Is there a waiting list for Christmas cruises?

indiana123

An excited other half surprised me today saying he would like to go on the QE Christmas cruise to the Canaries, staying in a Princes Suite.

It crossed my mind that time is short for Christmas bookings and I was right cabin not available.

I am waiting for Cunard to ring me but that could take time, and we must look elsewhere.... but we were wondering if some people drop out around the time of final payment, and if so whether there would be a kind of waiting list.

Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks

Edited by indiana123

Staying close to the website is clearly good advice. However, you can also go on the wait list - https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/before-you-sail/wailist. Either way, Christmas cruises are very popular and I suspect you are in the lap of the (Cunard) gods.

Good advice regarding the waiting list. I was on the waiting list for a recent cruise, the website continued to show sold out meanwhile I was offered a place in my chosen category by Cunard.

M-AR

It would make sense to book a balcony - and make the necessary plans/arrangements to sail: not as posh, but not so bad. Is it really practical to keep hoping that a Princess suite might open up at the last minute and then try get one's act together in a day or so?

Not something I would do - book a category I really didn't want but then hope for an upgrade to become available. I guess it depends whether someone's priority is to get on the ship in whatever is available vs. getting the preferred stateroom. PG means Grills dining and amenities that a Britannia balcony doesn't provide.

The PG and QG on this year's QE Christmas cruise have been sold out for some time on the Australian site.

PG sold out months ago, while QG finally sold out a few weeks back.

I booked a specific stateroom back in November last year for this cruise - lucky I did as the category was soon sold out.

I remember being on QM2 a couple of Christmases ago and there being a queue of people rebooking for the following Christmas at the Cunard desks. Apparently by the end of the 12 nights the ship was already half full for the following year.

It seems Christmas attracts repeat cruisers. That was certainly the case on QM2.

An excited other half surprised me today saying he would like to go on the QE Christmas cruise to the Canaries, staying in a Princes Suite.

It crossed my mind that time is short for Christmas bookings and I was right cabin not available.

I am waiting for Cunard to ring me but that could take time, and we must look elsewhere.... but we were wondering if some people drop out around the time of final payment, and if so whether there would be a kind of waiting list.

Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks

We are booked on QM2 Grand carribean and there were only a few about 10 days ago, I would suggest you use a trave agent they will trawl for you and get back + you will be speaking to the same person each time. They do not cost more than doing yourself or the C site. That's my experience.

Re booked up many americans book acruise and then cancel 90 days before start date, as they do not lose deposit. Or book a balcony and hope for an upgrade.

The waiting list is definitely worth a try. We have been 'waitlisted' twice and on both occasions we were contacted by Cunard and offered a cabin. I think you can waitlist for more than one category of cabin. We were given the available cabin number and had to get back to Cunard within 48 hours otherwise the cabin is offered to the next on the list.

Good Luck!

Is it three months before for final payment?

Bit puzzled as to why they want personal details, including ages, before they waitlist you... but at least we are on it.:)

Final payment is 90 days before sailing, so it's about 7 weeks away.

As to the personal details, I guess they are treating you as a potential passenger and by having this information, your transition from wait list to confirmed (let's hope) will be that much simpler.

Final payment is 90 days before sailing, so it's about 7 weeks away.

As to the personal details, I guess they are treating you as a potential passenger and by having this information, your transition from wait list to confirmed (let's hope) will be that much simpler.

That sounds right. :)

In the US, people do book with the intention of canceling if the prices don't drop considerably. Good Luck