Porch: Raw Bar & Seafood

TexSea

Am i reading this right, with the new seafood menu, the Porch is $25 per person, and and $5 for the raw tower?

That is correct. Same name but entirely different restaurant. No paninis.

Is this a dinner menu? When we sailed on Reflection, the Porch was not open for dinner, only for breakfast and lunch. If the $25 cover charge is for dinner time, can I still expect the breakfast and lunch menus to be $7?

Edited by SantaFeFan

How do I find out more about the "new" Porch? True to form, the X site mentions nothing about it.

A quick web search shows CC is the only place discussing it.

There was a post on their FB page, but I can't find it now. Is there way to do a search on FB. I google it, and it has the question but when you click thru just dumps you at top of the page.

Google displays this much:

Welcome to the official Facebook page of Celebrity Cruises.... ... Can you share info on raw bar items being offered at The Porch? ...What items are being offered ..

Dh has seafood allergies so one less spot for us to enjoy,...but sounds like a nice concept..

.Hope they'll still have the paninis at Bistro on 5...but if price there goes over $10 pp we'll have to think about it....

Happy with BLU !

RE X's FB Page: They never accurately answered the question about Raw Bar at The Porch. They directed us to their current Porch menu which did not reference any seafood and still had the fee for breakfast and lunch as $5...yes, $5. Never heard back from them after that was pointed out.

If someone does find the new menu, please attach here.

Thanks!!! :))

Edited by jenniebnyc

I posted on FB as well... here is their answer.

Question: Can you please tell me about the changes to the Porch? I've read that it is now a seafood restaurant. Is there a menu that can be posted? What is the price?

Question: Eileen Muti: Also looking for information on the new Casual Dining Package being offered on Reflection and the Breakfast Picnic option.

Answer: Celebrity Cruises Hi there, we have no changes to announce at this time.

Guess it's a secret experiment :)

Ok, I am officially recruiting anyone sailing the Reflection in the next few weeks to please try and get a pic of the new menu at the Porch. I hate when this kind of thing happens where I am so excited by an anecdotal reference only to be told by Celebrity that it officially doesn't exist.

Ok, I am officially recruiting anyone sailing the Reflection in the next few weeks to please try and get a pic of the new menu at the Porch. I hate when this kind of thing happens where I am so excited by an anecdotal reference only to be told by Celebrity that it officially doesn't exist.

I will try to do this, I depart next week.

Hi there,

We currently are piloting a new Porch concept onboard Reflection and Silhouette. However, since nothing is final, we don't have menus to share at this time. As soon as we learn more, we'll share information with you all. Thanks!

Would be really disappointed if this new change doesnt work out. Was so excited when i read that a raw bar was on board. Would gladly pay an up charge to have fresh seafood towers for lunch

Me too!!! That is the one thing that has always been missing for me on a ship. Is fresh seafood.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Would be really disappointed if this new change doesnt work out. Was so excited when i read that a raw bar was on board. Would gladly pay an up charge to have fresh seafood towers for lunch

Me too!! I have really missed having fresh seafood on cruises. On our first (as adults) cruise in 2003, I ate seafood every night for dinner and loved it. The last few years, there is always a fish selection, but not a seafood (i.e. scallops, scampi, crab, shrimp) entree. I know there is always shrimp cocktail available but I would love a meal of actual seafood. Here's hoping this experiment is still ongoing on our upcoming February Reflection cruise.

A seafood tower sounds like a great idea but, FYI, it would be from frozen fish. I don't think that would be a problem because fresh caught frozen fish can be good. The only problem that I have encountered, as I live in Florida, are frozen stone crabs; they stick to the shell once frozen and are very hard to remove.

We just went to the Top Chef event on Silhouette and the head chef mentioned that all of the proteins; ie, meat, seafood are are frozen for safety reasons. They also do not buy any seafood/meats from local ports.

A seafood tower sounds like a great idea but, FYI, it would be from frozen fish. I don't think that would be a problem because fresh caught frozen fish can be good. The only problem that I have encountered, as I live in Florida, are frozen stone crabs; they stick to the shell once frozen and are very hard to remove.

We just went to the Top Chef event on Silhouette and the head chef mentioned that all of the proteins; ie, meat, seafood are are frozen for safety reasons. They also do not buy any seafood/meats from local ports.

That is a little disappointing as I had pictured raw oysters, among other delicacies, on a seafood tower. I highly doubt that they would be good after being frozen. Still, I will hope for some seafood of any kind at the Porch! :)

Hi there,

We currently are piloting a new Porch concept onboard Reflection and Silhouette. However, since nothing is final, we don't have menus to share at this time. As soon as we learn more, we'll share information with you all. Thanks!

Hi Celebrity Cruises,

We appreciate your post. However, as this is being tested on Reflection and Silhouette, might it be possible to share a photo or two with us ? We'd like to "See Food" :) . Sorry, I couldn't resist :)

Thanks again !

Edited by Host Andy

We are booked on the Reflection for a transatlantic in April 2016, wondering how fresh seafood is after several days at sea, and do they restock perishables, like seafood at every port or just at the beginning of a cruise?

I am asking because on a recent TA (on Royal Caribbean) the sushi was tasting pretty bad by the end of the cruise.