B745 Naples Suite Island Princess - post dry dock

4hends

Nice pictures - thank you!

It looks like there is no wet bar and that the seating area only has a loveseat, not a full size couch. Is that true? That's what Princess did with the Owner's Suites on the Royal (and, I presume, the Regal) and in my estimation that is a definite downgrade compared to the full suite set ups on other ships in the fleet. I'd also miss the jetted tub that older Princess ships have in their full suites

Edited by capriccio

Our stateroom was LOVELY! Can't say enough about how wonderful this suite is!

Click here for pictures of B745 from our recent Grand Med cruise. Enjoy!

We're booked in D701 on the Coral for 10 days. Your photos give us an idea what to expect. Thanks for sharing. The suite looks lovely!

We're booked in D701 on the Coral for 10 days. Your photos give us an idea what to expect. Thanks for sharing. The suite looks lovely!

Your suite is an old one and not one of the ones added several months ago in dry dock so it will look different. In my mind, yours is better - you will have a jetted tub, couch and not a love seat, wet bar with more counter space and more room. We hated the new aft owner suites on the Royal and I am afraid they screwed the new Island ones up.

enjoy

. We hated the new aft owner suites on the Royal

I couldn't agree more. I had E729 and was very disappointed. We couldn't fit even 8 people into the sitting area comfortably for a sailaway party; it was poorly designed with much wasted space. The doorway between the sitting area and the bedroom was narrow and always a nuisance. And that huge wrap around balcony was a complete waste--it was covered in oily soot every morning and had no shade.

I'm just glad I took it as an upsell; I would have been furious if I had paid full retail.

I couldn't agree more. I had E729 and was very disappointed. We couldn't fit even 8 people into the sitting area comfortably for a sailaway party; it was poorly designed with much wasted space. The doorway between the sitting area and the bedroom was narrow and always a nuisance. And that huge wrap around balcony was a complete waste--it was covered in oily soot every morning and had no shade.

I'm just glad I took it as an upsell; I would have been furious if I had paid full retail.

Was your aft suite one of the new ones they added to the very back during the refit? We are in D702 and wondered if they redid all the suites. I thought I was going to have a jetted tub. I hope so!

Sorry for the confusion, GREGS1GIRL; I was responding to this statement in the post before mine:

We hated the new aft owner suites on the Royal

We were expressing our displeasure with the Owner's Suites on Royal Princess. As far as I know they haven't made any changes to the Vista Suites on Dolphin Deck on Island Princess.

Our aft suite was brand new. We were the 4th cruise after dry dock. Our suite was brand new. It is so lovely. Pictures don't do it justice.

Good to hear they have wet bars.

Did you just have a side balcony or did you also have an aft balcony?

Also, do you know if the Aloha corner suites have wrap balconies?

thanks

4hends, thank you for the photos. How was the vibration? We just got one of the aloha side suites near yours through an upsell. Was wondering if that area was experiencing more than normal vibration. Thank you.

Edited by mina

Also, do you know if the Aloha corner suites have wrap balconies?

I can answer that for you if you would like.

The two side-facing Vista suites on the aft corners of Aloha Deck, A726 and A727 wrap around the corner and face aft. This is not as it appears in the deck plans. But recent photos show this is the way it is. Oddly enough the deck plans show the Penthouse suites on Lido deck, L721 and L722 as being wrap-around but they are not. They have aft sections but they do not go around the corners. Hope this helps.

17896136521_be08b355d6_b_zpsfbuborrt.jpg

17931184673_0d785f0c12_o_zpsccwumrv2.jpg

17931184743_106568a4d4_h_zpsqb5gqdxv.jpg

I've seen the first photo but the next ones seem to show more than other pictures that have been posted. I have inside pictures of the Lido corner suites but haven't seen any of the Aloha ones. I don't understand why they didn't put one of the sliding doors aft. I love looking back so now I will have to go out the side door and run back around the corner. Odd layout. It also looks like the two aft facing suites have a wider balcony than what their cabin actually is - that's what it appears like. At least the Aloha corners have a portion that is covered on the side. Those two middle suites have no cover - love the size of their balconies but not sure if I would want them.

Thanks for posting the pictures.

The aloha corner side suites have 617 ft and wrap around balcony per the deck plan descriptions and what I was told when calling.

The aloha suite description does not mention wrap around balcony, neither does the deck plan show a wrap balcony - it does say 617 sq ft. The Lido deck plan shows those corner suites as wrap around but they are not. I had the Lido one booked ever since they were announced and every time I talk to a Princess rep, none of them know anything about them being wrap balconies. The one I talked to last week said the Island was going into dry dock soon and cabins would be added. Can't believe the false information that they are passing on. I am not believing anything until I talk to someone that actually has stayed in them. BUt from the photos posted several weeks after dry dock, it still was hard to tell. Several people posted that they were 90% sure it did not wrap and a friend took pictures and visited the suite and told me it has a side balcony and an aft one but you have to go through the bedroom to get to the side balcony - not for me. Now I wish I would have asked him to look at the Aloha one but from the last pictures, it certainly looks like it wraps.

It also looks like the two aft facing suites have a wider balcony than what their cabin actually is - that's what it appears like. At least the Aloha corners have a portion that is covered on the side. Those two middle suites have no cover - love the size of their balconies but not sure if I would want them.

Yes. A728 and A729 appear to have balconies much wider than the suite itself. The side facing suites (A726 and A727 are set sideways and have considerable length. And it looks like there is a hallway between the side facers and the aft facers. So the suites themselves are not nearly as wide as the balconies make them appear. And you are right; the two middle suites look very exposed.

Several people posted that they were 90% sure it did not wrap and a friend took pictures and visited the suite and told me it has a side balcony and an aft one but you have to go through the bedroom to get to the side balcony

This definitely seems to be the situation. And yes, the Aloha suites clearly do wrap around--although why they didn't put a slider on the aft side is beyond me.

And it looks like there is a hallway between the side facers and the aft facers. So the suites themselves are not nearly as wide as the balconies make them appear.

I have always wondered about that hallway but not much on their deck plan appears to be as they show it so who knows!!!

If you click on the a726 suite on the deck map now it says wrap around balcony in red lettering. The side suites on lido do not say that when you click on the description. I think this was a recent update to the deck map.