Formal Attire - Perhaps a Twist on the Usual Question

Nezmo

It seems most of the questions about formal dress are about whether you can get away with less than formal in this venue or that. My question is different. If I chose to wear formal wear in the upcharge restaurants like Sabatini's and Crown Grill, and even the MDR every night would I look badly out of place? I work mostly form home and spend 90% of the year in very casual clothes and I look forward to opportunities to dress up when available. I am sure one or two nights will be casual for us but for the most part I'd like to be formal.

By formal I mean suit and tie or at least sports coat and dress shirt with or without tie.

My first Princess cruise (10 day Caribbean) is coming up so I'm not sure exactly what to expect.

Many thanks

My husband wears a jacket to dinner every night in the main dining room...I usually wear a skirt, dress or nice pant suit...formal nights are tux or suit and tie and gown or nice cocktail wear as per the requested dress code. We enjoy dressing up for what we consider to be a formal dinner in the MDR every night.

It seems most of the questions about formal dress are about whether you can get away with less than formal in this venue or that. My question is different. If I chose to wear formal wear in the upcharge restaurants like Sabatini's and Crown Grill, and even the MDR every night would I look badly out of place? I work mostly form home and spend 90% of the year in very casual clothes and I look forward to opportunities to dress up when available. I am sure one or two nights will be casual for us but for the most part I'd like to be formal.

By formal I mean suit and tie or at least sports coat and dress shirt with or without tie.

My first Princess cruise (10 day Caribbean) is coming up so I'm not sure exactly what to expect.

Many thanks

You'll be fine and not the least out of place.

We have some friends who always "dress" for dinner even when they go to the buffet. :)LuLu

Men look great in suits and tuxes anywhere, any place and anytime!

However, if you are going on a warm weather cruise be prepared for a much more laid back less formal crowd.

My DH still wears his tux and we recently packed all our clothes formal included, into 2 carry-ons for a 7 day cruise.

Enjoy L:)ri

You'll be fine and not the least out of place.

We have some friends who always "dress" for dinner even when they go to the buffet. :)LuLu

We're the same. But it's more about complimenting each other than about the other diners

No you will not look out place. Even on non formal nights you see other who will be wearing sport coats and suits. Dress up and enjoy.......

Island Princess 2008 Alaska, Island Princess 2009 (B2B) Alaska, Royal Princess (Old) 2010 Alaska, Golden Princess 2011 Alaska, Coral Princess 2012 Panama Canal, Star Princess 2012 Alaska, Island Princess 2013 Alaska, Crown Princess 2013 Western Caribbean, Caribbean Princess 2013 Western Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 Eastern Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 New England, Emerald Princess 2014 Western Caribbean, Ruby Princess 2015 Alaska

No, you would not be out of place, My last cruise was the only time that I did not wear a tie to dinner every night.

My son is going on a cruise with us next March. He is the same way. He works as a chemical manager at a CO OP in Nebraska and they never get a chance to dress up. He and his wife a considering going retro and looking for a tux or dinner jacket from the 70"s. They are big disco fans.

Your son might be interested in the eBay vintage tuxedo page: http://www.ebay.com/sch/Mens-Clothin...+tuxedo&_frs=1

Thank you again to all that have replied.

We're very excited. It's been a while since we cruised and this will be our honeymoon. I searched high and low for the right itinerary and found what I believe to be the perfect one on Princess. Reading in here has only served to assure me we made a good choice.

We're very excited. It's been a while since we cruised and this will be our honeymoon. I searched high and low for the right itinerary and found what I believe to be the perfect one on Princess. Reading in here has only served to assure me we made a good choice.

Bon Voyage!!

Enjoy your honeymoon and the cruise.:D