Swimming on the Eurodam?

I'm fairly sure that the Eurodam's pools are the same size as the pools on other HAL ships. My relatives did laps in the Eurodam Lido pool but they were short laps.

Sorry, I don't know if the pools are heated.

Edited by Alberta Quilter

None of the pools on HAL's ships are big enough for swimming laps in any serious way. Additionally, unless you go to the pool very early or very late, there will be people enjoying the pool in a leisurely way, so you'll need to be prepared to swim around them.

Edited by Fouremco

For a strong swimmer, they likely will get about three or four crawl strokes from one end to the other.

The Lido pool has a retractable roof. It will be opened and closed appropriate to the weather.

Edited by sail7seas

I am a lap swimmer and found it just didn't work very well on board. You have to go early if you want to get a good workout, the water is not heated and the motion of the ship can produce large waves.:eek: I just leave the bathing suit at home now and take a break from lap swimming!

Karen

I wouldn't count on being able to swim in the Lido pool. It's the only one kids can use so it's full of them.

We did see folks swimming laps in the Aft pool on our Baltic cruise last week (as we enjoyed the hot tubs!)

I am a lap swimmer, and have done laps on the Eurodam. I would wait at 7am for the pool attendant to take the net off so I would be the first in. I would swim diagonally and get 5 strokes. Once people started to get into the pool, they seem oblivious to the fact that someone does laps and meandered all around the pool. Ended up getting a so so morning swim. Water was cold also!!!

Thanks for your answers everyone. While I can stand the thought of short laps and kids in the pool, the thought of frigid water is one I can't fathom. It's 45C here right now, and the pool water is actually warmer than the air, so I think I'll just take advantage of the gym and the hikes onshore!