Losing perks to upgrade - Question

Dakkar

Hi,

Just a question to confirm that it's the right answer we got from Celebrity. We are in Aqua Class for our cruise in the Canary Islands next September. We made the final payment in June. I looked at Celebrity Web site and I saw that there's still 3 SS1 available. My TA called and Celebrity told her that we will lose the perks related to the promotion we had when we booked if we switch to a SS1.

Is it an answer some of you have had in the past?

Thank you

Dan

If the current price of the SS does not include any perks, which is generally the case after final payment, then in order to upgrade at that price you lose perks associated with your booking.

We tried to upgrade a few months ago also to SS- there were no perks so we would lose our perks. Celebrity did have a price we could pay for the upgrade and retain our perks but it was more than we were willing to pay.

If the current price of the SS does not include any perks, which is generally the case after final payment, then in order to upgrade at that price you lose perks associated with your booking.

We tried to upgrade a few months ago also to SS- there were no perks so we would lose our perks. Celebrity did have a price we could pay for the upgrade and retain our perks but it was more than we were willing to pay.

Did you upgrade in the end with no perks? That's the issue we are looking at now as well.

We were originally booked on the Reflection Aqua class with all of the 123 perks. We decided to upgrade to the Sky Suite and asked Captains club rep if we could keep our perks. She told us we could so we upgraded and kept all the the perks. We have not paid our final payment yet and that may make a difference.

We were originally booked on the Reflection Aqua class with all of the 123 perks. We decided to upgrade to the Sky Suite and asked Captains club rep if we could keep our perks. She told us we could so we upgraded and kept all the the perks. We have not paid our final payment yet and that may make a difference.

When was or when will your cruise be?

If you upgraded while the 123 was still active as a promotion it's normal. But if you got it recently while there's no promotion active for cruise starting prior to October 1st, you are lucky and I will call the Captains club rep ;-)

We upgraded from an AQ to a SS on July 2nd. Not sure if the 123 was over at that time. Kept all of our perks, plus received another $100 in OBC from TA. The cruise is the same as yours, but doesn't sail until October 21st.

I also just read this on another thread posted July 20th.

Celebrity just did a drastic price drop on my upcoming Amsterdam - Rome cruise (now that it's past final payment), and Aqua class was the same as I paid for my 1A. I called and was able to upgrade to a nice aft A2...and keep my 123 Go.

We upgraded from an AQ to a SS on July 2nd. Not sure if the 123 was over at that time. Kept all of our perks, plus received another $100 in OBC from TA. The cruise is the same as yours, but doesn't sail until October 21st.

I think the 123Go promo ended on the night of 5 July so I wouldn't be surprised you kept your perks. Congratulations!

Thank you for the 2 persons that gave me examples of their upgrades. I talked with me Travel Agent and we called back Celebrity and we used those examples and they accepted to upgrade us to the SS1 with all the 123 Go Perks!

So when you need something, keep calling Celebrity until you get the answer you want.

Thank you for the 2 persons that gave me examples of their upgrades. I talked with me Travel Agent and we called back Celebrity and we used those examples and they accepted to upgrade us to the SS1 with all the 123 Go Perks!

So when you need something, keep calling Celebrity until you get the answer you want.

Thanks Dakkar for giving me inspiration! I did the same thing (asked my TA to speak directly to Celebrity). They referred her to resolutions who agreed to let me upgrade to SS2 with all perks from the 123Go intact.

Thanks Dakkar for giving me inspiration! I did the same thing (asked my TA to speak directly to Celebrity). They referred her to resolutions who agreed to let me upgrade to SS2 with all perks from the 123Go intact.

Wonderful for the both of you! :)

Wonderful for the both of you! :)

Thank you! We are excited! As you might remember from the other thread, I was going to have very little OBC left after paying for the gratuities. We now have about USD1000 OBC to figure out what to do with it so that's a huge plus :)

I think the 123Go promo ended on the night of 5 July so I wouldn't be surprised you kept your perks. Congratulations!

Exact same thing happened to us. We upgraded to an S1 from a C2 and kept all of our perks. The price for our C2 was so cheap; the upgrade only $84 plus the butler. I don't ever plan to get a deal like that again booking onboard![emoji41] did I mention that now I love S1's???