Celebrity Hawaii, only one in 2017?

emelle

Fairly new here, but have learned so much from these boards...thank you.

We are thinking ahead about a cruise to/from/around Hawaii and have looked at all the usual cruise lines. For many reasons, we have to plan ahead and are looking at 2017.

We like Celebrity and while I see several Celebrity Hawaii cruises, back and forth to Vancouver in 2016, there is only one in 2017...on May 7. I figured out from that cruise's roll call that this is the 2nd part of a cruise that starts in Australia (as best I remember). Essentially all of the suites/rooms we would like are already "sold out."

Can I anticipate that Celebrity will add more sailing dates in 2017 to Hawaii at a later date, or are they trimming this market out or what? Any help would be appreciated.

Also, is there a "glossary" for abbreviations used on cruise critic boards? I have figured out many of them, but TA (not travel agent, that doesn't fit) leaves me stumped.

Thanks, and if you think this would be better on the Hawaii board, I will try it there....emelle

The Celebrity Century use to do Hawaii round trip from California . Now their is not a Celebrity ship that does it . I sure hope they have the Infinity doing it for 2017 . I have done the Solstice from Honolulu to Ensenada. Now it does Vancouver . Please Celebrity bring back at least 1 round trip to Hawaii from California.

As someone else said it is now part of the Solstices repositioning from the Alaska back to Australia. Last October we picked it up early October in Hawaii so I would think the Vancouver to Hawaii be late September.

We booked really early, almost as the cruise was announced, and it did fill fast. Lots of Aus and NZ folks having flown to Alaska for the last Alaska cruise of the season and then followed on the two legs of the Trans Pacific. Time in Hawaii for the folks on the full cruise was fairly limited and I am fairly sure does not cover all the islands. So unless Celebrity do introduce a California/Hawaii return you may want to also look at other lines.

New itineraries usually out November. Hope you find your dream cruise!