Ken Byrne will be Maitre d’ on Vista!

Troller's

We heard last week on the Pride that Ken Byrne will be the Maitre d' on the Vista. Apparently he has a large following of dining room staff that will be following him over. It seemed like old news to them. Has any one else heard this rumor?

• 5 weeks later...
I apologize in advance if this is a really stupid question but...what makes a maitre'd "great"? Maybe I don't understand exactly what sets a maitre'd on a Carnival ship apart from a maitre'd at my local restaurant.

No apologies needed, good question. Ken is the senior maitre'd for Carnival. Very experienced and excellent at his job. He is a true personality and is known as the singing maitre'd and can frequently be seen seen around the ship, sometimes singing (as a guest spot sort of thing) with some of the bands.

:)

Just heard that Maitr'e De Ken Byrne will be sailing on the new Carnival Vista. That's great news . I wonder will John Heald also be on it too.?

Looking to cruise

kruise runner:cool:

John Heald has posted on his FB page that he will be on the 1st three sailings on the Vista. Also the TA. He may be on other sailings but I cannot confirm seeing other dates. So you will see him around the ship on those cruises.

He is however not the CD. Matt Mitcham is the CD and Ryan Mc Quarrie is the ED. John will be helping out.

Mississauga will you guys be on the T/A? Hope we can get the old group together for this one!:):)

Yes, I think there is someone from every cruise we have been on who are on the TA. I think there will be more familiar faces than new ones. :D. Lots of reunions.

John Heald has posted on his FB page that he will be on the 1st three sailings on the Vista. Also the TA. He may be on other sailings but I cannot confirm seeing other dates. So you will see him around the ship on those cruises.

He is however not the CD. Matt Mitcham is the CD and Ryan Mc Quarrie is the ED. John will be helping out.

In addition to the 4 sailings you mentioned, John has also confirmed he will be on the final Mediterranean sailing, the Journeys sailing out of NYC and the repo sailing to Miami.

• 1 month later...
We heard last week on the Pride that Ken Byrne will be the Maitre d' on the Vista. Apparently he has a large following of dining room staff that will be following him over. It seemed like old news to them. Has any one else heard this rumor?

No, but I'm hoping it is true. I've sailed several crossings with Ken and John and they've been the best cruises I've ever been on. If anyone hears that it's factual let us know

• 4 months later...

We are sailing Vista March 2017. Is Mayt suppose to still be the CD? We just missed him on the Breeze.

This is what Matt's schedule is on the Vista as far as I know

May 1- Aug 2016, returning Oct 11 2016

How long his contract is I do not know. Normally their contracts are about about 6 months. If that is the case, you may be lucky and have him this time. :)

• 8 months later...

Ken is on The Vista in the Reflections dining room (Set times).

He did a show in the theatre a couple of nights ago and it was fabulous. To many of us it was one of the highlights of the cruise.

Also Matt is the CD and has some great supporting staff including Cookie Nono and Mark Q. The morning show every morning at 10.am is a riot.

lol - it must have been him on our first AK cruise. At dinner then it turns into some really cheesy vegas lounge act....

I agree. On the Pride I asked the waiter for cheese with my slice of apple pie and he brought Ken to the table :) For those saying Ken aspires to be a professional singer that ship has sailed, so to say. None of us is getting younger. To Ken's fans: everyone here on Cruise Critic is entitled to express their opinions and I apologize in advance to any fans whose feelings may be set on edge by my opinion.

I agree. On the Pride I asked the waiter for cheese with my slice of apple pie and he brought Ken to the table :) For those saying Ken aspires to be a professional singer that ship has sailed, so to say. None of us is getting younger. To Ken's fans: everyone here on Cruise Critic is entitled to express their opinions and I apologize in advance to any fans whose feelings may be set on edge by my opinion.

If you keep going with the cheese line maybe it will get funny...... Or not.

Sent from my iPhone