Recent Diamond Princess Cruisers

ROCruiser

I have read all the reviews for the last two years and interested in getting more info about the Diamond, especially their Japan sailings. Anyone recently cruised on her? How was your experience? Honolulu Traveler had some very detailed report on their cruise last year, curious about most recent reports. We've cruised on Diamond once before but that was before the update and it was an Alaska cruise.

I plan on getting the coffee card and with no IC on Diamond, I assume the Lobby Bar is where I will get the drinks. Do they also have pastries there like the IC on Crown?

I plan on getting the coffee card and with no IC on Diamond, I assume the Lobby Bar is where I will get the drinks. Do they also have pastries there like the IC on Crown?

A very limited section of pastries on a platter.

Edited by caribill

I was on Diamond Princess just after her refit last year. Did Singapore to Tokyo and loved it. Diamond Princess has a Japanese Bath with seperate male/female areas and a pool at the back - very nice area. They also have quite a few Japanese staff who are quite lovely but sometimes have a bit of difficulty understanding you. Always worked out in the end - just change some of the words and they usually manage to understand. At least they speak better English than I speak Japanese! There are also more Japanese style dishes in the MDR that I really enjoyed trying. At the Japanese port stops we were met by a "goodwill guide" that we had arrange before the cruise. They met us at the ship and took us to the places we wanted to see. Worked out really well and would highly recommend them. Just google "goodwill guide Japan" and you should be able to find out about them. While in Tokyo after the cruise we had no trouble getting around by public transport. If we looked a bit lost, some nice Japanese person would point us in the right direction or even take us there. We even had one Japanese gent get off the train with us to take us to the right train for the airport and then go back and wait for the next train to take him home. I hope you enjoy your Japanese cruise as much as we did.

Love the noddles (ramen) in the Lido. They are made fresh there and

they are wonderful. The salads in the morning(breakfast) miso. Green

tea soft serve. It was one of the best cruises we have ever went on.

We loved the ports, and exploring another culture. I am sure that this

type of cruise would not be for everyone. The Japanese were the majority

of the pax. and we found some people were upset not to be in the majority.

The ship, the food and people were wonderful and we can't wait to go

back again next year. Also the toilets are great, had them in our hotels and

on the cruise and loved them.