Porch: Raw Bar & Seafood

TexSea

Menu is interesting but DH is allergic to most seafood

They do have a burger and a few other choices...but not worth a $25 upcharge so he can join me there...

we'll be looking elsewhere for the Paninis we used to enjoy up there..

They will make you a Panini at the Buffet during lunch at the "fix your own sandwich" bar.

Great move from the so so Panini's to the $25 Seafood Menu. The Modern Luxury crowd wants selections and will pay for it, just ask NCL how their doing with their new Meyer Werft Break Away, Get Away and now Escape ships? :D

Sad to see no oysters, since fresh is the only way, it's for sure fully understood. Ceviche, jumbo prawns, tuna tartare, steamed mussles, mahi tacos, lobster bisque. Can't wait for my January Silhouette cruise!!

Edited by ShakeDaddy

They will make you a Panini at the Buffet during lunch at the "fix your own sandwich" bar.

Thanks for the info..we usually do not visit the buffet but may be worth a visit, .I think they still have them at Bistro on 5 as well!

Edited by hcat

Forgot to mention,

if you google "seafood tower, portofino, royal caribbean" ....there are a few images, u tube , etc and comments. This was a huge favorite but I do not believe it is still on the revised Portofino menu....

no idea what the new Porch seafood tower looks like...but the generic name is the same...expect pics will be posted soon!

Just off the sillouette today. We had lunch at the porch on the last sea day. I had the tacos which were good not great. They used a hard shell and back home the place we go to uses a soft one so that's what I prefer. We did the tuna tartarre which I really enjoyed. Of course I had to try the seafood tower and thought it was well worth the extra 5 dollars. Nice size meal with 2 lobster tails. They didn't bring any cocktail sauce but ran and got me Some upon request. I like the atmosphere but it can get windy at times. My spouse had the chicken wings and they were very tasty. We also tried the white sangria and it was very refreshing for a lunch drink. The day we went it was quiet and not busy at all.

Just off the sillouette today. We had lunch at the porch on the last sea day. I had the tacos which were good not great. They used a hard shell and back home the place we go to uses a soft one so that's what I prefer. We did the tuna tartarre which I really enjoyed. Of course I had to try the seafood tower and thought it was well worth the extra 5 dollars. Nice size meal with 2 lobster tails. They didn't bring any cocktail sauce but ran and got me Some upon request. I like the atmosphere but it can get windy at times. My spouse had the chicken wings and they were very tasty. We also tried the white sangria and it was very refreshing for a lunch drink. The day we went it was quiet and not busy at all.

Thanks for update! Is X charging $25/pp for both lunch and dinner? Usually Lawn Grill cost less for lunch...:confused:

Edited by cruza

I'm a little confused.

Can you order more than one item? For instance Lobster Rolls are usually something I think of for lunch, if we were there for dinner I might want the lobster roll and the mussels. Can you get soup and salad?

:confused:

Hi there,

We currently are piloting a new Porch concept onboard Reflection and Silhouette. However, since nothing is final, we don't have menus to share at this time. As soon as we learn more, we'll share information with you all. Thanks!

Well hello.....

If you could get that done before November, that would be fantastic!

Be careful what you wish for. We are getting closer and closer to eliminating the mdr. The only food included will be the buffet.

What?? You can't be serious.

Removing of the MDR is never going to happen.....AND "Choices" are the future.

The Modern Luxury crowd enjoys, prefers selections and will pay for it. The more the better, ask NCL how their doing with their 3 new Meyer-Werft ships, Break Away, Get Away and now Escape ships?

The Escape alone has 8 specialty dining restaurants, 7 free dining restaurants (including the MDR) as well as 10 Bars and Lounges.

Edited by ShakeDaddy

Be careful what you wish for. We are getting closer and closer to eliminating the mdr. The only food included will be the buffet.

Buffet would go away first. There's far more wasted food and therefore better cost savings to be had there.

Of course at the same time, ships will have wings and fly from place to place too.

I'm a little confused.........

Can you get soup and salad?

:confused:

I'm interested to hear what you can order too. Very excited to try this on Reflection in a few weeks and hoping others come forward to say whether they've experienced it.

I will try to upload a picture of the menu. Overall we enjoyed our dinner there, the setting & service were delightful! But they still have some kinks to work out with the food. i.e. The corn soup was not hot when served, but was delicious once they heated it up. As someone else mentioned, the fish tacos had store bought crunchy shells, & they were cold, they would be much better with fresh warm corn tortillas. The lobster roll filling was yummy, it would have been perfect if the roll had not been cold & a bit dried out. These are all small, very fixable things. On the other hand, the romaine & avocado salad was perfect & my husband loved his Porch burger! We sat next to a couple who raved about the seafood tower, they had already eaten up there twice on our cruise. We would have returned for a 2nd try if we had found it earlier on. They weren't publicizing the venue very well. Our server mentioned it was a trial period & they were indeed "working out the kinks". The $25pp cover is more than fair for dinner, not sure I'd spend the extra $50 for lunch.

IMG_2536.jpg.1c61427ff34e3007a416a19f83919654.jpg

I will try to upload a picture of the menu. Overall we enjoyed our dinner there, the setting & service were delightful! But they still have some kinks to work out with the food. i.e. The corn soup was not hot when served, but was delicious once they heated it up. As someone else mentioned, the fish tacos had store bought crunchy shells, & they were cold, they would be much better with fresh warm corn tortillas. The lobster roll filling was yummy, it would have been perfect if the roll had not been cold & a bit dried out. These are all small, very fixable things. On the other hand, the romaine & avocado salad was perfect & my husband loved his Porch burger! We sat next to a couple who raved about the seafood tower, they had already eaten up there twice on our cruise. We would have returned for a 2nd try if we had found it earlier on. They weren't publicizing the venue very well. Our server mentioned it was a trial period & they were indeed "working out the kinks". The $25pp cover is more than fair for dinner, not sure I'd spend the extra $50 for lunch.

Awesome. Thanks for posting this! Very helpful. Looks good. Hope it's around for me to try in November.

I pulled the following picture off of the net, where it was purported to be a Seafood Tower from Portofino Restaurant on a Royal Caribbean ship.

Maybe someone who has been to one of the new Seafood and Raw Bars on Celebrity can let us know if this is anything like what is being offered. Thanks!

i-pjDWKkc-L.jpg