August Promo Question

Where on the site did you find the August promotion?

Those are available to NCL's partners only (or to ones those partners share their links with). August promo will be on NCL's public site on Aug 1st.

Those are available to NCL's partners only (or to ones those partners share their links with). August promo will be on NCL's public site on Aug 1st.

Always good to know people. Meh I booked a 2 bedroom villa back in April and got the Dining & Beverage packages, $75/day shore ex credit, pre-paid gratuities, and 3rd - 5th (for us) guest free! Still have yet to see that good of deal come back. Though this one in August is close.

Always good to know people. Meh I booked a 2 bedroom villa back in April and got the Dining & Beverage packages, $75/day shore ex credit, pre-paid gratuities, and 3rd - 5th (for us) guest free! Still have yet to see that good of deal come back. Though this one in August is close.

August promo is only 3rd & 4th free - you'd have to pay regular fare for 5th person and that probably is more than enough to make it a lot worse deal than the one you already have.

Living Large is the "spam" email heading from NCL this morning, for as low as ... Getaway @$ 499, Breakaway @ $619 and Escape @ $569 - all p/p for 7 days, plus taxex/fees/GSC, etc. AND the Freestyle promo ...

Trying to fill those unsold cabins for the off-peak know ?? Don't know for sure - need to look into the details & dates ... might be cheaper & better to take 2 cabins, and it's roomier too - Epic also, as low as $499 for 7 nights, even if it's almost CTN with just 4 or 5 hours in some ports.

Found it:

11169157_10153086259301733_2710722628277058540_n.jpg

August Promo: Finish off your summer with a sizzling offer. Book a Studio or higher and choose from five great offers. Toast another magical sunset, compliments of our FREE Unlimited Beverages. Indulge in delicious meals with our FREE Unlimited Specialty Dining. Don't worry about the tip with the FREE Gratuities. Upload tropical selfies with our FREE WiFi. Share the trip of a lifetime with a loved one with our Friends & Family Sail FREE. Best of all, book a Suite or The Haven and get ALL five offers for FREE!

Looks like I'm rebooking if the price remains the same. Hopefully this applies to 2016 sailing dates.

RIP UDP :(

now it's USD.

wait.. USD = Unlimited Specialty Dining instead of Ultimate Specialty Dining?! :confused:

hm.. then is there a difference between UDP and USD?

or is it just a typo and they meant Ultimate Specialty Dining like in the flyer?

Edited by fstuff1

Welp, looks like I'm going to rebook my inside cabin in August. :D

so I take it you want the free gratuities?

if you want the dining package, July's promo is better because it's UDP, not USP.

ie: rebook this month (5days left)!

Edited by fstuff1

so I take it you want the free gratuities?

if you want the dining package, July's promo is better because it's UDP, not USP.

ie: rebook this month (5days left)!

I'm booking an inside, so it's just a $50 credit for me anyway. What's the difference between USD and UDP? I figure if I can get free gratuities for the first two people, that would be worth more than a $50 credit. What I think is going to happen is that if I rebook, the price for the 3rd person is going to get raised, so I will probably be better off locked in at the July promotion.

RIP UDP :(

now it's USD.

wait.. USD = Unlimited Specialty Dining instead of Ultimate Specialty Dining?! :confused:

hm.. then is there a difference between UDP and USD?

or is it just a typo and they meant Ultimate Specialty Dining like in the flyer?

Yeah and look at the new code for the beverage package, it has been changed to CHOBDIS does that mean discount? Also what is the code CHOK34S for?

Yeah and look at the new code for the beverage package, it has been changed to CHOBDIS does that mean discount? Also what is the code CHOK34S for?

Hi Cathy. My guess is the code CHOK34S is for "kids" 3rd and 4th Sail free. Which is now (Aug 1 actually) just a choice instead of in addition to one of the other bennies.

I'm booking an inside, so it's just a $50 credit for me anyway. What's the difference between USD and UDP? I figure if I can get free gratuities for the first two people, that would be worth more than a $50 credit. What I think is going to happen is that if I rebook, the price for the 3rd person is going to get raised, so I will probably be better off locked in at the July promotion.

If you currently have KSF or 50% off you will have to choose between free DSC or Free/50% kids if you rebook after August 1. It's choose one of the five then instead of KSF plus 1 other choice.

I'm booking an inside, so it's just a $50 credit for me anyway.

What's the difference between USD and UDP? I figure if I can get free gratuities for the first two people, that would be worth more than a $50 credit. What I think is going to happen is that if I rebook, the price for the 3rd person is going to get raised, so I will probably be better off locked in at the July promotion.

no no no no ...

july promo -> studios and Insides get the full UDP from ncl.com!!!

aug promo-> studios and Insides get USD from ncl.com

I'm assuming USD is 7 dinners at specialty restaurants for a 7 day cruise.

UDP is 7 days of Unlimited specialty restaurants.

ie: ive eaten at 10 specialty restaurants on my 7day cruise! :p

book the earliest reservation at one restaurant, then book the latest at another

Edited by fstuff1

no no no no ...

july promo -> studios and Insides get the full UDP from ncl.com!!!

aug promo-> studios and Insides get USD from ncl.com

Sorry, I should have been more specific. Yes, the current July promo is all cabins, but only for sailings until 12/22/15. I did a 2016 booking and only got the $50 specialty dining credit. Yes, if you're booking an inside or studio before Christmas, the current program is aces.

I'm assuming USD is 7 dinners at specialty restaurants for a 7 day cruise.

UDP is 7 days of Unlimited specialty restaurants.

ie: ive eaten at 10 specialty restaurants on my 7day cruise! :p

book the earliest reservation at one restaurant, then book the latest at another

So the difference is the "more than one specialty restaurants per day?" I can live with the new one. :)

What in the heck is a USP? Didn't we go from Ultimate Dining Plan (UDP) to Specialty Dining Plan (SDP)? Who the heck invented the USP acronym? Way to confuse things. Someone go burn that flier.

Edited by LrgPizza

I continue to be terribly confused about the KSF / 50% off promotions.

3/4th sailing free is easy to understand.....However what is the 50% off of? If I am on a sailing that qualifies for 50% the 3rd/4th, and the listed price is 871.38 for each of the 3rd and 4th person in the cabin, does that mean the full price (regular price) is $1742.76?

The 3rd/4th price is consistent across all cabin categories on this sailing, so do not say it is the regular cost...The least expensive Inside room is only $1101.00, but the 3rd/4th are $871 each. So for only $230 more each, they can get a separate cabin, and qualify for what ever promo's are available.

I have looked through the brochures, and never see a "regular" price for the 3rd /4th, just a lead in price stating "from $xxx.xx based on a specific sail date

So exactly what is the 50% off of?

KSF is a very family friendly promo, the 50% off, not so much as it seems they just jack up the price and charge whatever they wish and call it 50% off.

I wonder why they do not call it 95% off and make the people feel they are getting a super duper deal?

However what is the 50% off of? If I am on a sailing that qualifies for 50% the 3rd/4th, and the listed price is 871.38 for each of the 3rd and 4th person in the cabin, does that mean the full price (regular price) is $1742.76?

The 3rd/4th price is consistent across all cabin categories on this sailing, so do not say it is the regular cost...

But it is. The cost of 3rd and up passengers is the same for the whole sailing regardless of the cabin category - the price usually rises as the "extra" beds fill up (remember that the ship is considered to be at 100% capacity if all cabins are sold with 2 passengers in each cabin (double occupancy)).

The 50% off is calculated from the base price for 3rd and up passengers and it has no relation to the pricing of 1st and 2nd passengers. It is true that you can not see the base price anywhere (at least easily), also the base price (comparable to MSRP) is not the price shown normally on the website because pretty much all cruise lines have switched to dynamic pricing model.

The least expensive Inside room is only $1101.00, but the 3rd/4th are $871 each. So for only $230 more each, they can get a separate cabin, and qualify for what ever promo's are available.

That is true also, sometimes it can be more beneficial to book separate cabins. But not always can 3rd and up passengers book their own cabin, usually because of age limits and/or parental decisions (even if one could book a next door cabin for underaged kids, not all parents feel comfortable doing so).

Edited by Demonyte

"The 50% off is calculated from the base price for 3rd and up passengers and it has no relation to the pricing of 1st and 2nd passengers. It is true that you can not see the base price anywhere (at least easily)."

Here within lies the rub!

NCL, plain and simple, show us the base prices. If you can not see it or it is not easily seen, then it just does not exist.

The booking was done over a year in advance, and the ship was no way near capacity.

Anyone have any more details/confirmation about the August promo?
You mean other than this (below) that was already posted in this thread? Not sure what is is you want.

11169157_10153086259301733_2710722628277058540_n.jpg

August Promo: Finish off your summer with a sizzling offer. Book a Studio or higher and choose from five great offers. Toast another magical sunset, compliments of our FREE Unlimited Beverages. Indulge in delicious meals with our FREE Unlimited Specialty Dining. Don't worry about the tip with the FREE Gratuities. Upload tropical selfies with our FREE WiFi. Share the trip of a lifetime with a loved one with our Friends & Family Sail FREE. Best of all, book a Suite or The Haven and get ALL five offers for FREE!

Edited by LrgPizza

You mean other than this (below) that was already posted in this thread? Not sure what is is you want.

More details, like is it for all room categories? For 2016 sailings, too? Is the rate higher for 3+? There is a lot of speculation on how this will work since the details are conflicting or missing.

More details, like is it for all room categories? For 2016 sailings, too? Is the rate higher for 3+? There is a lot of speculation on how this will work since the details are conflicting or missing.

Ah, I see. I guess we will have to wait until it actually starts.

August – Freestyle Choice: Terms and Conditions

Promotion codes: CHOO, CHOINT, CHOK34S & CHOBDIS are automatic, remaining promotion codes are on manual select.

Booking Window: 8/1/15 – 8/31/15 11:59 pm EST

Applicable Sailings: 3 - 16 day sailings*

*Pride of America sailings are not eligible for the offer.

Norwegian Sky sailings beginning January 1, 2016 are not eligible for the offer.

**3 & 4 Guest Sail Free is only available on select sailings and can change at any time.

Offer is for New Individual FIT Reservations, New Group Delegates and FS bookings.

Qualifying New Individual FIT reservations can be moved into an existing traditional or FS Group and count towards Tour Conductor Credits.

Offer is combinable with existing group block rates.

RQs are not applicable unless RQ reservation converted to OF or BK status within the promotional booking window.

Promotion cannot be held as group block.

Singles paying 200% of voyage fare qualify.

Guest cannot substitute or customize this offer.

All Guests in stateroom must choose same offer. Government Taxes, Port Expenses & Fees, discretionary on board service charges and are additional.

Cancellation Fees also apply based on the Booking/Sailing date; therefore, Norwegian Cruise Line strongly recommends the purchase of Travel Protection on all bookings.

Not applicable to Chartered Dates and Group Types: CMI OP EVENT, CMI OP LG EVENT, INCREG & INCLARGE

This is a cruise only offer.

This promotion is not applicable on the land portion of Cruisetours or BUNDLES.

Offer and combinability with other promotional offers is subject to change at any time per Norwegian Cruise Line's discretion. Other restrictions may apply.

Applicable to NCLMIAMI, NCLINTL, AUSTRALIA, and NCL BRAZIL.

Not applicable to CE and UK offices.

Ultimate Beverage Package:

Applicable to guests 1-2 on the reservation.

Guest must be at least 21 years of age at time of sailing to qualify for the Ultimate Beverage Package.

Guests under 21 will receive the soda package.

Variety of spirits and cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to $11.

Includes fountain soda and juice, and non-alcoholic beer.

A 20% discount will be given on bottles of wine (champagne and sparkling included) purchased on board, Applicable taxes, US and VAT may apply based on certain destinations.

Does not apply to the Ice Bars.

Does not include room service, package sales, bottled water, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated super premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, fresh squeezed juices, Lavazza coffee beverages, wine dispenser, energy drinks or vending machines.

Guest is responsible for 18% gratuities & service charges on the retail value of the Ultimate Beverage Package prior to cruise, except when booking a Haven or Suite.

Soda Package:

Guest may obtain fountain soda at any bar, lounge or restaurant throughout the duration of the cruise.

Guest is responsible for 18% gratuities & service charges on the retail value of the Soda Package prior to cruise, except when booking a Haven or Suite.

18% gratuities & service charges on the retail value of the Soda Package are included when booking through the Australia office.

Grid below reflects the gratuities guest is responsible for based on number of cruise nights.

When booking a Haven or Suite category, gratuities related to beverage and soda packages are included.

When booking through the Australia office, gratuities related to beverage and soda packages are included.

Guest Gratuities Per Person in USD

Nights Ultimate Dining Ultimate Beverage Soda Package

3 $10.62 $31.86 $3.51

4 $13.32 $42.48 $4.68

5 $16.02 $48.60 $5.85

6 $18.72 $58.32 $7.02

7 $21.42 $68.04 $8.19

8 $24.12 $77.76 $9.36

9 $26.82 $87.48 $10.53

10 $29.52 $97.20 $11.70

11 $32.22 $106.92 $12.87

12 $34.92 $116.64 $14.04

13 $37.62 $126.36 $15.21

14 $40.32 $136.08 $16.38

15 $43.02 $145.80 $17.55

16 $45.72 $155.52 $18.72

Dining packages::

Sail Length Dining Package Nights Guest Gratuities Per Person in USD

3-5 Nights 3 $10.63

7-9 Nights 4 $13.32

10-12 Nights 5 $16.02

13-16 Nights 6 $18.72

Guest is responsible for 18% gratuities & service charges on the retail value of the Dining Package prior to cruise, except when booking a Haven or Suite.

18% gratuities & service charges on the retail value of the Dining Package are included when booking through the Australia office.

Does not include beverages or gratuities. C

arlo's Bake Shop items, Ice Cream Bar, Gelato, Chef's Table, Special Occasion/Holiday menus (New Year's, Christmas, etc.), ´ la carte priced restaurants, entertainment based restaurants, Bayamo, Ocean Blue restaurants, and beverages are not included as part of the Specialty Dining Packages "Specialty Dining Packages include one main course per person at Cagney's and Le Bistro restaurants.

Additional main courses will be charged at $10.00 per meal per person."

Guests who want to dine at any of the following venues will have an upcharge fee - Ocean Blue, Bayamo, Cirque/Illusionarium, Sushi, Pincho, Raw Bar.

Specialty Dining Packages include one main course per person at Cagney's and Le Bistro restaurants.

Additional main courses will be charged at $10.00 per meal per person.

Dining Credit:

$50 dining credit per person for guests 1 - 2 on the reservation.

Guest is responsible for 18% gratuities & service charges on specialty dining once on board.

Dining credit can be used towards specialty dining gratuities.

Internet Package:

Studio and Insides:

100 minute internet package.

Oceanview and above categories:

250 minute internet package.

One login per stateroom.

On Breakaway, stateroom receives an internet package of 100/250 minutes or 300/1000 MB of data respectively.

Internet package includes activation fee.

On Board Credit:

Studio and inside categories can choose $25 on board credit per stateroom.

on board Credit amount is per stateroom, in U.S. Dollars, and will be applied to the 1st and 2nd guest in the stateroom.

on board Credit has no cash value and is not transferable.

It may not be used toward on board service charges or prepurchased activities.

Service Charges:

Prepaid gratuities, otherwise referred to as "Service Charges," applicable to the 1st and 2nd guest in the stateroom 3 years of age and up.

If guests choose this option and have 3-8 guests in the reservation, the 3-8 guests must pay their gratuities once on board

Guests are responsible for on board gratuities applicable to all other shipboard purchases.

Offer has no cash value and cannot be disputed.

3 & 4 Guests Sail Free:

Offer valid for guests 3-4 sharing a stateroom with guests 1-2 paying full fare.

Government Taxes, Port Expenses & Fees, and discretionary on board service charges are additional.

Offer only valid on select sailings.

3 & 4 Guests Sail Free dates are subject to change at any time without notice.

No deposit is required for qualifying 3 & 4 guests.

If there are guests 5 - 8 in a reservation, those guests will be required to pay prevailing fares.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Norwegian Cruise Line reserves the right to charge a fuel supplement without prior notice should the closing price of West Texas Intermediate Fuel increase above $65 per barrel on the NYMEX (New York Mercantile Exchange Index).

In the event a fuel supplement is charged, Norwegian Cruise Line will have sole discretion to apply the supplementary charge to both existing and new bookings, regardless of whether such bookings have been paid in full.

Such supplementary charges are not included in the cruise fare.

The fuel supplement charge will not exceed $10.00 per passenger per day Norwegian Cruise Line is not responsible for typographical errors or omissions.

Ships' registry: BAHAMAS and UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

©2015 NCL Corporation Ltd

That looks the same as before. It was implied previously that all cabins are eligible for the five options, but they list the $50 dining credit for inside and studio in the T&C. Odd to leave it there if the dining package applied to those cabin classes.

I booked a cruise back in May and free gratuity was not included in Freestyle Choice at that time. Can I call NCL and have my chosen Freestyle Choice swapped with free gratuity without having to cancel and re-book at today's price?