Oasis - table for one

I am traveling solo on Oasis this fall. I am looking forward to a respite from some elder care responsibilities at home. I'd like to dine alone some nights. May I reserve a table for one in advance in one of the no-fee dining rooms or does RCI frown on "wasting" a table on one person? Making small talk with strangers really zaps my energy and I am hoping to use this trip to recharge, not expend.

Thanks.

Vicki

How about the buffet where it's not crowded and you can sit by yourself.

No reason for the OP to feel relegated to the WJ...they can enjoy the service of the MDR or MTD easily at a requested table for one...or the WJ when ever they desire.

Enjoy OP....you deserve a break :)

Why should someone who wants to eat alone be relegated to the buffet? They pay their fare, they should get a table for one in either the regular or My Time dining room without any hassle if they want to eat alone. I cruise alone 50% of the time and there was one cruise I went on by myself that I really needed to relax and recharge...and I had no problem getting a table for myself in the dining room. I also had no problems getting a table for myself in any of the specialty restaurants. I returned from that cruise relaxed and recharged and ready to face another 48 weeks at the long term facility where I work.

I am traveling solo on Oasis this fall. I am looking forward to a respite from some elder care responsibilities at home. I'd like to dine alone some nights. May I reserve a table for one in advance in one of the no-fee dining rooms or does RCI frown on "wasting" a table on one person? Making small talk with strangers really zaps my energy and I am hoping to use this trip to recharge, not expend.

Thanks.

Vicki

By all means...My Time Dining in the MDR will be perfect for you and you can make advance reservations if you choose. Simply request a table for one...no problem at all. Enjoy your cruise, relax and recharge!

Thanks.

Vicki

Absolutely 100% not a problem at all. Enjoy

I agree with the suggestion to use My Time Dining and just ask for a table for one. They will be delighted to accommodate you.

I disagree, however, with those who object to being "relegated" to the buffet. I enjoy eating dinner in the Windjammer. The OP may enjoy it, too.

Thanks.

Vicki

I cruised solo on the Oasis TA cruise in October 2014, had MTD, requested a table for one every night, and enjoyed myself! Some nights I reserved ahead, some nights I did not. There are many opportunities to interact with your fellow cruisers if you choose.:)

I agree with the suggestion to use My Time Dining and just ask for a table for one. They will be delighted to accommodate you.

I disagree, however, with those who object to being "relegated" to the buffet. I enjoy eating dinner in the Windjammer. The OP may enjoy it, too.

Sorry you misunderstood my response and terminology about being "relegated" to the buffet. It was meant for the poster I quoted.

We too eat many breakfasts, lunches and dinners in the WJ...on many cruises we never set foot in the dining room.

I just came off a solo trip on the Rhapsody. I never had an issue getting a table to myself (although the tables for two are inches away so not really by yourself). A few nights I shared and a few nights alone-- you are more likely to have an issue wanting to share and not being able to, versus the other way. One night I came in around 8:30 and there were no options to share a table.

to heck with that.

asking for solo seat in MTD is perfectly acceptable.

also, look at the budget to see if you can splurge on Specialty. they may even offer specials and discounts if you ask nicely.