Covered pool area

shumdit1

That's were I like to sit and read - on the deck above the pool. It's still covered and overlooks the pool and, for some reason, nobody seems to want to use that area. I guess they want to be next to the pool. Whatever the reason it makes it a great place to sleaze out and read and maybe fall asleep for a while. :)

That's were I like to sit and read - on the deck above the pool. It's still covered and overlooks the pool and, for some reason, nobody seems to want to use that area. I guess they want to be next to the pool. Whatever the reason it makes it a great place to sleaze out and read and maybe fall asleep for a while. :)

Note to self: Avoid deck above indoor pool if ever aboard ship with Thrak.

That's were I like to sit and read - on the deck above the pool. It's still covered and overlooks the pool and, for some reason, nobody seems to want to use that area.
That's normally been the case on my cruises as well. It's one of our go to places to get away from the crowds. But on our last Hawaiian cruise on the Star the Conservatory was packed full every sea day. Our secret is getting out!

Note to self: Avoid deck above indoor pool if ever aboard ship with Thrak.

LOL! Hahaha! Exactly what I was thinking! :D

Oh, you are cruel! When I "sleaze out" I simply relax in a lounger. Heck, I don't even take off my shirt in public. (For men, large breasts aren't a good thing...) Of course I guess I might snore. :eek: On second thought, my wife would come along and snoring would not be an option.

Then again, perhaps I am the reason there always seems to be room there. Sigh...

Edited by Thrak

Do they ever open the roof on warm weather cruises... ie - Hawaii?
The only time I've ever seen it open was when we boarded the Star Princess in San Pedro. It was open until we left that afternoon, but closed for the rest of the Hawaii cruise:

13826860405_574e19e047_z.jpg

13826868885_1a40d28d97_z.jpg

Edited by Jasperdo

The only time I've ever seen it open was when we boarded the Star Princess in San Pedro. It was open until we left that afternoon, but closed for the rest of the Hawaii cruise:

13826860405_574e19e047_z.jpg

13826868885_1a40d28d97_z.jpg

Wow! I have never seen one of them open! Great PICs as usual! You even got a blimp in the second picture it looks like! I was beginning to wonder of they really could open them! LOL!

Happy Cruising!

Mark

Edited by cruisehappy001

Thanks Jasperdo!! Great photos btw. Too bad they don't open the roof more often since it can often feel like a sauna in there.

Too true. There have been a few times that I decided not to read there because of the sauna effect. I guess one can't have everything.

I seem to remember the roof was retracted on our Hawaiian cruise back in 2005/06 on the Island. The pools were closed for a couple of days on the way to the islands due to rough seas, but after that the seas calmed down and the weather remained warm closer to Hawaii and even back on our way to the wet coast even though it was winter (it was in the 80s in Ensenada and in LA...even saw snow in the mountains on our drive home because of a rainstorm that happened on January 1).

I don't remember on our first Princess cruise back in 2003 how the roof was...it was mid-February for a MR cruise, so maybe it was open.