Port cañaveral cell phone coverage while in U.S. Water

mcatmcat

Hello

Assuming the first port of call is Cozumel or Haiti will I have cell phone coverage while she ship heads south passing by Miami or will the ship be far away from land?

Thanks everyone

Hello

Assuming the first port of call is Cozumel or Haiti will I have cell phone coverage while she ship heads south passing by Miami or will the ship be far away from land?

Thanks everyone

Our experience is that you will be too far from land, and that the ship will have turned on the Cellular at Sea service.

ENSURE you know what "cellular at sea" means, what it costs, and how to tell when your phone is connected to that (ship's) service

failure to understand can result in a cellular bill of THOUSANDS of dollars . . .

Just sayin' .... if you think I'm claiming the sky is falling, do some searches. At least once a month someone is here saying they did it wrong and got the bill . . .

In general when connected your phone will indicate it is ROAMING and you need to know how it tells you that.

In general you want to turn off 'cellular data' .....

It is recommended that you keep your phone OFF or in 'airplane mode' unless actually making a call.

Most major providers have service on the islands. Check with your provider about coverage and possibly extra charges for access.

On my trip to Europe I was able to add 30 days of access for $24.

VERIZON has specific cruise ship plans .... dunno about other carriers.