Wine checked luggage or carry on

Boarding next Saturday on the Oasis and planning on taking two bottles on wine onboard. Should the wine be packed in the checked luggage or carry on?

I'd put it in the carry on, so you know there won't be any breakage. Since you're allowed two bottles per cabin, there's no need to put it in checked luggage, and you can put it right through security.

Well most couples go through security together. And even if you go through separate scanners you still only have one set of boarding documents. Depending on their mood you might get bag checked or not. So if you do the old Husband has two and wife has two in carry on's bags,They ask for your boarding docs at the bag check station on other side of scanners. They are not dumb. It just depends on how much they want to enforce it or what orders they receive that day. I know. Done it and got caught and gotten away with it. Luck of the draw as they say. I'm about even[emoji1]

I have a leather(ette) bottle carrier that holds 3 bottles.

For fun, I have the 3rd section loaded with toilet articles that need to stand up. The checkers always stop me, assuming that I am trying to sneak on a 3rd bottle. Imagine their surprise when they discover I'm not....

always wondered where they checked that. at security? how does security know who your traveling with?

I can't speak for other ports, but San Juan was very relaxed about it. If you had something that looked like alcohol in your carry on they put an orange zip tie on it and someone was supposed to check it later, but nobody did. After we went through the scanner there were no more checks and they did not write anything down on a sheet or a list or mark your boarding pass or anything. I only brought one bottle of wine instead of two and they put the zip tie on my bag to make sure it was wine, but I walked right on the ship without anyone ever asking me about it, and I had to cut it off myself.

A question on bringing wine onboard for a B2B cruise. Do you bring 4 bottles with you and they hold 2 for the second cruise? Someone on our roll call was asking.

You are allowed to bring 4 bottles with you, and they say they will take two and hold them for the second cruise.

A question on bringing wine onboard for a B2B cruise. Do you bring 4 bottles with you and they hold 2 for the second cruise? Someone on our roll call was asking.

I've always brought 4 bottles on and just showed the paperwork for the 2nd cruise. Never had a problem until last week boarding the Enchantment. They took 2 bottles and gave me a receipt. At the end of the 1st cruise I had to hunt down where the wine was to get them back.

My mom had a bottle break in her luggage on Princess. All of her clothes were soaked with it. Luckily, it was white wine and they have self service laundry on Princess ships. RCI does not. I would hate to see that cleaning bill :eek:

I have a leather(ette) bottle carrier that holds 3 bottles.

For fun, I have the 3rd section loaded with toilet articles that need to stand up. The checkers always stop me, assuming that I am trying to sneak on a 3rd bottle. Imagine their surprise when they discover I'm not....

Mine holds two, but I can stuff it with other drinks.

1439231691075.jpg.43a7c85d18defab3013845d9d27ef6f0.jpg

1439231717849.jpg.cc855b778847bf578e2cd41009f4f7aa.jpg