New Suite Amenities coming in January 2016

Old As Dirt Mom

I'd trade all the flowers, alcohol, private lounge stuff, bathrobe, slippers, and quite a lot more for having a coffee maker in my cabin though! Not a pod thing, but something I can use for GOOD coffee. (Yes, I'm a Seattle coffee snob! LOL)

Have you considered a personal-sized French Press? And your own supply of coffee? That has kept me sane, from time to time :D

Does anyone know if these in-suite coffee machines will have decaf sachets? Thanks.

I would THINK that ought to be an option, but I highly doubt anyone knows more about this topic than what is in this thread... it's brand new, not in effect yet and HAL doesn't even have it listed in their newest brochures or on their website.

Khoas,

If it is a pod machine you can find out what brand and bring you own pods. So very many types of coffee (common and exotic for which you can purchase beans) are now also available in pods. Not all, but you can buy so many that at least one "snob appeal" coffee will probably be available for you. (Also a Seattle coffee somewhat snob.) If I were very fussy I certainly would not depend on what coffee pods the cruise line offered. I would bring my own pods if I wanted a specific coffee.

For Keurig you can even fill your own pod with your coffee choice. Bring the beans, bring a grinder and the gold cup and go for it. I do not know if that is possible with other brand makers such as Nespresso.

Edited by wander

Have you considered a personal-sized French Press? And your own supply of coffee? That has kept me sane, from time to time :D

I've tried Starbucks instant at someone's suggestion in an old thread, but I hadn't thought of this. Something to consider. :)

BTW, I've been meaning to ask how you chose your moniker. There has to be an interesting story behind it I suspect! A former Miss Calgary Stampede? :D

ImageUploadedByForums1438813600.003944.jpg.08ddf04d8aad3e9304a243ada2dd1496.jpg

here. We just got it in the mail. I'm guessing it'll upload this small but it's all there as OP stated

Okay... it's small AND blurry... but you should be able to tell the spots that are all caps bold and black that say NEW in front of several items.

Edited by InTheWASide

[ATTACH]358160[/ATTACH]

here. We just got it in the mail. I'm guessing it'll upload this small but it's all there as OP stated

Okay... it's small AND blurry... but you should be able to tell the spots that are all caps bold and black that say NEW in front of several items.

Too small for me to see. I tried to enlarge but it pops me out of IPad.

😩

Denise:)

[ATTACH]358160[/ATTACH]

Yes, thank you, Wa Side; that's the catalog page to which I was referring. It's the only place I've seen any mention of new suite benefits. It raises a number of questions, which I hope will be answered over time.

Even though I live in WA I probably wouldn't use a coffee machine in the suite. I have no problem walking to the NL for my coffee.

Every cheap motel has in room coffee now- not a priority for me. I'm hoping it doesn't lead to cutting back NL benefits.

[ATTACH]358160[/ATTACH]

The funniest thing is they aren't new to Vista Suites. We have had them all except binoculars every time we've sailed in a Vista Suitr since 2012.

So, Thad said that the Neptune Lounge has those things and NOT the Neptune Suites. Doesn't the NL have those things now??

**And did he ever answer that last question?

I truly hope there aren't going to be inexperienced folks trying to use Espresso machines in cabins all over the ship.:eek:

My reading was that Thad did not say anything that wasn't already the existing practice regarding the Neptune Suites. He did not actually confirm anything about the brochure.

I manage with what I can get out of the hot water dispenser in the Lido. After a couple of days of "swill", that is better than "more swill" :D

Yeah, but that would still require going to the Lido deck EVERY time I wanted more coffee. I average 1.5 -2 pots (12 cup maker) a day. That's a lotta trips! Ship services told me they would be able to deliver a carafe of coffee at a time via room service, which means they could also do hot water, but that's going to be way too cool for a serviceable brew temp after first pressing, if not before. I'm figuring on just doctoring the swill and drinking that, along with a couple fills of my 20 oz mug at Explorations each day, for the most part. Even if the swill is REALLY bad, it won't kill me. It's gotta be better than mess hall coffee, right?? ;)

The binocs in the Neptune suites worked great, except when first coming out of the air conditioning into the Panama Canal humidity. Both my glasses and the binocs were totally steamed up.

That's what plastic bags are for.

When traveling in extreme climates, put the binoculars (or your camera & lenses) in a plastic bag before leaving the cabin. Then, when you carry it outside, the condensation will be on the outside of the bag. After a few minutes, when the object has acclimated, you can take it out without it fogging up.

Yeah, but that would still require going to the Lido deck EVERY time I wanted more coffee. I average 1.5 -2 pots (12 cup maker) a day. That's a lotta trips! Ship services told me they would be able to deliver a carafe of coffee at a time via room service, which means they could also do hot water, but that's going to be way too cool for a serviceable brew temp after first pressing, if not before. I'm figuring on just doctoring the swill and drinking that, along with a couple fills of my 20 oz mug at Explorations each day, for the most part. Even if the swill is REALLY bad, it won't kill me. It's gotta be better than mess hall coffee, right?? ;)

Our experience with room service "hot water" is that it comes in jugs that smell like tea :( OMG gross :(

Could you bring along your own thermos for hot water from the Lido? Do a french press and then put it into the thermos? Decent coffee is essential to my health and well-being -- sounds like it is to you, too.

We also bring along Via instant in Italian or French roast.

We received the Dream Book and I almost tossed it without reading it because we are not planning on taking a cruise for another year or so. But I flipped through it and on the last page is listed the four new items for the Neptune/Pinnacle suites as mentioned by another poster. So I guess I'll save this brochure for future reference!

As a Neptune Suite guest, I can't get too thrilled about the amenities they are adding to Neptune/Pinnacle Suites. No big deal, IMO. Actually, somewhat disappointing. :shrug: While Neptune is not open 24/7, having a coffee machine in my cabin is of little interest when I can get morning (and all day) coffee in Neptune. Big deal about a sound machine.

Edited by sail7seas

I'm with you Sail... Now, throw in a Signature Beverage Card and PG dinners or dedicated restaurant and you'll start getting my attention. I normally only have a couple of cups of coffee in the morning and find the NL a great place to have my coffee and chat about the upcoming day with new (or old) friends.

Like I said before I could stay at a Red Rood Inn and have a coffee machine in my room. I prefer hotels that I can either have coffee in the Club lounge or have it delivered to my room. I make my own coffee at home every morning- not what I really want to do on vacation.

Edited by frankc98376

I have to agree. I don't want a coffee maker in my cabin - apart from anything else it takes up room, and can be messy. I liked being able to go to the Neptune Lounge for coffee and possibly a snack, and enjoyed the interaction with the Concierges and anyone else who happened to be in there.