Our first IT issue

After all these years I finally had my first issue with the infamous RCCL IT department:D

Logged into our account last week to print some things, we have two existing cruise reservations. All is well. Tried to log in again yesterday, nothing works. Not the password, not the "email me a new password". Nothing, like I've never existed. Called C&A. "Oh this happens all the time"...... They say the best thing is to go in and create a new "My Cruises Account". Link it to your C&A number. Re-assign your cruises to it. OK that all worked and I think I once again have online access to our cruises. For today..........:rolleyes:

I guess after 10 years we should be thankful this is the first time we've had any IT/online issues!

Edited by bouhunter

RCCL's IT solutions are poor. Even their new web site has usage issues that are amateur mistakes at best. I am embarrassed for them. Teaching old dogs (software developers) new tricks is a challenge. Outsourcing to some experts is simple.

Over the weekend had problems as well. When I tried to book excursions for our upcoming cruise, it would book everything twice. Not like I accidentally selected it twice either, because if I tried to delete the duplicate, it would delete both reservations. Called RC only to find out the excursions department was closed. Have to call between 9 and 5.

RCCL's IT solutions are poor. Even their new web site has usage issues that are amateur mistakes at best. I am embarrassed for them. Teaching old dogs (software developers) new tricks is a challenge. Outsourcing to some experts is simple.

Although the front end is the same, the back end (e.g. the bit that holds all the bookings, and where you go for "My Cruises" etc.) hasn't changed in the slightest. That's the bit that holds all the bugs and needs fixing more than anything

Can't argue that. I read somewhere their new Marketing Director has extensive IT experience (Hopefully outside of RC :D)