Princess Health Form

Cruiser-66

a) The last time we cruised, the form had the name of the ship pre-printed on it. I suspect turning in a form that says, for example, Emerald Princess, when you are boarding the Royal Princess might raise some eyebrows.

b) The form is usually handed to us as we arrive near the entrance door and we fill it our while waiting on line for security. Thus it is all filled out before reaching the the ladies at the tables. They do not have to see us fill it out, but they have to mark it that they have checked it to see it was filled out.

I have found having our own pens in our carry on makes it go just that much faster and one less item that everyone else has touched.

THANK YOU for the discreet reminder to make sure I have a pen in my handbag! As, this time, I'm staying with family before boarding, there's a REAL possibility I'd forget to make sure I had a pen in my handbag-a stern note to double-check that has been added to the packing list!

Hi All,

It will be first cruise on a Princess in October, it now seems archaic that paper forms are now used. The last time I sailed was in May when the health form was on an electronic tablet, the whole boarding process took less than 5 minutes from walking into the terminal to boarding the ship.

I had printed out my on-line check in forms, this has a bar code on it, that was scanned by the lady who then checked my passport asked a few health questions, I then signed the tablet, through security and straight onto the ship.

Pete

Hi All

The whole point of the form is to provide current and accurate health info.

But does it, never seen anyone tick I have noro

Have seen a couple pulled out of line because they looked very ill

So if folks always say everything is fine, the only purpose can be to protect

Princess from lawyers and to make us feel better that they are trying their best to

look after us

yours Shogun

I see you've never encountered the "form ladies." :D The forms must be filled out and signed in their presence. They even "help" you by asking your cabin number and writing that in for you. When you go over to the escalator to go up to registration, a sharp-eyed lady of the form brigade takes your form out of your hand, scrutinizes it, and then hands it back if you are approved. They know who has been at the form tables and who hasn't because they stand there and watch. I am terrified of them! ;)

Shredie - it was a rhetorical question/response to hrhdhd's comment because I have indeed encountered the form ladies! I do what they ask and move on as quickly as possible :D (which, truth be told, is usually very quickly).

Edited by capriccio

Hi All,

It will be first cruise on a Princess in October, it now seems archaic that paper forms are now used. The last time I sailed was in May when the health form was on an electronic tablet, the whole boarding process took less than 5 minutes from walking into the terminal to boarding the ship.

I had printed out my on-line check in forms, this has a bar code on it, that was scanned by the lady who then checked my passport asked a few health questions, I then signed the tablet, through security and straight onto the ship.

Pete

I think that is an excellent idea. I think it would be faster.

In San Pedro, the completed forms are marked by one of the "form ladies" (although some are men, so not an entirely accurate description). The people at check in upstairs look for those markings. If they're not on the completed form, I've seen where they send you back to get them.

So, just take a pen and complete the form there and get them to sign off. It's much quicker that going back downstairs to get their initials on a form you completed in your room and bypassing the forms counters. I've also seen the people at the stairs/escalator checking the forms and sending people back who they didn't see stop at the counter, despite showing completed forms.

LOL! It's true. The form ladies will not let you go through until they see with their own eyes that you have filled out and signed the form.

I see you've never encountered the "form ladies." :D The forms must be filled out and signed in their presence. They even "help" you by asking your cabin number and writing that in for you. When you go over to the escalator to go up to registration, a sharp-eyed lady of the form brigade takes your form out of your hand, scrutinizes it, and then hands it back if you are approved. They know who has been at the form tables and who hasn't because they stand there and watch. I am terrified of them! ;)

The "Form Ladies" are scarier than a High School principal. :D

Pick up an extra copy when you board. Then scan it on your computer. Print it out when you are ready to cruise again. ;) No stopping to fill anything out. Easy peasy.

I think the form ladies (and they were all ladies on the Royal in Southampton in June) would require you to bring back the spoilt form before they reissued a new one.

My GF checked 'yes' once, she was taken out of line, asked to wait for medical staff that never showed up after 2 hours. Then they allowed us to board, aand quarenteed her in the cabin until medical staff showed up, after another hour no one showed up. Finally got a phone call telling us they couldn't make it to the room, and everything was ok.

What a joke, 4 hours wasted for being honest, and they didn't care enough to follow up on the form.

Edited by M4dC0w

My GF checked 'yes' once, she was taken out of line, asked to wait for medical staff that never showed up after 2 hours. Then they allowed us to board, aand quarenteed her in the cabin until medical staff showed up, after another hour no one showed up. Finally got a phone call telling us they couldn't make it to the room, and everything was ok.

What a joke, 4 hours wasted for being honest, and they didn't care enough to follow up on the form.

Probably was not prepared for when someone checked "yes" on the form. They did not know how to react to that since it was probably the first time they had seen it. Too bad they wasted your time.

We are sailing the Ruby Princess end of August and would like to fill out the health form ahead of time. Where can I find a copy to print off?

I've attached a copy of the form. Fill out the form ahead of time and just answer the 4 questions the day of the cruise. To make your trip through security and check-in as efficient as possible, take your completed health form and your eBoarding pass folded in half with the printed info on the outside and place them on the photo page of your passport. Have your passport in your hand when you enter the terminal building and you'll have everything you need handy and all together which will help to get you onboard as quickly as possible.

Tom

Health forms-300dpi.pdf

Edited by Pierlesscruisers

That is not the case at all of the ports. At least it's not the case in Seattle.

Tom

Just a guess, but i find it very unlikely that anyone would mark an answer on that form that says "sure, I'm sick, deny me boarding":rolleyes:

While answering yes might get you denied, that is not always the case at all. Usually, the ship's doctor is called and talks to the person and makes a decision at that point. Occasionally, the person may be asked to stay in their cabin for a period of time.

Tom

Probably was not prepared for when someone checked "yes" on the form. They did not know how to react to that since it was probably the first time they had seen it. Too bad they wasted your time.

Do you honestly believe that the medical personnel on a ship carrying up to 3200 or more passengers on dozens of cruises a year had never seen a yes answer or don't know what to do when a question on the health form was answered with a yes? :confused:

And, yes, it was unfortunate that they didn't check into the situation as they should have.

Tom

Edited by Pierlesscruisers

Takes 30 seconds to fill the form when you are expecting it and prepared, how much time do you waste if yiu have a pre-filled form and they decide to make you fill it out on the spot again?

Do you honestly believe that the medical personnel on a ship carrying up to 3200 or more passengers on dozens of cruises a year had never seen a yes answer or don't know what to do when a question on the health form was answered with a yes? :confused:

And, yes, it was unfortunate that they didn't check into the situation as they should have.

Tom

You never know..........was trying to figure out why Princess had them wait so long. Just speculation like we all do ;). What is your reasoning behind them waiting Tom ?

You never know..........was trying to figure out why Princess had them wait so long. Just speculation like we all do ;). What is your reasoning behind them waiting Tom ?

That's a good question and one for which I don't have a good answer. To be honest, I find it surprising and while I'm not doubting what was said here, I do wonder what the actual facts are on the matter. Normally, what happens is that the ship's doctor is contacted and, depending on the situation, the doctor will either come ashore and talk to the person or talk to them via phone or radio and ask a number of questions and make a decision based on that discussion. Not being a medical person, I don't have any idea what might be discussed, but whether the symptoms were 3 days ago or that day, how high the fever was, how long the fever was around, all of that as well as any number of other conditions, etc. might tell the doctor whether the cause might be just a relatively minor thing or an indicator of something more serious.

I would have to believe, however, that there must have been something that told the doc in this case that whatever had caused the lady's situation wasn't all that serious. I would hope that a doctor, knowing how serious a contagious condition can become very quickly, would not make a decision in a casual manner.

Tom