Elite status...monies earned with each progressive booking

WAVTAM

Maybe its just me, but you spend tens of thousands of dollars with Princess to take 21 cruises and they give you $25?! I love their product and they are still my go-to cruise line, but it just seems a bit cheap to me.

...but on the same breath your friends at HA, RCL and X are giving you what???????

I think I am on my 23rd with Princess. Rather than get $25 I would personally prefer a reduction in cabin price rather than 2 credits and the $25.After all have been paying for 2 when there has only been me.;)

...but on the same breath your friends at HA, RCL and X are giving you what???????

I have only cruised RCL once and Carnival once, so i don't see how they are "my friends". Other than that its been Princess. As I said it would not affect my choice, just making a comment. They give $100 military credit, which is well deserved. Was just wondering why this benefit was so low given what you have to spend to get there.

I have 21 cruise credits and am going on Caribbean Princess next Saturday for 14 nights but I have not had $25 credit applied. Do UK members get it and is it normally applied automatically?

If you are eligible there will be a card in your cabin indicating the loyalty gift.

Thanks, my 21st cruise credit was earned on a P&O ship for which Princess give a credit as it is a sister company. So this next cruise will be the first on a Princess ship since reaching the required number of credits.

Aaah, got it. Thats another way to get to 21 credits.

Maybe its just me, but you spend tens of thousands of dollars with Princess to take 21 cruises and they give you $25?! I love their product and they are still my go-to cruise line, but it just seems a bit cheap to me.

It isn't just $25, it is $25 on each cruise from now on. Until it jumps to $50 after 31 cruises, then $75 and then $100. And you get that even on a $69 overnight cruise from Seattle to Vancouver. And they will give you priority boarding, some free internet, do your laundry, give you $50 shareholders credit, give you $15 Future Cruise Deposit credit (if it is a 3 - 6 day cruise), give you a free mini bar set up unless in a suite where you would get two set ups, and all the other stuff that I missed.

My point is, they aren't giving you $25 for completing 20 cruises with Princess, it is just one more to add to a list of many perks. I don't particularly want them to review all of the perks and decide that if a perk isn't worth a certain minimum value they can go ahead and eliminate it. I am very appreciative of all the perks they give us.

Terry

Edited by AE_Collector

It isn't just $25, it is $25 on each cruise from now on. Until it jumps to $50 after 31 cruises, then $75 and then $100. And you get that even on a $69 overnight cruise from Seattle to Vancouver. And they will give you priority boarding, some free internet, do your laundry, give you $50 shareholders credit, give you $15 Future Cruise Deposit credit (if it is a 3 - 6 day cruise), give you a free mini bar set up unless in a suite where you would get two set ups, and all the other stuff that I missed.

My point is, they aren't giving you $25 for completing 20 cruises with Princess, it is just one more to add to a list of many perks. I don't particularly want them to review all of the perks and decide that if a perk isn't worth a certain minimum value they can go ahead and eliminate it. I am very appreciative of all the perks they give us.

Terry

Point taken :)

Terry

If I was given the choice perks or discount on cabin price it still would be the cabin.Princess knows which side their bread is buttered on;);)

I have only cruised RCL once and Carnival once, so i don't see how they are "my friends". Other than that its been Princess. As I said it would not affect my choice, just making a comment. They give $100 military credit, which is well deserved. Was just wondering why this benefit was so low given what you have to spend to get there.

It starts at $25 and gradually goes up. Once you hit 51 cruise credits, it is $100. Sure, it is not a huge amount, but I take what I can get. On our next cruise (28 days), we get $150 each for the FCC, 250 as shareholders, $50 Loyalty, and $75 from our TA. $675 in total. I figure in covers our tips for the trip.

Terry

It starts at $25 and gradually goes up. Once you hit 51 cruise credits, it is $100. Sure, it is not a huge amount, but I take what I can get. On our next cruise (28 days), we get $150 each for the FCC, 250 as shareholders, $50 Loyalty, and $75 from our TA. $675 in total. I figure in covers our tips for the trip.

I feel the same way and my experience on RCI was they do not allow combining OBCs. Princess allows us to combine OBCs which gave us $1,600 on a b2b 31 day cruise.

Each cruise line has some unique benefits & we have the option to select the best overall loyalty program for each of us. Thankfully overall Princess provides my wife & I with our best cruise experience at a good price & adds some good Captain's Circle benefits to thank us for our loyalty. That works for us & the extra $50 loyalty OBC pays for our dinner at the Crown Grill. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer