Royal Caribbean Ditches Dynamic Dining for Non-Quantum Class Cruise Ships

So, how are they going to handle this when Harmony of the Seas rolls out? Looking at her deckplans, she has three restaurants - meant to be DD venues - where the MDR is on other Oasis class ships. Are these going to be 3 small MDR venues?

So, how are they going to handle this when Harmony of the Seas rolls out? Looking at her deckplans, she has three restaurants - meant to be DD venues - where the MDR is on other Oasis class ships. Are these going to be 3 small MDR venues?

Actually the 3 venues on Harmony are exactly like the 3 venues on the Oasis and Allure that were changed over during the dry dock. The 3 story atrium in the center is on all three ships, so the only difference compared to a regular MDR is that each floor will have a different theme, and possibly a different name, depending on whether they leave the DD names or have the same name for all 3 floors.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Actually the 3 venues on Harmony are exactly like the 3 venues on the Oasis and Allure that were changed over during the dry dock. The 3 story atrium in the center is on all three ships, so the only difference compared to a regular MDR is that each floor will have a different theme, and possibly a different name, depending on whether they leave the DD names or have the same name for all 3 floors.

So, the 3 venues on HOS are conjoined via an atrium? If this is so, I was not aware of this. It will make things much easier to make all 3 floors into a MDR.

So, in my humble opinion, we are looking at Harmony sporting a traditional, 3 floor MDR with 2 "traditional" seatings?

The design of the Harmony differs little from the Oasis and Allure and the dining venues are the same. I have a feeling RCI already ordered all of the fit out for the Harmony to match Oasis and Allure, so it also will have the 3 themed venues. One can say that RCI is simply implementing DD Classic without the rotation (of people, but rotating menus) for its Oasis class ships. :p

I like the cut of your jib. However, I do still enjoy formal night because it makes Laura happy. Besides, I look good in a tux. That's why DD would have worked for both of us.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Glad you enjoy formal nights. Once upon a time, I did too. Thought dressing up was really cool. Many, many, years later, it just doesn't excite me any more. That was one of the reasons I liked DD. Those who wanted to do a formal experience had their own special place where they could go.

Thanks for the compliment. Perhaps we'll cruise together sometime.

Cruising out of PC will greatly increase the chance of that happening

BTW, what's with the Rocket Man moniker?

Edited by John&LaLa

Cruising out of PC will greatly increase the chance of that happening

BTW, what's with the Rocket Man moniker?

Spent my years making rockets and missiles.

I suspect we'll be booking Oasis in Fall 17. Several hours less driving than FLL. We're booked up prior to then.

Spent my years making rockets and missiles.

I suspect we'll be booking Oasis in Fall 17. Several hours less driving than FLL. We're booked up prior to then.

We used to live in Huntsville area, lots of rockets. Now we live where they launch. We will probably start booking Oasis in the fall of 17 as well for same reason.

Didn't think I'd ever have a question about DD, especially with it no longer being on our Harmony sailing next year, but, having read the news on the website, it doesn't state what happens when your dining option says "dynamic" on your invoice? I don't remember our TA selecting Classic or any other option, so I'm a bit confused? Thanks!

We used to live in Huntsville area, lots of rockets. Now we live where they launch. We will probably start booking Oasis in the fall of 17 as well for same reason.

I worked at RSA for 40+ years. HSV is a wonderful town. We live a few blocks from Grissom High. We'll have to stay in touch. Added you to my contacts list.

I worked at RSA for 40+ years. HSV is a wonderful town. We live a few blocks from Grissom High. We'll have to stay in touch. Added you to my contacts list.

We were in Madison 4 years. Laura works for GAO and they have an office in HSV. See you around

Didn't think I'd ever have a question about DD, especially with it no longer being on our Harmony sailing next year, but, having read the news on the website, it doesn't state what happens when your dining option says "dynamic" on your invoice? I don't remember our TA selecting Classic or any other option, so I'm a bit confused? Thanks!

Your dining reservation will automatically be assigned to either early or late seating. You should discuss your preferences with your TA and have them make the adjustment.

Your dining reservation will automatically be assigned to either early or late seating. You should discuss your preferences with your TA and have them make the adjustment.

Thank you for your help, got in touch with my TA this morning, who got on the case immediately :)

And if you have Dynamic Choice you will be automatically put into My Time Dining.

Just got of the phone after talking with several RCCL Reps and I was told they decided to go back to Dynamic Dining for Oasis Class Ships. :confused:

Hopefully our dinner reservations will be OK?

Must be April 1.

Just got an email from our TA. She seems to think this step back from DD is but a formality until RCCL gets their stuff together and by the time we sail Harmony's 1st TA in October 2016 DD will be firmly in place.

Anybody else hear this from their TA?

Robert

Just got an email from our TA. She seems to think this step back from DD is but a formality until RCCL gets their stuff together and by the time we sail Harmony's 1st TA in October 2016 DD will be firmly in place.

Robert

I'm going to disagree with you on this one. I don't think Royal would have used the word "cancelled", which implies "permanent, if this was only going to be temporary. If they were still planning on putting it on Harmony, I think they would have continued to use the word "postponed".

Whenever there's a change, it takes some time for the info to trickle down to all the folks.

Like I mentioned in a previous post, RCI could really muddy the waters and call what is traditional dining, DD Classic on Oasis class ships. You could have DD Classic in name, but the reality is that you get traditional dining in execution.:eek:

Robert

I still think your TA has old information.

Here is the latest info release from Royal:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Oasis/15045183_OA_Class_Dining_Update_FAQ.pdf