Anthem - Breakfast and Lunch

Hi all... we just got off Liberty and are considering booking Anthem for June 2015. I am concerned though because I am reading such negative reviews of the service and food on this ship. Both are important to our group. Not so interested in robots, technology and skydiving, etc

I understand they now have classic dynamic dining which while is not the traditional mdr experience is better than just anytime dining which I would not enjoy. I am trying to wrap my head around the idea of rotating restaurants.

My question is... what do they do for breakfast and lunch?? We normally eat both in the MDR on our cruises and I am not sure how they handle this on Anthem. Where do you go for these meals?

Also... we enjoy Portofino and was wondering what the equivalent to this would be on Anthem? I read about Jamie's Italian and that does not appeal to me. Looks more like a diner than an elegant restaurant to me.

Thanks for your help. Not sure I like the direction RC is taking with the new ships and may just start to look at other cruise lines again.

Brooklyn~~

One or more of the main dining rooms will be open for breakfast, as usual....lunch is usually only served in the DR on sea days....

If the "dynamic" cruising experience isn't your cup of tea, stick with the other RCI ships...they aren't switching to the DD thing yet!!

Hi all... we just got off Liberty and are considering booking Anthem for June 2015. I am concerned though because I am reading such negative reviews of the service and food on this ship. Both are important to our group. Not so interested in robots, technology and skydiving, etc

I understand they now have classic dynamic dining which while is not the traditional mdr experience is better than just anytime dining which I would not enjoy. I am trying to wrap my head around the idea of rotating restaurants.

My question is... what do they do for breakfast and lunch?? We normally eat both in the MDR on our cruises and I am not sure how they handle this on Anthem. Where do you go for these meals?

Also... we enjoy Portofino and was wondering what the equivalent to this would be on Anthem? I read about Jamie's Italian and that does not appeal to me. Looks more like a diner than an elegant restaurant to me.

Thanks for your help. Not sure I like the direction RC is taking with the new ships and may just start to look at other cruise lines again.

Brooklyn~~

We did the 12 night Anthem cruise last month, and have to say that that the food onboard was the best we have ever had. Service was also excellent as usual. Apart from the complimentary restaurants we also dined at Chops, Jamie's, Coastal Kitchen and Wonderland and they were all wonderful.

Thanks all. We sre not interested in any buffet eating. We want full service breakfast and lunch in a while table cloth venue like exists now on Freedom class ships. Any suggestions?

American Icon serves the typical dining room breakfast.

And that is what you can get in American Icon. If you are in a suite or are Pinnacle, you can get a served breakfast in Coastal Kitchen. - lunch too

And to my understanding also from Silk on Anthem. It is also open for breakfast.

Here is a list of dining options from my recent Anthem cruise:

aos3.jpg

Thanks a lot for this. Wow so many options. Would you know if the breakfast and lunch offerings in Silk and American Icon are the same or do they have different menus. Also Ive read that American Icon has a buffet selection as well as the breakfast menu, does Silk have the same?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quite simple, there are only 2 ships out of 23 that have Dynamic Dining. If this isn't your cup of tea, then book on a different ship. You have the choice. Also you have all the other cruise companies to choice from.

Don't book Anthem/Quantum and then just moan that it isn't how you wanted/expected it to be.

Quite simple. I'm limited right now to cruising during summer months and leaving from a drivable port. Don't have a lot of choices since I don't live in Florida. And how long before dynamic dining goes to other ships? I wish they just left liberty of the sea at my port.

Thanks for the advice