Our Overnight in Athens

Cruzin Terri

Crusin Terry:

How was Golden Age Hotel??

We are considering this hotel and Athens Center Hotel for our stay next month.

Golden Age is less expensive than our alternative, just not certain about location. It looks fine.

We will be doing Peloponnese by car after and are looking forward to a few days in Napfilon.

Crusin Terry:

How was Golden Age Hotel??

We are considering this hotel and Athens Center Hotel for our stay next month.

Golden Age is less expensive than our alternative, just not certain about location. It looks fine.

We will be doing Peloponnese by car after and are looking forward to a few days in Napfilon.

Hi there,

The Golden Age was okay. It is a four star hotel. We had a Junior Suite, which was quite large and the price was only 105 Euros. It was clean and breakfast was included in the price. It is right near the Crown Plaza and the Hilton but a drive to the Plaka and the nightlife.

The bed could have been more comfortable, but it wasn't the worst bed I've slept in. the bathroom was adequate with a tub and shower.

They have a restaurant on the premises but we didn't eat there.

The staff was friendly and accommodating.

I really have no complaints except there was only one plug in the whole room so if you have a power strip bring it along with an adapter. i wouldn't call it luxury, but it wasn't Motel 6 either.

I would stay there again if we were in Athens. The area around the hotel appeared to be safe.

If you have any questions just ask or you can email me.

Hope this helps.

Terri

Thanks for writing the review,we did these ports of call last fall and it brings back pleasant memories. Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Allan & Marlane

You're very welcome. I will post a full review after we return from Rome and I have all my thoughts together. I will try to post pictures as well. For some reason I cannot get my photos to upload to my MacBook Air. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I keep trying and nothing happens. If anyone has a clue I would be happy for some help.

Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Terri

What a wonderful review. It is great to read how you were creative and made a dream come true. While planning travel , flexibility and thinking out the box are wonderful traits.

Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're very welcome. I will post a full review after we return from Rome and I have all my thoughts together. I will try to post pictures as well. For some reason I cannot get my photos to upload to my MacBook Air. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I keep trying and nothing happens. If anyone has a clue I would be happy for some help.

Terri

Are you loading directly from the camera or from a flash card? I may be able to get my daughter to give me some simple instructions to pass on once I know how you're trying to upload.

Are you loading directly from the camera or from a flash card? I may be able to get my daughter to give me some simple instructions to pass on once I know how you're trying to upload.

I am trying to load from a card to the computer. We are in a hotel in Rome this coming week and have free wifi. i may have an easier time. Again any assistance would be appreciated.

I have to go to bed now. We are disembarking tomorrow and it is 11:30 pm and have to get up early. i will post from Rome tomorrow.

Terri

Terri

Terri, try tap a talk. It really makes uploading pics very easy.

you can use it on a lap top, no problem or a tablet or an Ipad ;)

If the pics aren't loading onto the computer that's strange. they should go automatically. try clicking pics (or whatever it is on a Mac) or when the card goes in, try clicking on the new device and it may show something.

I hate it when technology doesn't work. GRRRRR

Edited by kazu

I am trying to load from a card to the computer. We are in a hotel in Rome this coming week and have free wifi. i may have an easier time. Again any assistance would be appreciated.

I have to go to bed now. We are disembarking tomorrow and it is 11:30 pm and have to get up early. i will post from Rome tomorrow.

Terri

DD says the computer must be on before you insert the card or it won't read. If it is on and still won't read, the only solution she knows is to take it out and put it in again. If it is showing a card is inserted, the photos should load but you need to save them to iPhoto. Does any of that help?

Edited by chefestelle

Try to see if you can see the card in the finder. It should show as a disk and the photos are usually in a folder on the disk called something like DCIM. If you can see the files, you should be able to drag them to the hard drive.

Try to see if you can see the card in the finder. It should show as a disk and the photos are usually in a folder on the disk called something like DCIM. If you can see the files, you should be able to drag them to the hard drive.

Thanks,

Will try all the suggestions today. We are in Rome and in hotel. Will let you know how it goes.

Terri

As I sit in my little cottage and read your review I am transported back in time to when we and some dear friends visited all the wonderful spots you are writing about. You have brought a smile to my face as I remember all of our adventures, thank you for your posts and I wish you healing with your leg.