Paid Waitlist Question

Pinnacle Club member that waited too late to try to book this one. On a paid waitlist for a Jewel cruise. Really hoping an OS or GS opens up. Final payment coming up so wondering what percentage of people that deposit will not make final payment?? With FCC's, reduced deposits, $200 deposits so common these days its easy for anyone to tie up a room with a deposit but I bet a fairly high percentage doesn't follow through and make final payment.

Any thoughts or recent experience with waitlist?

I know you're on a waitlist but I would keep checking myself and if I saw something, I would put a hold on it rather than wait to talk to anyone.

I've seen lots of good cabins come up right around final and even in the days up to sailing. It just depends on the sailing. Keep looking.

Edited by marci22

There are two waitlist you can choose on RCCL, a paid waitlist and the "non-paid" waitlist. For a paid waitlist you pay the regular deposit for the room type you are wait listing for. The "non-paid" waitlist requires no deposit. Paid waitlist get priority over non-paid waitlists because to the cruise line you are more serious if you have money tied up while waiting. We always do paid waitlist if its a last minute decision to cruise. About 50% of the time the room category (usually OS or GS) we are wait listing for clears at final payment time.

There are two waitlist you can choose on RCCL, a paid waitlist and the "non-paid" waitlist. For a paid waitlist you pay the regular deposit for the room type you are wait listing for. The "non-paid" waitlist requires no deposit. Paid waitlist get priority over non-paid waitlists because to the cruise line you are more serious if you have money tied up while waiting. We always do paid waitlist if its a last minute decision to cruise. About 50% of the time the room category (usually OS or GS) we are wait listing for clears at final payment time.

You can be on the local port waitlist as well. Great if you are able to travel at the last minute. Most lines offer this. Once you decline 2-3 times you are removed from the list.

We prefer to plan well in advance to get the room type and location we prefer but from time to time we get these last minute opportunities. As mentioned they have worked out for us about 50% the time. The good news about last minute is that you don't have to wait long to go...the bad news is that you usually pay a premium for airline tickets, buts its all worth it once you get on board!

There was a post on here a couple of days ago from someone that was on a paid waitlist. They fortunately kept checking themselves and saw some cabins open up and are getting onboard. They were NOT notified by RCL.

So apparently it does not work so well

Edited by molly361

That has not been our experience with RCCL. We received a call every time. They told us the cabin number and if we liked it we paid, it was that simple. The only time we haven't heard from RCCL is if nothing opens up. Having said that we do check ourselves just to make sure but trust that RCCL will contact us.

There was a post on here a couple of days ago from someone that was on a paid waitlist. They fortunately kept checking themselves and saw some cabins open up and are getting onboard. They were NOT notified by RCL.

So apparently it does not work so well

That poster mentioned being on a wait list, but IIRC she didn't mention it was paid