been to call whomever you booked with and ask for a Confirmation Invoice. OBC from Visa points will not show up until about 2-3 weeks prior to departure.

The posts that you are referring to are those that want to see OBC on-line which is not possible. The standard answer has always been to call whomever you booked with and ask for a Confirmation Invoice. OBC from Visa points will not show up until about 2-3 weeks prior to departure.

I know the ones on this thread are referring to online, but threads in general on this board often say you can't get it at all. I've noticed that only because I got mine and am always wondering why people are saying you can't get it. So I was just letting people know they can in fact call and get it. Even some people that say you can't get it online don't always seem to offer that it can be received over email.

I also have $600 in OBC from my TA and RCCL. My TA has sent me a copy of the invoice with the amounts I should receive. Yet I'm concerned about RCCL not coming through with their share when I'm on board. I haven't had any problems in the past but this is a large amount. Has anyone experienced problems with getting their OBC from RCCL after embarkation?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Forums mobile app

I also have $600 in OBC from my TA and RCCL. My TA has sent me a copy of the invoice with the amounts I should receive. Yet I'm concerned about RCCL not coming through with their share when I'm on board. I haven't had any problems in the past but this is a large amount. Has anyone experienced problems with getting their OBC from RCCL after embarkation?

So the travel agent can only give you the invoice with the travel agent's OBC but not the OBC from Royal? That seems odd. I would be nervous, but I'm sure as others have said it will show up. $600 is a lot to count on being there though so I would definitely want proof. Most ship obc is $50-$150 which isn't a huge deal, but $600 is a lot more to cross your fingers and hope is there. My obc is $1700 and I made sure to have both the invoice as well as an email from the person I worked with in resolutions to show it.

^^^ and I should add that part of the reason is because one of the lines of obc shows $1 which is because they had to override it with a specific amount ($366.50) which isn't allowed in their system because of the way they input incrementally in amounts of $25 or something like that. The guy in resolutions said it "shouldn't" be a problem as they should be able to see on the computer that it's an override, but he wouldn't trust it completely and suggested I print his email and take it with me to be sure. But that's a different story than just simple obc.

On my invoice from the TA (a well-known warehouse store, it shows $500 shipboard credit and $190 shipboard credit. Underneath that, under "Included Extras" it states, Vow to Wow promo (included in the cruise line ship board credit shown above), Next Cruise (included in the cruise line ship board credit shown above).

$500 is supposed to come from RCCL and $190 from my TA. None of this shows on my online RCCL My Cruises reservation but that's not unusual.

I hate to have to hassle with Guest Services on the ship and want to nip any potential problems before sailing. I'm confident my TA will come through with their $190 OBC but not so sure about RCCL because it is a large amount.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you so very much!

On my invoice from the TA ...

While it is good to have your TA's invoice, it will mean much more to the crew at Guest Services if you have Royal's invoice showing Royal's OBC. You can ask your TA for a copy.

On my invoice from the TA (a well-known warehouse store, it shows $500 shipboard credit and $190 shipboard credit. Underneath that, under "Included Extras" it states, Vow to Wow promo (included in the cruise line ship board credit shown above), Next Cruise (included in the cruise line ship board credit shown above).

$500 is supposed to come from RCCL and $190 from my TA. None of this shows on my online RCCL My Cruises reservation but that's not unusual.

I hate to have to hassle with Guest Services on the ship and want to nip any potential problems before sailing. I'm confident my TA will come through with their $190 OBC but not so sure about RCCL because it is a large amount.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you so very much!

As long as you have it in writing (your invoice) you'll be fine in the event that it doesn't appear on your onboard ship account. However, I have read people post that Royal has given them a hard time about things promised by travel agents, in which case they end up calling and emailing while on the ship in hopes of getting the travel agent to square things up with Royal, and sometimes that doesn't happen until the end of the cruise. If possible, I would see if you can get the same invoice but directly from Royal Caribbean. It seems like working with travel agents is such a hassle, I'm not sure why people do it. It requires going through a 3rd party for everything :/ But if I were you I would call the travel agent (or email) and ask them to call royal and get an emailed invoice directly from Royal, and then ask them to forward that to you. That way you're covered if the travel agent's credit doesn't show up, as well as if Royal's doesn't show up. If Royal has sent an invoice acknowledging both obc amounts, there will be no need to call the travel agent while on board to clear anything up.

Also make sure to bring your travel agents name, email and direct phone number in case of problems. You can give it to guest relations so they can communicate with them if needed. That's what the guy in the resolutions dept. At Royal suggested I do with his info in case they give me any hassle about the way he entered my obc.

I have a little over 15000 points accrued on my RCCL Visa which is sufficent for $150.00 credit on our up-coming October cruise.

I understand the next plateau is 25,000 point for the $250 OBC. That would take a while to attain.

Final payment is due this week......should I put it on the RCCL visa which is double points, but useless at this point or put on my airline Visa for future air credits?

Anyone? :confused:

Edited by biomedbob

I have a little over 15000 points accrued on my RCCL Visa which is sufficent for $150.00 credit on our up-coming October cruise.

I understand the next plateau is 25,000 point for the $250 OBC. That would take a while to attain.

Final payment is due this week......should I put it on the RCCL visa which is double points, but useless at this point or put on my airline Visa for future air credits?

You would get 2% back from putting the charges on your Royal Visa card. If you get more from the airline card, then I would not put the charge on your Royal Visa card.

The next plateau would be 20,000 points- You can get $150 in OBC and then $50 in OBC