Skyride to Paradise Point - getting there from the ship?

unseemlygamer

Hello again.

You probably may have seen my recent post regarding whether to go to port in Nassau or stay onboard.

This time, I have some questions regarding an excursion in St. Thomas.

That particular excursion is the Skyride to Paradise Point, which my mother and I are planning to do. I've heard that the tramway is a very short walk from the Havensight Pier, but the ship I'm going on always docks in Crown Bay, and thanks to Google Maps, I see that the tramway is a 15 to 20 minute ride from Crown Bay.

The ship arrives in St. Thomas at 10am, in which case the gangway opens at 10:15am, and the excursion departs at 10:30am, but the duration of the excursion is for the passenger's desire.

When the ship is docked in Crown Bay, does this excursion pick you up from the pier, or are you responsible for getting a taxi to catch the excursion on time? I know that excursions always pick you up, but I'm not exactly sure how this particular excursion works.

No, I'm not worried about crime or anything, since St. Thomas is very safe. I kindly ask that you please refrain from telling me to stay onboard, because in St. Thomas, we always get off the ship, and we especially look forward to our traditional stop at Coconuts Bar and Grill. :D

Calling it an excursion is really confusing me. The skyride takes you up to Paradise Point. When you get there you will have a great view. There are a few shops and a bar but that is about it. When you want you will come back down and be near Havensight and town.

So if they aren't going to pick you up at the boat there really is nothing for them to do. It sounds like you would take a taxi back when you want.

Mike: I'm with Bill on this one. Are you saying they are selling an excursion that just goes to Paradise Point? That is very easy to arrange on your own. Do whatever you want in the morning and have the taxi drop you off in Havensight for the tram ride. When you get done, just get a taxi back to Crown Bay.

Mike: I'm with Bill on this one. Are you saying they are selling an excursion that just goes to Paradise Point? That is very easy to arrange on your own. Do whatever you want in the morning and have the taxi drop you off in Havensight for the tram ride. When you get done, just get a taxi back to Crown Bay.

Well, it's cheaper to go to Paradise Point through the excursion rather than purchase tickets at the tramway itself. And no, Paradise Point isn't the only thing we're doing. We plan to do it first, and from there, we plan to do Magen's Bay, Coconuts Bar and Grill, and then back to the ship.

Well, it's cheaper to go to Paradise Point through the excursion rather than purchase tickets at the tramway itself. And no, Paradise Point isn't the only thing we're doing. We plan to do it first, and from there, we plan to do Magen's Bay, Coconuts Bar and Grill, and then back to the ship.

You're all set.

Paradise Point is a great spot to relax at with the view after a beach or other excursion but you can go early.

You can also usually buy refundable tram tickets a little cheaper at your excursions desk if you go there early.

Love Coconuts!

Edited by blue_water

Paradise Point is a great spot to relax at with the view after a beach or other excursion but you can go early.

You can also usually buy refundable tram tickets a little cheaper at your excursions desk if you go there early.

Love Coconuts!

Coconuts is always a tradition for us!

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know if RCCL excursion provides the transportation to get to Skyride? We're on Oasis, and others have mentioned taxi to get there...about how long is the taxi ride? Thanks!

According to Google Maps, a ride from Crown Bay to Havensight would take between 15 and 20 minutes. I don't know if the cruise line provides the transportation - that's why I posted this whole thread.

Edited by unseemlygamer

• 2 months later...

Digging up an old thread here...

We'd like to do this if time allows after visting Coral World. I don't plan on buying the "excursion" through the ship and just walk up to buy tram passes. Does anyone know if they accept credit cards, or is it cash only? I know many times cash in king in the islands.

Edited by Winston Wolf