Ready to mail our Passport Renewals in

hugger

Actually, you can renew your passport at many, many post offices in the USA. That's what we've generally done. But check with the individual post office--not all of them do this.

No, you can't renew them there- they will help you complete the paperwork, make sure it is complete. But it still has to be sent to the State Department. The Post Office doesn't do the record check to make sure you are eligible, nor does it create the passports.

Edited by CruiserBruce

I sent in my passport on the 10 of May, for a journey to begin the 30th of June.

Time enough, not really, on the 29th of June it arrived. We had to cancel our

flights to Europe, and rebooked for August. Never again. They passport had a

computer issue according to their site and a summer backlog.

experiences with renewing your passport with me.

For some reason I have a gut feeling that I should mail them separately. I was all set to mail them together - but I have this little feeling that I should mail them in their own envelope and with their own individual payment.

Only because IF there were a problem with one of them we would only have to deal with tracking one of them down or having it lost.

THANK YOU all for all of your help - I SO APPRECIATE all of you!

Ok, folks, here is the "inane question" of the day! When you print out the renewal application it has two pages (info and signature), and then another four pages (with instruction stuff). You only mail the two pages, correct?

Ok, folks, here is the "inane question" of the day! When you print out the renewal application it has two pages (info and signature), and then another four pages (with instruction stuff). You only mail the two pages, correct?

only mail the two pages you fill out.

Along with ONE picture - you used to have to mail two pictures in - which made me do a good deal of research to make sure that it's only the ONE now.

Be sure to sign the 1st page of the form you send in

We ended up using the priority mail and requested tracking. Mailed the in two separate envelopes.

Thank you, hugger! I kinda knew it already (smattering of common sense) but had worrisome thoughts of it being rejected without the extra pages (like when people ask if they need to take ALL the pre-boarding paperwork when they only need that one single page). :)