"Reduced Rate Upgrade"

bigb99

Hi all.

So I noticed that C&A members gold and higher get "reduced rate upgrades (when available)". My upcoming cruise being just my second with RCCL, I'm but a lowly gold. Does anyone have any indication on roughly how far out these reduced rate upgrades become available, if any? Will I get an email or will I have to keep checking the rate?

Thanks

Hi all.

So I noticed that C&A members gold and higher get "reduced rate upgrades (when available)". My upcoming cruise being just my second with RCCL, I'm but a lowly gold. Does anyone have any indication on roughly how far out these reduced rate upgrades become available, if any? Will I get an email or will I have to keep checking the rate?

Thanks

I have received offers on my last two cruises after final payment (Indy and Allure). I took advantage of the Indy upgrade from Balcony to JS - but be aware - you do not receive double C&A points for this type of upgrade.

I have not received an offer on my upcoming Adv cruise. Best Wishes

Never get these offers regardless if I book thru a TA or direct with RCL. I don't know if it's because we always book balconys or what. The only time we have been upgraded with no charge is when we booked a guarantee. And never offered an upgrade for a charge and we are Diamond plus. Doesn't seem fair to me but my other thought is maybe we have booked a much lower price then those who are offered an upgrade so for them it would not be much more but for us it would.

I sail Sunday and feel we got a fair deal ( about 1 k pp 7 nights caribbean for a balcony in the summer which would not be a fair deal off season). Our next 2 cruises are almost 1 k more per stateroom then when we booked so doubt I will get any calls for those either.

If any one can enlighten us more let us know...I would love a cheap upgrade.😏

We are Diamond Plus, almost Pinnacle. In the past 4 years we have gotten 3 upgrades from JS to a suite, and 2 offers for an upsell from JS to an OS for $100 pp, which we accepted. It is my understanding that Revenue Dept. gets first call on upgrades, then C&A. Revenue chooses upgrades based on revenue (probably who paid the highest $ for the cabin) and C&A starts with Pinnacle and works their way down by calling passengers and giving them their options to accept or refuse.

I would not swear that this is how it always works but is my opinion based on my experience.

Never get these offers regardless if I book thru a TA or direct with RCL. I don't know if it's because we always book balconys or what. The only time we have been upgraded with no charge is when we booked a guarantee. And never offered an upgrade for a charge and we are Diamond plus. Doesn't seem fair to me but my other thought is maybe we have booked a much lower price then those who are offered an upgrade so for them it would not be much more but for us it would.

I sail Sunday and feel we got a fair deal ( about 1 k pp 7 nights caribbean for a balcony in the summer which would not be a fair deal off season). Our next 2 cruises are almost 1 k more per stateroom then when we booked so doubt I will get any calls for those either.

If any one can enlighten us more let us know...I would love a cheap upgrade.😏

We are Diamond Plus as well and never, not once received a call or email for an upsell or upgrade. Might be cause we are from Texas! (I think I'm kidding)

First time on Holland America with a Suite for Aug. 30 and got an email upsell offer to the Pinnacle Suite (only 2 on ship). I was stunned. We took it. So I don't know how people are chosen, I mean our first trip with them, no pull or anything.....the Upgrade Fairy was looking over us.

So have hope...you never know.

I got an e-mail last year to upgrade from a balcony to a JS for about $100. It was about 3-4 weeks before sailing. Even though I did not get the extra point, it was worth it. Someone posted on CC when they got the e-mail and quite a few people took advantage of the opportunity even if they did not get the e-mail. All you had to do was call. It was over a weekend and they sold out in a day or two.

We were on the Brilliance last August and after final payment there was a sale and had our TA upgrade us to a JS at no additional cost. Then I noticed that there were GS available and just watched our reservation and about 10 days before sailing noticed we had a new cabin number, a GS! Called RCL to confirm. They reissued docs and luggage tags the next day. I was the one who told our TA! Very nice.

Thank you for posting.

I assuming you are a TA. The current BOGOHO ends on the 16th. How soon will you get notification of what will start on the 17th?

I am not a TA. I just saved that pdf when someone else posted it earlier.