Shareholders

Teach2cruise4fun

The stock pays $1.20 per share dividend annually. That's about it.

There is supposed to be a shareholder benefit when you book a cruise, but it is not combinable with any other offer and there is always some other offer that is better.

Edited by Host Jazzbeau

It's not true that there is always a better offer. If you book an inside room, there is a good possibility that you can apply for and get the shareholder benefit because lately those rooms have been excluded from other promotions. Same with transatlantic and transpacific cruises.

Question regarding shares in RCL. How does X compensate you? Thanks so much for the information!

$250 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 14 or more nights.

$200 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 10 to 13 nights.

$100 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 to 9 nights.

$50 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 5 nights or less.

Applicable on any Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises or Azamara Club Cruises sailings. (excludes any charter sailings or Celebrity Xpeditions sailings)

This is not combinable with many other offers, but when it works it is great.

$250 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 14 or more nights.

$200 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 10 to 13 nights.

$100 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 to 9 nights.

$50 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 5 nights or less.

Applicable on any Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises or Azamara Club Cruises sailings. (excludes any charter sailings or Celebrity Xpeditions sailings)

This is not combinable with many other offers, but when it works it is great.

As far as celebrity goes, it is not available for any booking other than an inside cabin. The new BBB pricing is considered a special offer as is any senior, state, military or other offer. Essentially, unless you book an inside with no perks, you no longer have a stockholder benefit on Celebrity ships.

Shareholder also works with close-in bookings where Big-Better-Best doesn't apply.

I submit my request for every cruise, and if they say no they say no. Sometimes I've resent request and gotten a yes the second time even with perks - but I don't expect it on cruises with perks.

For me, the value was in buying around $37 where today it's at $85 or so - also doing TA's each year it's nice. It's also the best stock in my portfiolio at the moment and pays regular dividends. :D

The stock pays $1.20 per share dividend annually. That's about it.

There is supposed to be a shareholder benefit when you book a cruise, but it is not combinable with any other offer and there is always some other offer that is better.

Not true!! I have used my shareholder credit on every TA I've done, as well as with senior or resident rates. The $250 OBCs I've gotten have by now paid for my initial stock purchase.

Edited by CathyCruises

As far as celebrity goes, it is not available for any booking other than an inside cabin. The new BBB pricing is considered a special offer as is any senior, state, military or other offer. Essentially, unless you book an inside with no perks, you no longer have a stockholder benefit on Celebrity ships.

we booked a balcony cabin without the new BBB pricing and got the stockholder OBC.

Marianne

I've only done one Celebrity Cruise. I don't pick the perk that has obc since my TA offers one. It worked for my first cruise and hopefully the one coming up.

Very lucky to have bought at $25 before my first cruise. That and the dividend, I'm a happy camper. YMMV.

Shareholder also works with close-in bookings where Big-Better-Best doesn't apply.

I submit my request for every cruise, and if they say no they say no. Sometimes I've resent request and gotten a yes the second time even with perks - but I don't expect it on cruises with perks.

For me, the value was in buying around $37 where today it's at $85 or so - also doing TA's each year it's nice. It's also the best stock in my portfiolio at the moment and pays regular dividends. :D

I booked Bermuda cruise Inside cabin with residential discount - X said - " not combinable"

Also there are virtually no perks on transatlantic or transpacific or repositioning cruises, so the shareholder benefit is worthwhile in those cases.

Not always. We have upcoming TA booked and we do have onboard promo perks. We originally booked this cruise, while onboard a previous TA.

I recently booked an Ocean View cabin for Constellation's 15 night fall transatlantic for only $799pp, and got the $250 shareholder OBC...along with another $275 OBC from the on line agency. :eek: :D ;)

Edited by teecee60