Britannia in Liverpool tomorrow

top golfer

Thanks P&O SUE,

i've just seen on the Echo website and it's says 10.20pm with a mid river firework display at 10.25pm

i'm happy with that, i won't be there for the fireworks i'll get there around 7pm.

Idiots :rolleyes::mad:

Please quit with the Liverpool jokes,agree they are getting quite tired now.Britannia had a wonderful welcome in Liverpool,live band,town cryer and lots of staff from cruise liverpool on hand to help guests with tourist information.Great firework display as well,give us a break,there are a lot of people out there working hard to give tourists a friendly welcome.....

Please quit with the Liverpool jokes,agree they are getting quite tired now.Britannia had a wonderful welcome in Liverpool,live band,town cryer and lots of staff from cruise liverpool on hand to help guests with tourist information.Great firework display as well,give us a break,there are a lot of people out there working hard to give tourists a friendly welcome.....

I wouldn't expect anything else from scousers. Great city and wonderful people. I wouldn't get too upset about the outdated stereotypical insults, they are not jokes, jokes are funny.

The Liverpool authorities are bending over backwards to attract cruise ships. The welcome the 3 Queens and now the Britannia were given strengthens their arm. I hope Cunard, P&O and the rest, now sit up and look to starting cruising from Liverpool.

Lighten up! No need to get your knickers in a twist underneath your shell suit.

People like you who persist in perpetuating the tired old stereotypes probably haven't been near Liverpool for years. You should give it a go - you will find a vibrant, feel-good, welcoming city with great pubs, bars and restaurants and eclectic, independent shops. The crime rate in Liverpool is no greater than in most other large cities and the police have done great work over the past few years, in partnership with the council, to rid the city of its previous negative image.

People like me.......

Liverpool for me is my last link to my Grandfather who was one of many Italian internees killed aboard the Arandora Star which was sunk by a single torpedo on 2 July 1940.

To this day the British government has never acknowledged let alone apologised for not marking the ship clearly as a POW ship. It even had guns visibly mounted making it a legitimate target for U boats.

So I say again lighten up. I've heard all the Italian stereotype jokes too and I find then funny.

I really don't see why you should even acknowledge the adverse comments. I'm a Scot living in England and I love Liverpool and the people, Its a wonderful friendly city with 2 great football teams. What more could you ask for?

I really don't see why you should even acknowledge the adverse comments. I'm a Scot living in England and I love Liverpool and the people, Its a wonderful friendly city with 2 great football teams. What more could you ask for?

I know, I should have ignored them. Nothing achieved, plainly, by commenting.

People like you who persist in perpetuating the tired old stereotypes probably haven't been near Liverpool for years. You should give it a go - you will find a vibrant, feel-good, welcoming city with great pubs, bars and restaurants and eclectic, independent shops. The crime rate in Liverpool is no greater than in most other large cities and the police have done great work over the past few years, in partnership with the council, to rid the city of its previous negative image.

Oh please. It's a joke.

I know exactly what Liverpool is like (though there are areas of very significant deprivation). My last visit was about 8 months ago so I doubt it's changed much since then. (I do live 200 miles away) (L8R: Though I wish they'd sort out bl**dy Switch Island)

I come from Norfolk and Norwich gets exactly the same sort of stuff (mainly about farming types and Alan Partridge).

Every area has its own "joke stereotypes". The best way to deal with it is to reply with humour rather than sulks (which is odd, because I'm always told what a great sense of humour Liverpudlians have, obviously not ....).

Edited by themanwithahat

People like me.......

Liverpool for me is my last link to my Grandfather who was one of many Italian internees killed aboard the Arandora Star which was sunk by a single torpedo on 2 July 1940.

To this day the British government has never acknowledged let alone apologised for not marking the ship clearly as a POW ship. It even had guns visibly mounted making it a legitimate target for U boats.

So I say again lighten up. I've heard all the Italian stereotype jokes too and I find then funny.

Hi Esprit,

Putting aside your comments which I think a little I'll judged rather than any intent to offend. I was very interested in your comments about the Arandora Star. So I looked it up, very interesting. Not only was it not marked, but re-painted battleship grey, unforgivable. I found an interesting video on YouTube, from a man paying tribute the grandfather he lost on the ship. I was wondering if it was you.

Oh please. It's a joke.

I know exactly what Liverpool is like (though there are areas of very significant deprivation). My last visit was about 8 months ago so I doubt it's changed much since then. (I do live 200 miles away) (L8R: Though I wish they'd sort out bl**dy Switch Island)

I come from Norfolk and Norwich gets exactly the same sort of stuff (mainly about farming types and Alan Partridge).

Every area has its own "joke stereotypes". The best way to deal with it is to reply with humour rather than sulks (which is odd, because I'm always told what a great sense of humour Liverpudlians have, obviously not ....).

I know it's a joke, but when said joke reinforces negative stereotypes that have no relation at all to the modern image of the city then it gets more than a trifle wearing. I'm not actually a Liverpudlian but I am from Merseyside and I am fiercely proud of my county's 'capital city'.

I can see from your replies to people on other threads that you seem to be a very helpful, witty fellow so apologies if I was a tad over-sensitive. I hope you can understand why.

Cheers.