Celebrity, you have to be kidding

ghstudio

Op's math is a little off. $9,062 - $8,702 = $360 increase. Not $350.

Then Curt equates the $350 to a 14 day cruise, causing him to project $26.60 in savings by "going better" with the grats offer. Given that the upcharge is $15pp/day, the $360 increase actually implies a 12 night cruise. Grats for 12 nights in a C1 @ 13.45pp/day come to $322.80, which loses $37.20 vs the $360 upcharge. In fact, paying a $15/day upcharge to save $13.45/day on grats loses you $1.45pp/day regardless of the length of the cruise.

This is from two guys who seem to know and understand this game. No wonder everyone is confused. Me, I'm packing extra calculator batteries on my next sailing.

Op's math is a little off. $9,062 - $8,702 = $360 increase. Not $350.

No wonder everyone is confused. Me, I'm packing extra calculator batteries on my next sailing.

It's the new math...you just have to get close :)

the OP

3) Elite level or above Captains Club members who get free pre-dinner drinks and free specialty coffees anyway.......

Hi,

for 'this' cruise I booked an inside ..... so I am not much concerned what they offer under the BBB program ...... and probably in the future I will not have much interest in it, since we are elite in the Club and do not drink alcohol anyway .

but, please tell me how the "free specialty coffee" works ... it has been few years since our last celebrity cruise.

Is it just during the breakfast ? during the day ? what kind of coffee ? are some excluded ? do I pay for it first and they cancel the charge ? do I tip the person that serves the coffee ?

Last few cruises we did on RCI and being members of the required level in the C&A, we used their coffee machine ...... anytime..... and whatever we wanted from the machine.

Sorry for asking this question /s here ..... but it seems that you visit this thread and probably have the answers.

Thanks

Edited by wieslaw

Hi,

for 'this' cruise I booked an inside ..... so I am not much concerned what they offer under the BBB program ...... and probably in the future I will not have much interest in it, since we are elite in the Club and do not drink alcohol anyway .

but, please tell me how the "free specialty coffee" works ... it has been few years since our last celebrity cruise.

Is it just during the breakfast ? during the day ? what kind of coffee ? are some excluded ? do I pay for it first and they cancel the charge ? do I tip the person that serves the coffee ?

Last few cruises we did on RCI and being members of the required C&A, we used their coffee machine ...... anytime..... and whatever we wanted from the machine.

Sorry for asking this question /s here ..... but it seems that you visit this thread and probably have the answers.

Thanks

For Elite level the free coffees are only available in the morning at the Elite Captain's Club Coffee Break (as they call it). There is no dedicated lounge like on most RCCL ships.

Edited by CruisingChick

The bean counters are using modern math. Not everybody is proficient in this new-fangled ciphering....

I have NO cruises planned beyond OCT 2016; I can either wait or go elsewhere. I'm the equivalent of Elite (or better) on most of the desirable cruise lines.

I can hear the adverting now. Affording the luxury of being able to pay $15 for a $12.50 gratuity, that's "Modern Math".

Edited by Iamcruzin

I just wish they would say "free Classic Beverage package or Premium non-alcoholic beverage package ".

We booked three rooms in a row for our next cruise, and DS had to take the $300 OBC because of his age. What he wanted was the premium non-alcoholic package. The OBC doesn't quite cover the cost of the beverage package for him and his buddy. Since he will only be 20 at time of sailing, they refuse to put the beverage package on the reservation even though guest relations has been known to allow the downgrade once you board.