Topic about gold/silver by the inch?

eng4

I remember recently seeing a conversation about the gold/silver they sell on the ships by the inch. I was surprised to see a lot of negatives since I haven't had any problems with my silver set. I wanted to go back and finish reading them but cant find it. Anyone have the link?

I had a gold bracelet that tarnished badly, but then I worn it a lot. I have also made myself a lanyard from the gold which I wear at night when dressed up. I just pop the card down the front of what I am wearing and just show the chain. It has worn well. K

I have gold and silver, and both haven't tarnished. They wear very nicely.

First Cruise - Carnival Dream 2011, 7 nights

Eastern Carribean

Carnival Fantasy - 10th Anniversary Cruise to

Nassau/Freeport, 5 nights

Carnival Liberty - 7 nights with the whole family. Western Caribbean

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My silver set I bought two years ago is in perfect condition but I don't wear it all the time. My friend wears a silver bracelet she had made more then 5 years ago in the shower and everything and its still perfect. Weird. Maybe the silver lasts better then gold?

I remember recently seeing a conversation about the gold/silver they sell on the ships by the inch. I was surprised to see a lot of negatives since I haven't had any problems with my silver set. I wanted to go back and finish reading them but cant find it. Anyone have the link?

Gold and silver is valued by weight not length. Its a great money maker for the cruise lines as well as a lot of people selling at flea markets... They sell a roll to the vendor and he is then able to sell by the inch for a lot more then the roll is worth...

We bought it our first few cruises as a fun memento. At the time we were told if anything happened (clasp broke, etc) we could bring it on our next cruise and they would fix it. Well it happened and on our next cruise we were given cards to send it to Miami for someone to fix. We immediately stopped purchasing it and I still have the baggy of broken chains in my jewelry box.

I love my inch of gold. it turned, so on my next cruise I asked if they would replace it, and they did with no problem. I don't

understand the negative comments. it says lifetime guarantee, and the kids in that dept. were so nice we never had any lip service

I bought a necklace and a bracelet several years ago and they both turned my neck and wrist green. Never again.

For me something is a "bargain" if I get the real deal for a low price!

Since this stuff is not "real" it is not a bargain. it's just inexpensive and so that's why there are lots of negative comments. It is kind of like saying "I got Motel 6 for under $100" when that is probably the normal price.

Edited by riffatsea

For me something is a "bargain" if I get the real deal for a low price!

Since this stuff is not "real" it is not a bargain. it's just inexpensive and so that's why there are lots of negative comments. It is kind of like saying "I got Motel 6 for under $100" when that is probably the normal price.

But dont you just hate it when you wear something and your skin turns green?