What to pack in your carry on luggage

BiancaV

I'm hoping some veterans out there can give me some recommendations on what to pack in the carry on luggage. I was thinking any medications and valuables but anything else??

Thanks! 32 days and counting!!

Anything you consider valuable like a camera, etc.

We usually put a day's change of clothes in there too and some toiletries just in case our luggage shows up late (has not yet on many cruises). Bathing suit, coverup and flipflops to get to the waterslides or pool quickly.

I sometimes bring liquids like a low sugar soda (GUS) which is in a glass bottle so I put that in my carry-on too so I don't end up at the naughty room for a glass bottle that could be (but isn't) contraband! :eek:

Have fun!

Medications, toiletries and makeup, a change or two of clothing, maybe a blowdryer (depending on the ship), a book or two or a loaded e-reader. You can cram a bunch of stuff into a 14" duffel bag.

Can pack alot in 22inch rolling carry-on; I pack all my clothes and shoes in the wheeled bag while I use a backpack to hold the toiletries /hair products/water bottle, etc and purse to hold boarding pass, medicine, passport, money, cellphone.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

I'm hoping some veterans out there can give me some recommendations on what to pack in the carry on luggage. I was thinking any medications and valuables but anything else??

If you plan to swim or if you are traveling with kids who will hit the pool right away, the swim suits (or dress the kids in their suits in the morning with some clothes over top for quick change and some dry clothes in the carry on). We keep our passports, our edocs, our electronics and medications with us. We don't travel with much else of value. Otherwise, we just leave our bags with the porters and they end up by our door later in the day.

Change of clothing(2 days worth), all my valuable's important documents, Shampoo, deodorant, comb and brush, toothbrush, razor...

extra pair of shoes, Video camera, Tablet, phone...

Basically anything worth a lot of money...

Besides prescription meds, which you obviously want to keep with you, I have also created a small first aid kit (it's just one of the small zipper-bag Johnson & Johnson pouches). I take that in our carry-on. It's just some band-aids, Neosporin, pain relievers, medicine for upset stomachs, Benadryl (my boyfriend has a pine nut allergy), mole skin in case shoes rub, aloe, and antacids. I like to have these things for any of these easily-fixed issues, because buying these simple items can set you back quite a bit on board, and an infirmary trip would be quite a pain in the butt for something minor! Have a great cruise!

Anything important to you, meds, camera etc.... Although I always carry a small backpack for my camera a computer stuff. When ever I travel I always try to carry at least 3 days of clothes in my carry on.........just in case the main bag doesn't make it. I'll still have clothes enough to wear including a bathing suit

Besides meds and valuables we also carry a change of clothing in case luggage doesn't make it and a swim suit in case we want to use the pool before our luggage arrives. Basic toiletries too.

I also carry our folder of all cruise info and receipts.

Edited by NMLady

I've been know to pack enough for 21 days in my carryon

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Glad I mastered it last year for next year's trip.[emoji4] [emoji16]

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

This is my slim 18" personal laptop backpack (airline-sized personal bag) that surprisingly, for many, pack 3 days worth of essential clothing, medications pouch & first-aid pouch, 3-1-1 toiletry items, electronics, gadgets, chargers/cables/accessories, spare phone, tablet, Sony Viao travel notebook computer, in-ear noise isolation headsets, eyeshades (for flying), SS insulated mug (with powdered coffee & cocoa + chocolate/energy bar), thick facial tissues, hand sanitizer, and spare eyeglasses - with a clip-on Eagle Creek pouch for the wallet, etc. (going thru security.) There is a small SAK multi-tool, TSA-approved, a 5500 maH USB battery pack, a hi-power LED flashlight, and a sewing kit w. safety pins and when needed, a U-shape neck pillow (beads) for long-haul flying (doubled as lower back support & rest for the tablet) ... along with a few other things & PDF documents/info (copies of passport & health/medical info) "securely" stored in an USB card.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=625154F59067D2B1!1265&authkey=!AKYBU0vjCa8Pe10&v=3&ithint=photo%2cjpg

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=625154F59067D2B1!1266&authkey=!APUw4XiUO0kSybs&v=3&ithint=photo%2cjpg

Not a designer brand, just plain old eBags with unconditioned, no-questions asked lifetime replacement warranty (shipped free for under $45 USD during a major semi-annual sale). It's paired with either a 22" full-sized convertible carry-on or 22" expandable roller for air & land travel (and, cruising) - whether it's for 5 to 8 nights or 10 to 15 nights - smart packing & light laundry is the key, "less is more".

Edited by mking8288