B745 Naples Suite Island Princess - post dry dock

4hends

Our Naples Suite on Baja did not have a wrap around balcony. You can enter the balcony from either the sitting room or bedroom. I don't hand any pics but can tell you it was uncovered, and had a table with 2 chairs as well as a chaise lounge. We loved the balcony! Great to go out there at night for stargazing!

Our Naples Suite on Baja did not have a wrap around balcony. You can enter the balcony from either the sitting room or bedroom. I don't hand any pics but can tell you it was uncovered, and had a table with 2 chairs as well as a chaise lounge. We loved the balcony! Great to go out there at night for stargazing!

At least they didn't changed the description or deck plans for Baja suite. It's pretty easy to see that deck from the pictures.

But I can't believe they only gave you one lounge chair. Starting with the Royal, they eliminated two of the chairs at the table. By chance, did you ask where the second lounge chair was? Now that I look at the pictures, it looks like all of the suites only have one lounge chair. We book those aft suites so we can sit out and either get some sun, relax and have friends down.

Now we can invite friends down to stand around and have a drink. I might be on a couple midnight runs up to the pool for an extra chair or two. Starting to upset me at their suite prices when they keep taking things away.

Did you have a love seat instead of the sofa? And did your tub have jets? Might as well book a mini and then go to the Sanctuary rather than book a suite anymore or find a new cruiseline.

I'm glad we are starting to get some posts about the new aft cabins on the Island.

thanks to all of you for taking the time to tell us about them

4hends,

Just read a post from someone on my roll call that said they talked to one of the officers from the Island and he told them not to book any of the new cabins because they had too much vibration and that it was bad and there was nothing they cold do about it. And all he did was deal with complaints about it.

SO ---------------- did you have any vibration??????

I just made final payment last week and will not be very happy if that is the case. I don't sleep very well the way it is and 31 days is a long time to have to deal with it. Booked when the cruise opened and then switched to the the wrap around Lido cabin - changed to Aloha when the first pictures came out that showed it really wasn't a wrap balcony.

Looking forward to hearing your response. Thanks for the help.

4hends,

Just read a post from someone on my roll call that said they talked to one of the officers from the Island and he told them not to book any of the new cabins because they had too much vibration and that it was bad and there was nothing they cold do about it. And all he did was deal with complaints about it.

SO ---------------- did you have any vibration??????

I just made final payment last week and will not be very happy if that is the case. I don't sleep very well the way it is and 31 days is a long time to have to deal with it. Booked when the cruise opened and then switched to the the wrap around Lido cabin - changed to Aloha when the first pictures came out that showed it really wasn't a wrap balcony.

Looking forward to hearing your response. Thanks for the help.

Where is this post? I am not seeing it.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

There was a little vibration but nothing that I would complain about. We always book aft cabins and experience vibration. I had read about the bad vibration prior to our cruise and was looking for it. The vibration did cause a little rattle in the lamp beside my bed but I just put a towel on it at night and the it stopped. Honestly, it wasn't a big deal. My kids were in B731 (inside cabin) and vibration wasn't an issue there either.

However, we did experience one bad night noise-wise when we were dealing with the Syrian refugees stranded on a sailboat in the Adriatic. Our ship had to follow the sailboat for about 10 hours. When all this commotion was going on there was a lot of banging noise from that - bad enough that it woke us up throughout he night. The banging was from the boats hitting our ship. These boats we're bringing the refugees on board. That was bothersome.

Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...
There was a little vibration but nothing that I would complain about. We always book aft cabins and experience vibration. I had read about the bad vibration prior to our cruise and was looking for it. The vibration did cause a little rattle in the lamp beside my bed but I just put a towel on it at night and the it stopped. Honestly, it wasn't a big deal. My kids were in B731 (inside cabin) and vibration wasn't an issue there either.

However, we did experience one bad night noise-wise when we were dealing with the Syrian refugees stranded on a sailboat in the Adriatic. Our ship had to follow the sailboat for about 10 hours. When all this commotion was going on there was a lot of banging noise from that - bad enough that it woke us up throughout he night. The banging was from the boats hitting our ship. These boats we're bringing the refugees on board. That was bothersome.

Hope this helps.

Do you have any balcony pictures?

Our stateroom was LOVELY! Can't say enough about how wonderful this suite is!

Click here for pictures of B745 from our recent Grand Med cruise. Enjoy!

Just got an amazing upsell to B745! Your pictures are wonderful. Any balcony pictures? From the exterior it looks as if you can see aft as well as to the starboard, but you can't tell it from the floor plan. Was it larger than the usual Vista suite? (Had one several years ago.) Any pictures outside?

What is the deck chair arrangement? And how was your room steward?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

ForHends;

I've looked over your photos a few times now, and I can't see anything that would identify the presence of the wet-bar that you mentioned. Where was it located?

You also mentioned that the balcony was uncovered, but when I look at the various photos of the side of the ship, it seems as if the balcony is fully covered and that the balcony itself is not very deep at all. Can you please re-post and let us know?

For some reason, aft-suite photos are few in number. ColoCruiser has posted some of his aft Lido Deck and we are all so happy to see that his trip went very well.

thanks, scanditaly