Must haves for long cruises.

Duffysmom

Just picked up something at target that is going in my cruise stash for short or long cruises. My dad is very low vision and he has a hard time finding his stateroom. I found sheets of magnet "wallpaper" for lockers in the back to school section. I will stick a couple of sheets on his door and hopefully he will be able to find it without too much problem.

This is also good for kids who may remember what deck their cabin is on but all doors look alike.

As I got out of the shower this morning I realized two things I would bring. My own larger towel (those little ones are a joke for anyone that is over weight) and a shower mat. A mat, you say? Yes, my feet get cold easily and it is extremely painful for me. Putting down towels doesn't work because Stewart would just pick them up when they were still clean. This way it is always there even at 2 am. I am sitting here in 90 degree weather with wool socks on :eek:.

I always bring my own pillow even if just going away over night.

A big thank you to all those who mentioned Bookbub. I've had it for almost a week and have "purchased" several of the free books offered in preparation for our next cruise.

Another web site where you can "buy" free books is OHFB.

It is owned by one person (Mike), so I occasionally grab a 99 cent book to help him out. Sites like OHFB and Bookbub make a small commission every time you buy a book.

We take cold medicine. Somehow we tend to get colds on ships and DayQuil and NyQuil are a dollar apiece in Princess. Otherwise, we have a long list of things we have learned to take on cruises, no matter what the length. A lot of people would think us a bit anal, but we always take a clock, extension cards, iPad cords and any medication we might possibly need. Clothes can always be bought along the way.

We take cold medicine. Somehow we tend to get colds on ships and DayQuil and NyQuil are a dollar apiece in Princess. Otherwise, we have a long list of things we have learned to take on cruises, no matter what the length. A lot of people would think us a bit anal, but we always take a clock, extension cards, iPad cords and any medication we might possibly need. Clothes can always be bought along the way.

Yes medicatons are a must.

THANK YOU! Your discreet reminder to put Vitamin C and Multi-Vitamin tablets/capsules on my packing list, and start taking them 6 weeks before cruising to build up my immunity is MUCH appreciated! Had already planned to have 1 lot of medication in use and a spare set packed to nip trouble in the bud; always pack the computer, camera and mobile phone cords WITH the relevant item-I just might put the camera and mobile cords into the computer case as I'll have camera and phone in my handbag, and I don't like having things loose in my bag-too much risk of pulling them out and losing them IMHO and cords are challenging to keep track of for me anyway!

THANK YOU! Your discreet reminder to put Vitamin C and Multi-Vitamin tablets/capsules on my packing list, and start taking them 6 weeks before cruising to build up my immunity is MUCH appreciated! Had already planned to have 1 lot of medication in use and a spare set packed to nip trouble in the bud; always pack the computer, camera and mobile phone cords WITH the relevant item-I just might put the camera and mobile cords into the computer case as I'll have camera and phone in my handbag, and I don't like having things loose in my bag-too much risk of pulling them out and losing them IMHO and cords are challenging to keep track of for me anyway!

THANKS for the reminder! We're leaving in two days, and I should have been increasing my Vit. C for several days now.

We always carry cough syrup now after I had to pay $16 for a small bottle on a cruise several years ago.

As I got out of the shower this morning I realized two things I would bring. My own larger towel (those little ones are a joke for anyone that is over weight) and a shower mat. A mat, you say? Yes, my feet get cold easily and it is extremely painful for me.

If you are referring to a mat to use outside the show, one is supplied that you can use and if used is replaced when the cabin is serviced. If you want more than one to cover more floor area, ask your cabin steward.

If you are referring to a mat you can use inside the show, Princess does not supply one.

I always pack a dental 1st aid kit along with the regular items, and a complete medical list for DH and me. I list all daily meds, including OTC items, and those we take only as needed. Emergency contact info, DOB, blood type, and carry lists with us.

In an emergency I don't want to have to remember things like knee replacement, latex allergy and such.

I also pack little treats for our servers, room steward and bar tenders.

Joanie

Edited by sssteele