Mast Grill

cruisin4kicks

Around 4 years ago, we did our 1st Celebrity cruise on the Eclipse. Enjoyed everything about that class of ship and the ship itself. One of the things I liked the most was that the Mast Grill had among other things, corn dogs & bratwurst. I'm a simple man with simple tastes.

We're going to be doing the Solstice next April. I was wondering if any of you recent Solstice cruisers could tell me if the Mast Grill still has corn dogs and/or bratwurst. I don't think we'll cancel the cruise if they don't but it really was a nice treat on the Eclipse. Thanks.

Tim

The Mast Grill has to be one of my favorite "guilty pleasures" on Celebrity. And, although I know that things can vary from ship to ship -- I don't ever recall seeing brats or corn-dogs on any X ship. They do have hamburger variations: cheese & veggie burgers -- with all of the toppings (including bacon and grilled onions). As I recall, their hot-dogs are quite good -- but they are just regular 'dogs' -- not Brats or Polish sausage. :cool:

Around 4 years ago, we did our 1st Celebrity cruise on the Eclipse. Enjoyed everything about that class of ship and the ship itself. One of the things I liked the most was that the Mast Grill had among other things, corn dogs & bratwurst. I'm a simple man with simple tastes.

We're going to be doing the Solstice next April. I was wondering if any of you recent Solstice cruisers could tell me if the Mast Grill still has corn dogs and/or bratwurst. I don't think we'll cancel the cruise if they don't but it really was a nice treat on the Eclipse. Thanks.

Tim

Tim,

You sure you aren't confusing Eclipse with Oasis or Allure? I know they had brats on Allure. I believe I saw you had 50 some Royal cruises.

Last summer on the Summit the Mast Grill was serving baskets of fried chicken and waffles alongside the hot dogs and hamburgers. I believe they have since done away with it which is a shame since that fried chicken with fresh waffles was one of the best items on the ship.

The Mast Grill has to be one of my favorite "guilty pleasures" on Celebrity. And, although I know that things can vary from ship to ship -- I don't ever recall seeing brats or corn-dogs on any X ship. They do have hamburger variations: cheese & veggie burgers -- with all of the toppings (including bacon and grilled onions). As I recall, their hot-dogs are quite good -- but they are just regular 'dogs' -- not Brats or Polish sausage. :cool:

Love visiting Mast Grill on embarkation day rather than crowding into the buffet!

Tim,

You sure you aren't confusing Eclipse with Oasis or Allure? I know they had brats on Allure. I believe I saw you had 50 some Royal cruises.

I believe you are correct. The Mariner of the Seas had those types of foods along with onion rings. I have not seen them on our Celebrity trips.

The burgers taste real good but not sure if they are good for you. Especially when you get fries and soft serve ice cream on the side. What the heck, you are on vacation.

Tim,

Positive. As you can see by my signature we cruise Royal a lot. This was our first Celebrity Cruise and I immediately noticed the corn dogs & bratwurst and thought that was a nice change. Oasis does have pretzel dogs but haven't seen corn dogs onboard.

From all of your replies, looks like Solstice isn't offering that at the present time. I'll just have to deal with it. Thanks everyone for your replies.

Tim

I've never seen corn dogs on any Celebrity ship, and only seen brats at the buffet. The hot dogs at the Mast Grill are excellent.

A few years ago, they had more options at the Mast Grill than just the hot dogs and burgers. I remember seeing brats and chicken wings but they went away at the same time as some other cost cutting measures. I think they used to have the hot dogs, burgers and one other "specialty" items each day. Don't remember corn dogs.

A few years ago, they had more options at the Mast Grill than just the hot dogs and burgers. I remember seeing brats and chicken wings but they went away at the same time as some other cost cutting measures. I think they used to have the hot dogs, burgers and one other "specialty" items each day. Don't remember corn dogs.

Yes, you used to get chili nachos a few years back. Now they're in the buffet area.

They also used to have a big bowl of guacamole at Mast Grill. It's still available, but at the buffet.

I like to get my burger sans bun and then top it with guacamole.

I seem to recall a time when there was one other item on the grill besides burgers and hot dogs. Not being a hot dog/brat/sauerkraut person I don't remember those. But could have been.

They also used to have a big bowl of guacamole at Mast Grill. It's still available, but at the buffet.

I like to get my burger sans bun and then top it with guacamole.

What a great idea! I guess you'd get the guacamole first?

You guys are making me really hungry! :p

We are just off Eclipse. Only burgers and hotdogs on offer. Plus Turkey Burgers or Veggie Burgers to order. On our cold weather cruise the Mast Grill offerings appeared in the Oceanview instead. It replaced all of the nachos/tachos offerings but I mentioned it to the lovely buffet manager and from then on the mexican offerings sat alongside the burgers/hot dogs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I too remember brats, corn dogs and onion rings at the Mast grill on Eclipse. This was about 5 years ago. Was looking forward to a brat this last February on Eclipse but they were nowhere to be found. Not a big deal as there is plenty of good things to eat but I know they did have them in the past.

Love visiting Mast Grill on embarkation day rather than crowding into the buffet!

We did that exact thing last year when we did a Pacific Coastal on Century! If there is a Bistro on Five, that's where we head, otherwise it's the Mast Grill. HATE the buffet on embarkation day....

The turkey burgers were good the only problem is you have to wait about 20 minutes because they have to defrost them to be able to cook them.

J.

In the morning, I saw them wheel in the boxes of frozen hamburger patties and frozen hot dogs. Then after the burgers are cooked, they are put in a pan of water to remain moist. Yum...:rolleyes: