The Suite Life

angelmom1

Since this thread is old there has been a change. With the raising of the DSC to $14.95 PP Per day the Butler is now included in that tipping pool.

We did not use the butler, low maintenance people. There is enough food on the ship that who needs more delivered to your cabin as snack every day. Maybe if you have children it's a fun thing to have but for us retirees we need no more food.

This retiree is addicted to the room service turkey sandwich and everyday I called the butler and had one delivered. I loved enjoying it on the balcony along with a glass of wine. Ahhh turkey sandwich, wine, and watching the wake :D

Edited by Linda the Book Lover

You are incorrect because I checked with NCL. But you also think you know everything and every policy without verifying your source, which I did.

No again you are incorrect, read post 47 & 49. You have already made your point very clear, you never use the butler, remove the DSC and tip everyone that serves you in cash. We really know the truth, you scurry out at 6:30am on disembarkation day[emoji57]

You are incorrect because I checked with NCL. But you also think you know everything and every policy without verifying your source, which I did.

I still say you are incorrect, but you believe you are correct and I believe I'm correct. We'll have to agree to disagree.

But.... that's the first of many of your problems. You checked with NCL.

Check with them again and they'll give you another answer.

May I ask who you checked with at NCL? Did you call reservations and ask? Did you call someone at the main office in Florida and ask. Did you ask someone onboard the ship?

I'd like to know who you checked with?

Thanks!

Harriet

Edited by hpecorari

They haven't updated their cruise information on the web site. The new rate of $15.50 which is ridiculous includes the butler, just ask when you're on board and you'll find out it is.

So... You believe the difference of $2 per day is adequate for the butler's tip? Seriously?

Hey All -

If you look at this link here from NCLs own website you will see that Norwegian states outright that the butler and concierge are NOT included in the DSC.

http://answers.ncl.com/answers/4066/category/JADE/norwegian-jade-questions-answers/questions.htm?expandquestion=2361346

This answer was posted August 20th 2015. So if you have something more concrete and recent than the last 5 weeks that states about the butler and concierge tips being included in the DSC I'd love to see it.

I think anything else is just speculation.

-Sean

Hey All -

If you look at this link here from NCLs own website you will see that Norwegian states outright that the butler and concierge are NOT included in the DSC.

http://answers.ncl.com/answers/4066/category/JADE/norwegian-jade-questions-answers/questions.htm?expandquestion=2361346

This answer was posted August 20th 2015. So if you have something more concrete and recent than the last 5 weeks that states about the butler and concierge tips being included in the DSC I'd love to see it.

I think anything else is just speculation.

-Sean

Thank you. It's never been included. People read what they read the way they want to read it. I don't know how more specific one can be nor how much more proof one needs. It's also on the NCL Website but 'some' believe it just hasn't been updated. Yours is the most recent at 5 weeks. Again, thanks for posting.

Harriet

So... You believe the difference of $2 per day is adequate for the butler's tip? Seriously?

I guess for some....who leave nothing.....they think a tip of $14.00 for a 7 day cruise is a lot.

Sometimes ya just have to sit there and shake your head. :(

Harriet

No, I don't think I know everything. Some things I DO know, and this is one of them. Butler and concierge are not covered by the DSC.

Harriet

No, I don't think I know everything. Some things I DO know, and this is one of them. Butler and concierge are not covered by the DSC.

Harriet

I agree. There was about a day of confusion when the DSC went up and NCL quickly clarified it. The extra $2 is the adjustment for the steward. A 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite with a balcony takes longer to clean than an inside.

OK, let's all play nice.

We just all want to help each other , when we can. Each of us has had different experiences and can bring that to the table during a discussion.:)

I agree. However, this is a 'right' answer and a 'wrong' answer. We, the passengers should know the correct answer.

Giving wrong information isn't 'helping each other'.

Talking about one's likes and dislikes about a cabin, a restaurant, an excursion, etc. is discussing one's experiences.

Other things are just fact. If I'm standing in the middle of the street and it's raining and someone else is standing right next to me and says it's not raining.....well, one of us is wrong. That's fact.

Harriet

Hi - I just came off of a cruise to the Caribbean and had this very discussion with the Hotel Director- a very kind man and he said to me that all the service charges are shared among those crew members including the resturant staff, stateroom stewards and other behind the scenes staff who provide services to enhance the overall cruise experience. However, ( and he emphasized HOWEVER) gratuity for the Conceirge and Butler service would be seperate. And we chose to tip our Butler 150.00 as we had a large family and he did an amazing job his name was Randy. And we tipped our concierge John 200.00 for the week again, our family was large and he and his assistant really went above and beyond for us. That was our experience.