Porch: Raw Bar & Seafood

TexSea

I was looking over the Celebrity Todays from a recent Reflection Eastern Med cruise. I noticed that for the Porch they listed it as "Raw Bar & Seafood" in the listing of the ship's restaurant hours. Is this new (or a misprint)? Last time we ate there it was paninis and cupcakes.

Thanks!

Great news. The porch location and design is wonderful, but the food wasn't...a raw bar and seafood will be an improvement. Will look forward to another S-class Caribbean. Is it only on Silloutte and Reflection?

Great news. The porch location and design is wonderful, but the food wasn't...a raw bar and seafood will be an improvement. Will look forward to another S-class Caribbean. Is it only on Silloutte and Reflection?

Is only available on those Solstice-Class ships that also offer Lawn Club Grille as a specialty dining venue... As such, you will only find The Porch on Silhouette and Reflection...

On the first three Solstice-Class ships--Solstice, Equinox, and Eclipse--the space occupied by those two restaurants is instead occupied by The Corning Hot Glass Show...

We've always liked the Porch. On our last cruise there was sometimes a wait on sea days. So I hope some of the same items remain as we really like the location. But if it's completely changed, just something new to try!

Isn't the Porch now up to the same price as the Bistro - $10? We ate in there once when it was $5. I wouldn't pay that much ever again for a Panini when they will fix you one in the buffet area for free.

The only other times we used the Porch was during the last 3-4 days of our Transatlantic when lunch was finished, around 2-3pm. It was a great place for a group of friends to gather, relax, and have everyone bring their remaining bottles of wine/champagne to share prior to the end of the TA. It was great fun.

We ate at the Porch last week on Reflection on embarkation day. Now open for dinner as well as lunch. Price has gone up to 25 pp and 5 pp more if you want to add a raw sea food tower, which we did. Food was great--lobster bisque, fish tacos, lobster rolls, and much more. i thought it was worth it. I should have taken a pic of the menu! They have a new casual dining package where if you buy that and Bistro and their new breakfast picnic package I think you got 15 percent off. Presumably it would also be party of the ultimate specialty dining package.

We ate at the Porch last week on Reflection on embarkation day. Now open for dinner as well as lunch. Price has gone up to 25 pp and 5 pp more if you want to add a raw sea food tower, which we did. Food was great--lobster bisque, fish tacos, lobster rolls, and much more. i thought it was worth it. I should have taken a pic of the menu! They have a new casual dining package where if you buy that and Bistro and their new breakfast picnic package I think you got 15 percent off. Presumably it would also be party of the ultimate specialty dining package.

So did you spend $30 with the tower per person for lunch or dinner? Dinner might be worth it but lunch....not so much.....

We did for lunch on embarkation day.... Had 700 OBC for that cruise plus drunk package and grats so decided to treat ourselves :)

$30 for a seafood tower alone is a steal!

Restaurants where I live charge generally $90 to $175.

Seafood is something that's been SORELY missing from Celebrity dining options, glad to see it coming around.

Now the trick is how to implement on other ships without Porch, Especially M class. Maybe there's something to be done in Martini Bar/Crush during the day when it's closed.

We did for lunch on embarkation day.... Had 700 OBC for that cruise plus drunk package and grats so decided to treat ourselves :)

we really liked the Porch on Silhouette....so will most likely try this on Reflection in April....but probably for dinner at some point....but who knows...we usually have a lot of OBC too so if it's "burning a hole in my pocket" to get used we might wind up there for lunch too.....

one of the things we liked about the Porch was how quiet/peaceful it was....kind a hidden place that not a lot knew about....I suspect that atmosphere could be lost if this becomes a popular spot now with the addition of the seafood items....we'll see!