Verizon Wireless Royal Caribbean gift cards

The certificate can be used only for Royal Caribbean International services in accordance with terms and conditions outlined below. Certificates must be redeemed directly through Royal Caribbean International for the U.S. dollar value as outlined on the face of the certificate. Certificates can be used in multiples and can be used to supplement cash payment or credit card.

1. Travel agents, agencies or any other travel intermediary service cannot be used in conjunction with this certificate.

2. Deposit required at time of booking. Upon receipt of certificate any overpayment of booking will be refunded up to the amount of the required deposit applied.

3. All reservations are subject to availability. This certificate is valid for all ships, departures and stateroom categories.

4. To make reservations, call Royal Caribbean International at 877-912-7225. We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

5. Please reference that you are using a DR561 certificate when making your reservation.

6. Upon making your reservation, certificates must be forwarded to:

EXPRESS MAIL:

Royal Caribbean International

Attn: Accounting Department

1050 Caribbean Way

Miami, Florida 33132

7. Standard deposit and final payment policy applies.

8. Once a reservation has been made with a certificate, standard cancellation policies apply. This certificate will not be replaced if lost, stolen or destroyed.

9. This certificate is non-refundable and non-transferable.

10. Certificate cannot be applied to existing reservations and can only be used towards a new cruise booking.

11. This certificate cannot be applied to ship-board credit, excursions, or gratuities.

12. Optional trip insurance is available and recommended.

13. Tax liability is the responsibility of the certificate user.

14. Certificate is in US dollars and not redeemable for cash. No refund will be given if certificate value exceeds the total value of the cruise vacation.

Really? I called and confirmed that I could use it towards the balance on my existing booking... Maybe I should check again??

You need to read the terms and conditions. The T&C clearly state that: "10. Certificate cannot be applied to existing reservations and can only be used towards a new cruise booking." Also, must inform RCCI that you're using these at "time of reservation." I interpret that as saying that if you want to use $500 of these, you have to purchase them prior to making the reservation and can only apply these at the time you make the reservation.

When you call VW, be sure you have the webpage with the T&C up and ask them specifically about the T&C.

It also occurs to me that these restrictions may not be enforced by VW, but it maybe that RCCI is placing these restrictions so you might want to check both places.

I would like to know if it can be used with a TA or must it be direct with RCCI. Note term 6 saying you must express direct to RCCI.

Edited by RocketMan275

I have used the certificates before. I had an existing booking and purchased $1000 to put towards my balance. I filled them out and sent them in and they applied them to my bill. Only issue is that my booking that I originally did on my own on line was then switched over to appear as it was made by a travel agent. So even now where I owe money I cannot log into my booking and even see my balance. But that aside last week I ordered another $500 to pay off my balance. Total it saved me $150.

Verizon's Smart Rewards has updated their page to include RCI gift cards for 10% off per 1,000 points. I just got mine and thought I would share!

Can you clarify what this is all about. Is it a Verizon or RCL gift card and do you get an add'l $100 for every $1,000 in gift cards.

Can you clarify what this is all about. Is it a Verizon or RCL gift card and do you get an add'l $100 for every $1,000 in gift cards.

It's RCL gift cards that you buy from Verizon Wireless. You use your points to get a discount off the card. A $100 RCI gift card will cost $90 plus 1000 points.

I have an existing booking with a TA...not paid off yet. Can I buy one of these and use it with the TA? Just want to make sure before I buy it...

The rules clearly say no. But it also says only for new bookings and some have said it has worked on cruises already booked.

Amandakaye, it is a gift card purchased through Verizon. The general gc rules should apply ...

I know. I've purchased several carnival ones through smart rewards. What worries me is that the terms and conditions on the Verizon site say "for new bookings only" for the Royal Caribbean cards.

Thanks so much for posting this Princess Bride! I had no idea that Verizon had a rewards program. My husband just pays the bill online so I never saw anything about it. If things work out for me on some sales commissions I am working on for this fall, I will be able to seriously start planning to go on Harmony and will be beyond excited! I will graduate from just lurking and living vicariously through everyone else's cruises to actually going on one. And every little bit helps!