Star Princess pullout couch

smithius

I have booked a mini suite on the dolphin deck and I'm trying to figure out what the pullout is like. I have seen people post their couch turned into a traditional pullout while others posted a couch that looks like more of a single bed in the same shape as the couch, if that makes sense? Does anyone know what the mini suites have? First time with princess and in a mini so I'm not totally sure what to expect! Thanks in advance

Edited by smithius

I have booked a mini suite on the dolphin deck and I'm trying to figure out what the pullout is like. I have seen people post their couch turned into a traditional pullout while others posted a couch that looks like more of a single bed in the same shape as the couch, if that makes sense? Does anyone know what the mini suites have? First time with princess and in a mini so I'm not totally sure what to expect! Thanks in advance

We were in a "non-standard" mini on one of our first cruises. The couch is a 2 cushion, we didn't open it, but I am guessing it would be too small for 2 adults.

Here is a link to our pix. Scroll down to the 7th pix and you will see it. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1959727

The couch in a standard mini may be larger, I did one on a cabin crawl and can't remember how big it was, but it was vinyl instead of cloth covered.

Edited by JF - retired RRT

We were in a "non-standard" mini on one of our first cruises. The couch is a 2 cushion, we didn't open it, but I am guessing it would be too small for 2 adults.

Here is a link to our pix. Scroll down to the 7th pix and you will see it. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1959727

The couch in a standard mini may be larger, I did one on a cabin crawl and can't remember how big it was, but it was vinyl instead of cloth covered.

The same 2-seater sofa is in the aft cabins on the Emerald deck, which are not "non-standard". I'd also be interested to know how it pulls out. I've only seen photos of the larger sofabeds pulled out.

PS- I'm in Redlands too... hello from somewhere down the street, apparently. :)

The size would be for one adult or a child.

Usually the full size sofas have only 2/3 of it open up, the rest stays a cushion.

These non standard ones are even smaller.

They all are terrible to sleep on, as most pull outs are at sea or on shore.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

We were wondering the same thing. We have our first mini booked in December. I searched here on cruise critic and found this picture in another thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=37324328&postcount=11

We were wondering the same thing. We have our first mini booked in December. I searched here on cruise critic and found this picture in another thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=37324328&postcount=11

That was Pam's picture, maybe she can say which ship it is.

As noted there are more then one configuration.

Ask for a topper immediately. Sis got the fold out couch on the Grand and it was truly awful. The mattress was as thin as a Thermorest camping pad and definitely not as comfortable.

The worst part was that the covers had to be stored off the bed when it was folded up. They weren't replaced at turn down. Sis played 'find the covers' every night.

That was Pam's picture, maybe she can say which ship it is.
I've had a number of mini-suites on various ships and whether the couch had two or three cushions, it opened to a single bed, not a double. Can't remember whether this photo is from the Sapphire or the Crown. It doesn't matter.

We were in a Dolphin deck midship mini on the Star last August. The sofa was only two cushions wide. As previous posters have said, the bed is the same width whether or not the sofa has two or three cushions.

Here is a picture. The kid on the bed is 4 feet tall.

1744757508_IMG_1743-Copy-Copy.jpg.e147dd6c4a25b9c2b0da9f52550272f3.jpg

Edited by ShelbysMom

My daughter was 26 and sailed with us in a mini. She decided the upper bunk was more comfy and cozy. Also less in the way if we woke up first and wanted to use the balcony, didn't have to get around the sofa pulled out.

My daughter was 26 and sailed with us in a mini. She decided the upper bunk was more comfy and cozy. Also less in the way if we woke up first and wanted to use the balcony, didn't have to get around the sofa pulled out.

I agree the 3rd/4th berth is much better. ;)