carry canned drinks in luggage

pink roses

We like to walk on the ship with very little in our arms and have our luggage delivered. We have in the past given our allowed amount of canned drinks to the porter in a suitcase and never had breakage or problems. Is this still allowed?

From Carnival's Website:

A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, and milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought onboard on embarkation day and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.

From Carnival's Website:

A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, and milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought onboard on embarkation day and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.

Thanks, I knew the amounts just was not sure of the other details. Thanks for your answer

IF Security/customs find it in your luggage it will be taken away and not given back... It's up to you if you're willing to chance it or not...

Pretty sure Customs doesn't care or check what you take out of the US onto the ship, just what you bring back to the US.

Edited by lizardhowson

Since their is no communication between those checking your carry-ons and your checked luggage the possibility that cans in your checked luggage will be confiscated is high if/when they are discovered. Since there is a set limit of beverages allowed there is no way that someone can validate that you are not bringing on more than allowed if it is in your checked luggage.

And trust me when your cans go through x-ray they will show up, easily.

Edited by Sweet Dutch Girl

Since their is no communication between those checking your carry-ons and your checked luggage the possibility that cans in your checked luggage will be confiscated is high if/when they are discovered. Since there is a set limit of beverages allowed there is no way that someone can validate that you are not bringing on more than allowed if it is in your checked luggage.

And trust me when your cans go through x-ray they will show up, easily.

A can is a can to an x ray, so plan on a suitcase being opened to be identified and likely taken. Bring your soda with you like the rest of us do.

Several years ago in Galveston, a porter took our beverage bag (I had put a luggage tag on it). I told him it had drinks in it. He said that was ok. It was delivered to our cabin with no problems but with all the changes I would not try it.

When we board, we find a place and leave our beverage bag if we need to. If someone steals it, no big deal but so far no body has bothered it.

When I was in Baltimore last week they opened my 3-12 packs of soda

Since you are allowed a 12 pack per person (in your carry-on), there have to be more details ...

Or someone was "really" thirsty.

Edited by lizardhowson

A can is a can to an x ray, so plan on a suitcase being opened to be identified and likely taken. Bring your soda with you like the rest of us do.

I have done it all.... brought coke cards, packed it in a suitcase and brought it on as you say like the rest of you. I know things have changed in the last couple years since I have cruised.

Several years ago in Galveston, a porter took our beverage bag (I had put a luggage tag on it). I told him it had drinks in it. He said that was ok. It was delivered to our cabin with no problems but with all the changes I would not try it.

When we board, we find a place and leave our beverage bag if we need to. If someone steals it, no big deal but so far no body has bothered it.

What does this mean?

gary

I have done it all.... brought coke cards, packed it in a suitcase and brought it on as you say like the rest of you. I know things have changed in the last couple years since I have cruised.

What are coke cards?

gary

After seeing all the luggage piled in those bins in port, no way I would check canned drinks in my luggage. I would be afraid my suitcase would be on the bottom & those cans would burst all in my luggage.

Anyway, CCL wants them in your carryon.