Free unlimited drink offer and lines at IC

SwimCarrie

I'm thinking of buying a coffee card for our upcoming coastal cruise on Ruby, but I'm concerned there will be very long lines at the IC if everyone in a balcony or higher gets free coffee, too. I don't like to wait in line...otherwise, I would have gone to Disneyland! :)

Maybe we'll only know once people start cruising with these freebie offers, but what are your thoughts?

Free coffee at IC for balcony or above? Some new promotion? If so can you provide a link?

Sip & Sail on select sailings for balcony rooms and above include AIBP which would inlcude free brewed and specialty coffee at the IC.

I'm thinking of buying a coffee card for our upcoming coastal cruise on Ruby, but I'm concerned there will be very long lines at the IC if everyone in a balcony or higher gets free coffee, too. I don't like to wait in line...otherwise, I would have gone to Disneyland! :)

Maybe we'll only know once people start cruising with these freebie offers, but what are your thoughts?

Sip & Sail on select sailings for balcony rooms and above include AIBP which would inlcude free brewed and specialty coffee at the IC.

The Sip & Sail is limited in quantity so "everyone in a balcony or higher gets free coffee" is not the case. Another poster has already observed the S&S benefit is gone from their already booked cruise and the price hasn't dropped.

Because of the limits, while there will be some impact to the coffee lines, I believe it will not be ridiculously bad.

I hope that's the case on my sailing! LOL.

I really don't like to wait in line on a cruise. I'm there to relax and nothing is THAT important. For that reason, I choose traditional dining for all 3 meals and usually avoid the coffee lines.

But I heard the lines for food and coffee at the IC are all the same now? If I'm going to wait, anyway, that's a different story! Now, if only I had 4 arms to hold it all!!!

The Sip & Sail is limited in quantity so "everyone in a balcony or higher gets free coffee" is not the case. Another poster has already observed the S&S benefit is gone from their already booked cruise and the price hasn't dropped.

Interesting. I was holding off booking as the prices including the AIBP for some sailings we were interested in had crazy pricing (almost $1100 more pp than last year for a similar length of cruise). If pricing is not coming down while the packages are phased out that does not bode well for us continuing with Princess at our current 1-2 cruises per year.

I guess I will continue to monitor pricing for cruises that interest us but there is only so many times we can do the same old itineraries. Come on Princess, mix it up a bit!

If you can find a seat near (or even at) the Lobby Bar, give your order and your card to the server. You'll get your coffee without standing in line.

I think there will be more of an impact at the bars then getting coffee. And I do the exact same thing as Shredie. Find a seat and let them take my order. Enjoy the coffee in the early morning and just people watch.

Edited by waltd

I guess I will continue to monitor pricing for cruises that interest us but there is only so many times we can do the same old itineraries. Come on Princess, mix it up a bit!

With a number of ships leaving North America for China and Australia combined with Princess soon only having one small ship (Pacific Princess), the chances are that North and South American itineraries and European itineraries will be very limited in variety.

Depending upon which ship your cruise is on, you may have other venues besides the International Café where you can get your specialty coffee.

The Royal Princess, for example, has coffee by the Princess Live studio. That is were I get mine and have never encountered a line longer that 1 or two people.

One of the reasons the offer is limited and capacity controlled.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Depending upon which ship your cruise is on, you may have other venues besides the International Café where you can get your specialty coffee.

The Royal Princess, for example, has coffee by the Princess Live studio. That is were I get mine and have never encountered a line longer that 1 or two people.

On the Royal and Regal, specialty coffee is also offered in the buffet where the pastries are. No lines there either.

Sip and Sail should have no effect on the OP's cruise. The OP is cruising in September 2015. The S&S promo doesn't start until 2016.

Jim

Well aren't you the smarty pants?! All the rest of us missed that. :o

Well aren't you the smarty pants?! All the rest of us missed that. :o

Man, I sure know how to kill a thread, though, don't I?

Actually, the OP's question is a good one, just a year early. It will be interesting to see whether more AIBPs will translate into more people grabbing specialty coffees at the IC in the morning (possibly trying to undo the previous night's damage? or just because it's covered).

Jim

Edited by jasbo49

Because of the limits, while there will be some impact to the coffee lines, I believe it will not be ridiculously bad.

I checked again today and it's back up, lol. I think that some people may have put a hold on a cabin, then let it expire by not paying the deposit. Or Princess might have decided to sell a few more packages.