Will Celebrity include Bev Package for TA?

jeno

[quote name='ORV']I recently received an email from Celebrity, not a travel agency, promoting the combination River Cruise/Transatlantic program that they recently announced. I think it was with Amras or Amas River cruises. I forget which ship the TA was on, but it included a premium beverage package in the pricing. That said it was quite expensive. It did include a couple of hotel stays as well as the flight from where the River cruise ended to Rome, where the TA started. If I remember correctly pricing started around 7k PP. I was quite surprised to see a beverage package included on the TA.

Anyone else get this email?[/QUOTE]

Here's the link to the package I mentioned above. It is a Classic Package instead of premium. Scroll to the bottle half of the page to see what all is included.

[url]http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/rhine-caribbean-transatlantic#breadcrumbs&panel1-1[/url]

So yes, you buy the right vacation package and you'll get a drink package on a Transatlantic.

[quote name='Lisah101']That link didn't work for me, get a sorry we can't display this page[/QUOTE]

Worked for me. [url]http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/rhine-caribbean-transatlantic#breadcrumbs&panel1-1[/url]

[quote name='dmk'][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Navy"]The last time they allowed the bev package was on our westbound TA in Nov. of 2013[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

We have the classic drinks package free with our TA this coming October - we upgraded to premium at only £101 each for the 13 nights.

re let's look at bookings..............

These stats are all prior to cruiselines such as Princess now offering the bev package. Lets look at the stats in the coming months to see if Celebrity cruisers remain faithful.

People want value for money which for us includes a similar experience to Celebrity.

[quote name='Blondie008']We have the classic drinks package free with our TA this coming October - we upgraded to premium at only £101 each for the 13 nights.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Navy"]Well done:) I believe that is offered in the UK but not in Canada or USA.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I also wanted to say we have a free drinks package with our Reflection TA in October and we had it last year on our Eclipse TA.
We are from the UK though and it was only offered through Celebrity UK, which makes a change for us to have a perk like this, as we are always jealous of your price drops and special promotions! :D

[quote name='karpela']I also wanted to say we have a free drinks package with our Reflection TA in October and we had it last year on our Eclipse TA.
We are from the UK though and it was only offered through Celebrity UK, which makes a change for us to have a perk like this, as we are always jealous of your price drops and special promotions! :D[/quote]

I'm on the same TA as you, and i have yet to see one single offer for OBC, drinks or discounts. Booked with a agency, but transferred to Celebrity, since there was no advantage of feeding a useless agent without them giving me any perks. I have also checked with other agencys here, but there seems to be nothing to be had :(

[quote name='karpela']I also wanted to say we have a free drinks package with our Reflection TA in October and we had it last year on our Eclipse TA.
We are from the UK though and it was only offered through Celebrity UK, which makes a change for us to have a perk like this, as we are always jealous of your price drops and special promotions! :D[/QUOTE]

And refundable deposits ;)

[quote name='K3nn7']I'm on the same TA as you, and i have yet to see one single offer for OBC, drinks or discounts. Booked with a agency, but transferred to Celebrity, since there was no advantage of feeding a useless agent without them giving me any perks. I have also checked with other agencys here, but there seems to be nothing to be had :([/QUOTE]How difficult was it to move your reservation from the agency back to Celebrity?

[quote name='cadburysmom']How difficult was it to move your reservation from the agency back to Celebrity?[/quote]

Just sent a short e-mail to the agency the booking was done with, and they dealed with Celebrity.

On another note, it seemed that i did the right thing by booking on saturday. Today, i checked what it would cost for the premium package, and it has gone up about 120USD (Celebrity makes me pay in my local currency)! Exchange rates are a funny business...

[quote name='K3nn7']Just sent a short e-mail to the agency the booking was done with, and they dealed with Celebrity.

On another note, it seemed that i did the right thing by booking on saturday. Today, i checked what it would cost for the premium package, and it has gone up about 120USD (Celebrity makes me pay in my local currency)! Exchange rates are a funny business...[/QUOTE]Thanks and holy cow, that's a big difference!

[quote name='bogeycruiser']We're booked on the Exuinox transatlantic next April. Some here have said the beverage package isn't allowed on transatlantic cruises, I understand that they don't offer it as a perk but are they available for purchase?[/

Yes - you can purchase a beverage pkg. But, few people do.

My DH purchased one for our first TA, which was also our first Celebrity cruise. At times , he was the only person at the pool bar! We were beginning to think that Celebrity cruisers were a very quiet crowd... And then it was time for the Elite Happy Hour-- WOW!! What a difference 3 free vouchers can make. The party had started !! LOL

After dinner, Dh would pick up a drink at the bar to take with him into the theatre, where service was slow. As we were walking, I noticed that he was getting some "frowns" from some passengers, making me wonder... "Is it considered inappropriate to carry a drink from one venue to another?" And no- he was not tipsy or spilling his drink! :eek:

[quote name='metrolady'] After dinner, Dh would pick up a drink at the bar to take with him into the theatre, where service was slow. As we were walking, I noticed that he was getting some "frowns" from some passengers, making me wonder... "Is it considered inappropriate to carry a drink from one venue to another?" And no- he was not tipsy or spilling his drink! :eek:[/QUOTE]

That IS odd....we do that all the time, bring a drink into the theater...never noticed any frowns....

anyway, no it's not inappropriate...we see people do it frequently...maybe they were jealous that he had a drink and they didn't!!!:):eek: