Star Princess Alaska next May - How Formal are Formal Nights?

Jazzyjill

I will dine in the MDR on formal nights on any cruise I am on and have dined there on all previous cruises. I have stated time and again how I dress and have NEVER been turned away.

So your per centages are just guesses from your own observation for one dining room on your cruises. They do not oncluded all dining rooms on your cruises at all. Thank you for your scientifc guesses.

Where I stand on the dress codes is to wear what the staff on the ship permits and conform to the guidelines established by that ship for that cruise. aif the dining rooms staff permits it then I could care less what some one I do not know says. I stand on that prnciple and will always stand on it. All others have no say so.

Edited by Potstech

I will dine in the MDR on formal nights on any cruise I am on and have dined there on all previous cruises. I have stated time and again how I dress and have NEVER been turned away.

So your per centages are just guesses from your own observation for one dining room on your cruises. They do not oncluded all dining rooms on your cruises at all. Thank you for your scientifc guesses.Where I stand on the dress codes is to wear what the staff on the ship permits and conform to the guidelines established by that ship for that cruise. aif the dining rooms staff permits it then I could care less what some one I do not know says. I stand on that prnciple and will always stand on it. All others have no say so.

Those weren't my percentages, that post was by CRUISEMATIC. You intimated that the results were inaccurate because ALL diners weren't counted. I merely pointed out that they were probably based on a representative sample which is a recognized scientific method.

So based on your own words, others who don't follow the guidelines should dine elsewhere:

"But they do not conform to the guidelines that Princess puts out for Formal nights. If not dressed to those guidelines then you should eat in either the buffet or a specialty restaurant. Why should there be any leeway given to women and not for men. Sounds like sex discrimmination. "

and you will do what you please until told otherwise:

"Where I stand on the dress codes is to wear what the staff on the ship permits and conform to the guidelines established by that ship for that cruise. aif the dining rooms staff permits it then I could care less what some one I do not know says. I stand on that prnciple and will always stand on it. All others have no say so."

A previous poster put it well when they said the guidelines are always the same. It is their enforcement that varies.

You are wrong again. I will do what Princess allows not what I please. You commented as if the per centages were accurate which they are not. So instead of trying to put eords in my posting that are not there why not understand what I posted and realize I care less what others want.

T

A previous poster put it well when they said the guidelines are always the same. It is their enforcement that varies.

It is funny how some people on the Princess boards will always say you need to follow the guidelines when it comes to dress or eat somewhere else.

Yet you will see the same people who tell others when they have questions about "staggered boarding" to ignore the time Princess sets for them and show up early.

Wanting their cake and eating it too!!!

You are wrong again. I will do what Princess allows not what I please. You commented as if the per centages were accurate which they are not. So instead of trying to put eords in my posting that are not there why not understand what I posted and realize I care less what others want.

Now I understand.

I will dine in the MDR on formal nights on any cruise Where I stand on the dress codes is to wear what the staff on the ship permits and conform to the guidelines established by that ship for that cruise.

The problem, or challenge, with the situation as described is that you don't know what will be permitted or established until you are on-board, so if not prepared for two or three situations then might be off-side.

As posters have mentioned, enforcement varies. But I realize not by a huge amount.

Or. maybe your point is that you dress in a certain way that is dressed up for dinner, but might not fit everyone's definition of formal and if it doesn't suit the MDR on that ship, you can go elsewhere.

We're thinking of passing on the jacket and tie this fall. One or the other can certainly pass muster, but the savings in packing would be the jacket. Or maybe we'll just do specialty those two nights.

I see the usual suspects have weighed in again.

Yes you are and right on time. I do notice you are the third poster on this thread and usually are one of the first five. So you are on the money.

Edited by Potstech