Oasis of seas stopped at sea

We are currently on the Oasis and we are stopped aiding refuges from Cuba life boat out refusing food or water small raft waiting by them for coastguard

Pretty standard that they refuse anything, as that will stop their travel to make "dry feet". USCG will have the closest ship remain to keep the refugees in sight until a cutter arrives.

Imagine being in a little raft like that and seeing the Oasis Of The Freakin Seas coming at you?!! OMG :eek:

Good thing for them it was during day light .... they could have been mowed right over

Happens all the time......I am sure those in the raft are upset because now they surely will go back to where they came from.

Was on the Disney Magic recently. At 2 a.m. stopped to render assistance to a man floating in what looked like a children's paddling pool. He refused help and wanted to continue drifting northward towards Florida. The ship picked him up in a lifeboat and waited for a rendezvous with a USCG cutter. We could see all from our cabin window. We were told that the USCG would take the man back to Cuba. Was told that this type of 'rescue' is a frequent occurrence.

Happens all the time......I am sure those in the raft are upset because now they surely will go back to where they came from.

And rightfully so! I feel bad for all the passengers delayed at sea because of these people trying no doubt to sneak into the United States...

And rightfully so! I feel bad for all the passengers delayed at sea because of these people trying no doubt to sneak into the United States...

I'm speechless.:( If I understand correctly, you feel sorry for the people on a modern ship with all the conveniences, food, and drink they could ask for because their schedule was slightly disrupted.:confused: If so, I think your priorities are off. Maybe you need a little empathy for the people whose circumstances are so dire they would set off on the ocean in little more than a rubber raft.

I'm speechless.:( If I understand correctly, you feel sorry for the people on a modern ship with all the conveniences, food, and drink they could ask for because their schedule was slightly disrupted.:confused: If so, I think your priorities are off. Maybe you need a little empathy for the people whose circumstances are so dire they would set off on the ocean in little more than a rubber raft.

Wait till morning, they will be in line asking for an OBC for the inconvenience of it all. :eek:

I'm going to give yankees111 the benefit of the doubt and assume that he/she was just trying to be ironic and it got lost in the translation somehow.

People, you do not chose where to be born. So that statement makes no sense! Why do we want to cruise to a country where their people try to escape from? I would not visit Cuba until the folks that live there are treated better.They are still under a dictatorship!!

Marine traffic shows Oasis arrived in Port Everglades at 5:29am, within it's normal window. People will be disembarking right on time and no one was delayed, not to mention they abided to marine law to help in the resume of the folks on the raft.

If you are ever stuck bobbing around in a large body of water, for whatever reason, I bet you'd be excited to see a few Cubans coming to your rescue. I don't think they'd pass you by, thinking that you are a self entered individual who couldn't care less.

Right now hundreds if not thousands are trying to reach the shores of Italy and Greece (for example) to escape their hardships in their home countries. Why do you think the pilgrims came to what would become the states. Everyone wants to be at the land of milk and honey. Practically everyone in North America is an immigrant, unless you are of pure American Indian descent. Heck, they even immigrated on the land bridge from Russia.

I can only hope you have more compassion that you post paints you to have. Canada and the States have been know for their compassion. I can only hope that if you are ever stuck in the water bobbing around whoever comes across you has a higher level of compassion than you. Otherwise, you might see them sail right by you.

http://instaar.colorado.edu/QGISL/bering_land_bridge/downloads/beringlandbridge1s.mov