Celebrity Cruises

Ladytee47

Hello, I have a quick question and I hope this does not offend anyone, but I have been reading a lot of review of the Celebrity cruise line and watching a lot of videos that different people have posted on u-tube, but my question is are there any Black Afro American people on these ships? I see every nationality but that one. I really don't care but I was just curious. My husband and I will be cruising the Celebrity Solstice next year.

Thanks Lady Tee

are there any Black Afro American people on these ships?

What about White Afro Americans? Or Black Canadians?

On a serious note, I've seen people of all colors and nationalities on every cruise I've been on.

Lady T, as proud Black African Americans my wife and I just completed our first cruise every on Celebrity and had an amazing experience from our butler to our fitness instructor and the amazing staff!

When we boarded because we were in a suite we were expedited and felt extremely special. While I admit there were not an abundance of people of color on the ship it did not detract from our experience. That said there were a few comments that should have been left inside there months but that did not deter us from having a grand time and meeting new people who have become friends.

So to answer your question, not so much on our cruise but it's not a problem for us. We enjoyed our time so much we've booked another Celebrity cruise in January 2016 and we've inviting family as well. At the end of the day we go where we want and do everything we can. The ones that choose not to cruise.... Well that's for them to discuss! We love it and were coming back and maybe we'll make a YouTube video[emoji41]

I had a high school biology teacher who used to say 'All generalizations are false, including this one'. That said, I have been on a few cruises to near and far places, and I have seen the most people of color on Caribbean and Bahamas cruises. I refuse to speculate why. EM

Hello, I have a quick question and I hope this does not offend anyone, but I have been reading a lot of review of the Celebrity cruise line and watching a lot of videos that different people have posted on u-tube, but my question is are there any Black Afro American people on these ships? I see every nationality but that one. I really don't care but I was just curious. My husband and I will be cruising the Celebrity Solstice next year.

Thanks Lady Tee

Let me put the view of an non-American "outsider": Yes, we have seen Black Afro American people on most of our cruises over recent years but in a far smaller proportion of white Americans than we see if we visit normal tourist areas in the USA. [Again, not wishing to often anyone] they appear to travel in small groups more frequently than other Americans which would indicate to me that they are not as comfortable cruising. Having said that, so far, we have only done one 14-night and one 5-night Caribbean cruise - our other cruises have been repositioning or more "exotic" cruises that tend to attract more "experienced "cruisers.

OP, I completely understand the question my family is booked on our first Celebrity cruise for Thanksgiving this year.Watching videos online, and looking at photos you would think there are no African-Americans on these ships. Having sailed other lines like Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Norwegian I feel like there are going to be way less of us on our Celebrity sailing than any other ship we have been on.

I won't attempt to specualte why that is, but I now that wherever my Family and I travel we bring the fun so I am not worried. I say try something new if you love it you might be able to convince some family and friends to join you next time and help increase the numbers.

There are literally people of every color and nationality on Celebrity, so I don't even notice skin color. The crew is a different nationality, generally. I think only in America do we make these distinctions. I now have cruise friends from all over the world.

Yes, I agree, I also have lots of friends from everywhere. I just thought it was strange that from all the Alasaka videos on the Celebrity Sostice and I did not see a mixer. I love cruising and meeting different people and on our last cruise my DH and I meet a couple that was not of the same ethnic background and we hit it off so well where we are going to visit them next month. Our two husbands were like two peas and a pod:D:D LOL!!

I am glad I asked this questions, bc I know someone else might have wanted to ask the samething. I am so excited for our cruise to Alaska I just can't wait!!:D

Thanks for all of your comments

Ladytee